Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Riverside
4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Reputation: 3092

Advertisements

47 states have now ratified their votes- Obama leads Romney 50.97 to 47.3 %

Three lessons from the near-final popular vote - latimes.com

Two of the three states yet to certify are NY and Hawaii, so President Obama's margin of victory is sure to increase.

If Obama winds up with 51% of the popular vote, he will be the sixth president in history to win twice with at least 51%. The others are: Jackson, Grant, McKinley, FDR, and Eisenhower (No, Saint Ronnie didn't make the cut)

Romney, on the other hand... well, he'll be LUCKY if he holds on to his beloved 47%

Turns out Republicans were RIGHT about the polls being off- none accurately predicted Obama's historic margin of victory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Rational World Park
4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Reputation: 2375
I hope Willard ends up with exactly 47%...Poetic Justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Excellent post

President Obama win is historic simply because he won. His margin of victory is icing on the cake.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 12-17-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
 
25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Reputation: 23295
LOL, Only *******ians would be rejoicing that Dear leader was less popular in his second election than his first. BTW Ronnie got Almost 59 percent of the Popular vote his second term and also had larger margins of victory in both his first and second reelections than Obama.

Hell, Tricky Dick was more popular than Obama in his 2nd election.

Sit and Spin on those facts.

Silly *******s facts are for adults. LMAO!!!!



List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 PM
 
630 posts, read 1,265,373 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
LOL, Only *******ians would be rejoicing that Dear leader was less popular in his second election than his first. BTW Ronnie got Almost 59 percent of the Popular vote his second term and also had larger margins of victory in both his first and second reelections than Obama.

Hell, Tricky Dick was more popular than Obama in his 2nd election.

Sit and Spin on those facts.

Silly *******s facts are for adults. LMAO!!!!



List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*******s....funny

When did Ronald Reagan win in a landslide? Wasn't that almost 30 years ago? And wasn't Nixon's landslide 40 years ago? How about you look at the more recent Republican presidents. The first Bush couldn't get elected to a second term, so he was basically Jimmy Carter. The second Bush didn't even win the popular vote his first time and won by less than two and a half points in 2004, which is still worse than Obama in 2008 or 2012.

Since 1992, your party has only won the popular vote one time. I know I'm a *******, so I hope you don't mind me pulling out these facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Reputation: 4890
Great...now tell us how many of those were illegals, paid bums off the street corners, & dead people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
 
25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Reputation: 23295
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
*******s....funny

When did Ronald Reagan win in a landslide? Wasn't that almost 30 years ago? And wasn't Nixon's landslide 40 years ago? How about you look at the more recent Republican presidents. The first Bush couldn't get elected to a second term, so he was basically Jimmy Carter. The second Bush didn't even win the popular vote his first time and won by less than two and a half points in 2004, which is still worse than Obama in 2008 or 2012.

Since 1992, your party has only won the popular vote one time. I know I'm a *******, so I hope you don't mind me pulling out these facts.
OP brought up Ronnie not me. Figured I just reply in kind with Presidents of that era. Guess you missed all that in your rush to reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
 
19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Reputation: 7365
This *******s must be where retards come from..... That figures about now.......

BAN GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
 
630 posts, read 1,265,373 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
OP brought up Ronnie not me. Figured I just reply in kind with Presidents of that era. Guess you missed all that in your rush to reply.
No, I read the OP's post, and I'll be the first to admit that Reagan's wins were historic. No Republican today would be able to win states like Vermont, Massachusetts and California. But since then, Democrats have been able to expand the electoral map in their favor, while the GOP is increasingly becoming relegated to a handful of very conservative states. Since the Reagan era, the party has been in an electoral slump, and calling people who think differently "*******s" isn't helping your case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Reputation: 4686
Republicans weren't counting on such enthusiasm from young voters this time around. They though the economy and their job situation would keep them home. They didn't expect that Obama coming out in support of gay marriage and ending DADT would energize young voters like it did. This election was historic...for gay culture and gay rights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top