Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times

Advertisements

As frustrated as we were when W won or was appointed, we didn't drive cars over our spouses, commit suicide, or volunteer to assassinate him.
You RWNJ's need to get over it. seriously. Enough already.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
There is a certain element of insanity coming from the right these past few years which i attribute to rightwing media sources that for some inexplicable reason are fomenting hate and intolerance in their listeners toward their fellow Americans ., at this point they've brainwashed their audience into believing half of all Americans are nothing more than social parasites, the President is a Muslim Kenyan Communist, all Democrats are to be detested and called silly little names, Romney was supposed to win in a landslide, and now the President is being referred to as the Butcher of Benghazi and should be impeached..
Used to be two people with differing political ideology would perhaps discuss those differences once in a while and end up agreeing to disagree,now for the rightie it quickly turns into foaming at the mouth name calling and a general hateful diatribe directed at those that arent on the rightwing crazy train...
Somethings aint right with rightwing thinking these days.

Last edited by jambo101; 11-23-2012 at 01:37 AM..

Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
all Democrats are to be detested and called silly little names.
I pulled this out to make point: I'm a 60+ year old white Christian woman who has lived in North Texas most of my life. Throughout the decades I've listened to and respected and voted all points of view. Until this year, I've never been vilified, and as you say 'called silly little names' for my Democrat political leaning.

Shame on those who have attempted to marginalize me. In years past, the worst I ever wished on them was that their candidate would lose. I've never ever wished upon them the evil (suicide, spousal homicide, assassination) they seem to endorse.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
As anyone familiar with Glenn Beck or "AM talk radio" can attest, a lot of conservative media, enabled by the GOP, have increasingly tried to appeal to the mentally unstable and the malcontent "fringe" as a genuine marketing demographic. For example what other commercial market so chronically and brazenly tries to sell fear, rage, prejudice, hate and paranoia as a "product"?!

And for awhile there this demographic worked as a voting constituency (aka, the "base"). But now the honeymoon is over, and mainstream and moderate GOP voters are finally seeing the "bride" in the harsh light of day!

But like any niche market, we'll continue to see their ravings, such as all the goofy threads here, re-cycled from the Blaze and the rest of the RWNJ Fever Swamps.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 AM

397 posts, read 257,570 times
Lets face it. You have two political majority parties in this Country. One is very violent. One is not. The one that is not violent will be victimized by the other that is. I hope God will continue to protect President Obama. Just imagine what this cop has done to people over the years.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
As frustrated as we were when W won or was appointed, we didn't drive cars over our spouses, commit suicide, or volunteer to assassinate him.
He was a nut, couldn't have been a Republican or a Demorcrat, this has nothing to do with it. just like suicide bombers do not represent all Muslims, this guy does not represent the party and you know it...

Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is a certain element of insanity coming from the right these past few years which i attribute to rightwing media sources that for some inexplicable reason are fomenting hate and intolerance in their listeners toward their fellow Americans ., at this point they've brainwashed their audience into believing half of all Americans are nothing more than social parasites, the President is a Muslim Kenyan Communist, all Democrats are to be detested and called silly little names, Romney was supposed to win in a landslide, and now the President is being referred to as the Butcher of Benghazi and should be impeached..
Used to be two people with differing political ideology would perhaps discuss those differences once in a while and end up agreeing to disagree,now for the rightie it quickly turns into foaming at the mouth name calling and a general hateful diatribe directed at those that arent on the rightwing crazy train...
Somethings aint right with rightwing thinking these days.

I think the right wing media modifies its message to appeal to its audience. The fact that Fox News, Limbaugh, Beck, etc do so well is that there's a market for their fear/hate-mongering. They might attempt to manipulate that audience, but they didn't create it.

It's another outcome of the marriage of the GOP to the crackpot religious right.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
As anyone familiar with Glenn Beck or "AM talk radio" can attest, a lot of conservative media, enabled by the GOP, have increasingly tried to appeal to the mentally unstable and the malcontent "fringe" as a genuine marketing demographic. For example what other commercial market so chronically and brazenly tries to sell fear, rage, prejudice, hate and paranoia as a "product"?!

And for awhile there this demographic worked as a voting constituency (aka, the "base"). But now the honeymoon is over, and mainstream and moderate GOP voters are finally seeing the "bride" in the harsh light of day!

But like any niche market, we'll continue to see their ravings, such as all the goofy threads here, re-cycled from the Blaze and the rest of the RWNJ Fever Swamps.
All the right's verbal garbage crept in, a little bit at a time, over many years. I remember Limbaugh using his term 'feminazis' in 1989.
I think all those despicable people on talk radio- Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, et.al., tried to out-do each other, all trying to come up with the catchiest insult, in hopes of getting more notice by each as the years went by. When one of them came up with a word or prhase that stuck to the wall, the others would steal it and use it too, spreading the infection.

And all the poison simply sunk into the bone, as poison does. Once a word was heard a few times on air, the same word would be heard on the streets, first as a new novelty, then gradually becoming another cliché. Nobody hears clichés after a time, so another new insult was churned up and passed around.

Verbal hatred, shorthand style. Words and thoughts so simple the most stupid can understand. We all let it go on unchallenged for far too long.

I believe the turning point came in 2008 when John McCain realized how much damage the hate words were doing to his campaign. His V.P. choice was swimming in hate speech; if she wasn't using it, she allowed her audience to use it unchallenged. And McCain was jeered when he tried to stop it in his appearances. It was stunning to see people turning out to listen to McCain and then booing him. What were they thinking? Why make the effort to go see a candidate do indulge in that kind of idiocy?

We all watched it happen. The majority of us finally turned away in disgust while the fools blithely carried on. Those words killed McCain's chances of being President, killed Palin's aspirations, and now has killed a major party's ability of regaining a solid majority for a long time to come. Nasty habits are the hardest to break.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
When I look at the liberal movement and the riots;looting and burning ;its clear who is really violent.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Why would the LWNJ get their hands dirty when their candidate assassinates for them? Or did you forget Anwar and Abdulrahman Awlaki?
Guess it's okay to kill those animals in the Middle East though right? Otherwise why be there since the President controls troop movements? It's his war.

Things change from being a Senator to when you become President I guess, like keeping your word.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

Enough already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections