Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:42 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then let me help you out. Since 1964 the Republican national political strategy has been based on "The Southern Strategy". Don't know what "The Southern Strategy" is I'll have Lee Atwater a major Republican political strategist during the 70's, 80's, explain it too you:

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Republican Party hasn't been the Party of Lincoln since Nelson Rockefeller was booed off the stage at the Republican National Convention in 1964 for urging Republicans to repudiate extreme conservatives.

Nelson Rockefeller: Republican Party must repudiate extremists

American Experience | The Rockefellers | People & Events
Thank you for that!

Nows the time to go back to lincolns republican party!

Talk about its a shame that cutting goverment assistance hurts blacks more than whites! By now that this is still true says alot about what the dems havnt done for blacks and what reps can do for blacks as a whole. Push oppertunity regardless of color of skin, push school vouchers, push american jobs.

Republican party needs to change its priorities! Who cares who marries who, what sex they are, what color of skin they have, as long as they protect and raise their kids right. Right as in values and hard work for fair wage.

Republicans need to be the party of I do!

I do as in

Marriage (2 people regardless of race or sex)
Work ( as in opps free hand out)
Help others out of poverty( instead of keeping others down)
Family values ( community responsiblity, helping one another)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
That is simply not true. Yes, probably more blacks voted in 2008 because they were so excited about Obama, but blacks also voted for Clinton and Gore in overwhelming numbers.

I doubt that they'd vote for Allen West. He has nothing to offer them.

Just like Mittens had nothing to offer them. He's only for rich white men.

And now many Republicans want to repeal the Voting Rights Act of 1965!

Come on where the proof republicans want to repeal the voting rights act of 1965? As some dems have said on here show me the proof of that!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM

72,977 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Come on where the proof republicans want to repeal the voting rights act of 1965? As some dems have said on here show me the proof of that!
You might want to read this articles:

Jim Greer denounces Florida Republican Party officials as liars, 'right-wing crazies' in deposition - Tampa Bay Times

Volunteer says Texas voter laws cause fear of prosecution - Houston Chronicle

Texas Republican Party proposes repealing Voting Rights Act of 1965, returning to Gold Standard - The Ed Show

Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,366,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I doubt that they'd vote for Allen West. He has nothing to offer them.

Just like Mittens had nothing to offer them. He's only for rich white men.
There you have it ..... they guy who gives me the most stuff gets my vote.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:55 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,364 times
There are only two solution to the inner city black poverty problem
either one guranteed and forced employment through state owned business like china.

or forced abortions of people who could not take care of their kids with lifetime cap
on welfare benefits. Everything else has been tried.

but neither democrats or republicans could ever accept this.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
There you have it ..... they guy who gives me the most stuff gets my vote.
oh so I guess all those African Americans who make 75k a yr in the suburbs of VA
want free stuff yeah right.

didnt Mitt promise everybody a 20% tax cut

Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 PM

The ed show on msnbc? I wont beleive anything from msnbc just like you wont from foxnews.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you long for a time when the country was more like 1950 and the white male was more in control?
Do you really think conservatives favor segregation and slavery?

Quote:
The 50's were great for the white conservative male.....bet you miss those days.
This may surprise you, but there were others who don't fit that definition who liked the '50s.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

This may surprise you, but there were others who don't fit that definition who liked the '50s.

But dont you know we are all racist pigs..

Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

Well you are posting in a thread about how dumb African Americans are for voting for Obama....as if they are not smart enough to make the choice on their own who they want to be president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections