Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM

996 posts, read 1,896,862 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, or Susana Martinez run. Bobby Jindal, Scott Walker, and John Thune wouldn't be bad either. Heck, I'd most likely support Rand Paul too.

I like Jeb Bush too (I'm a Bush family fan, bite me ), but he ain't gonna run.

I just hope Santorum doesn't run in 2016. I like him and all, but he's nuts on gay issues, and is really weak on economics. I supported him in 2012, but mainly because I hated Romney, and wanted to support a true Pro-Lifer in the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I'd love to see Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, or Susana Martinez run. Bobby Jindal, Scott Walker, and John Thune wouldn't be bad either. Heck, I'd most likely support Rand Paul too.

I like Jeb Bush too (I'm a Bush family fan, bite me ), but he ain't gonna run.

I just hope Santorum doesn't run in 2016. I like him and all, but he's nuts on gay issues, and is really weak on economics. I supported him in 2012, but mainly because I hated Romney, and wanted to support a true Pro-Lifer in the primary.
I do not see Jindal running because if I remember right, his wife is not much of a politican..and would rather not be in the limelight...Nikki Haley maybe, Susana Martinez would be great...Santorum would go nowhere next I am guessing. I think his success, if you can call it that, this time was due to no one really 100% committed to any candidate or if we were they died quickly...Rand Paul, I will hold my judgement on him for awhile.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 PM

215 posts, read 182,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would hope the Republican Party returns to its roots and nominates the most religious, crony capitalism, militarist, one world racist fool they can find. They could include Palin as VP as well.

This would give the country a clear choice between insanity and reason.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My point exactly: the two houses can not be separated, but you were the one that referred to congress as if it was just the house when you made reference to the low approval ratings on congress being controlled by Republicans; my point, simply is, the low rating refers to both houses, one controlled by the GOP,the other the Democrats.
The low rating reflects directly on Republican obstructionism in both houses of congress. And now your GOP speaker claims he will no longer negotiate with the president. Who exactly does he suppose he should negotiate with? Does Boner realize that conferring with the president is his primary duty as speaker?

Do you suppose that the public approves of this escalation of obstruction?

Do you suppose the public is unaware of the tactic the teabaggers used to stall relief funds for the vicitms of hurricans Sandy?

The ugly truth is that the GOp has been wrong on just about eery issue for the past decade. And this will come home to roost.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The low rating reflects directly on Republican obstructionism in both houses of congress. And now your GOP speaker claims he will no longer negotiate with the president. Who exactly does he suppose he should negotiate with? Does Boner realize that conferring with the president is his primary duty as speaker?

Do you suppose that the public approves of this escalation of obstruction?

Do you suppose the public is unaware of the tactic the teabaggers used to stall relief funds for the vicitms of hurricans Sandy?

The ugly truth is that the GOp has been wrong on just about eery issue for the past decade. And this will come home to roost.
very interesting, first you try to tell us it is the congress referring to the house only as having low ratings, then when it is pointed out, the congress is two houses, it is suddenly still the Republicans in both houses that are responsible for the low approval ratings, even though the majority in the senate are Democrats..You said it yourself there are no polls tha separate the two..So may I ask, what makes you suddenly decide it is all the fault of the GOP? Cone on, be honest, the congress gets low rateing because of both sides...And the low ratings have nothing to do with Sandy...The polls we are referring to reflect weeks ago, not yesterday...How about the bills still sitting on Reids desk that have never be acted on or the attempt to get a budget...are these the fault of only one side?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
Ron Paul,Gary Johnson,Andrew Napolitano.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Ron Paul,Gary Johnson,Andrew Napolitano.
too bad not a one of them would even consider running or running again. Ron Paul has retired period, Gary Johnson doesn't fit into the mold: He isn't a Republican anymore and didn't do well as the Libartarian candidate. Andrew Napolitano has never held a public office I don't think, indicating politics isn't his first love. To be a successful Pres candidate you need some political background and certainly a burning desire to lead the country.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
Yeah I know none of them will run at least not as a republican but that's who I would like. I am no Rand Paul fan and can't think of anyone else I like.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Chris Christie. The lone sane major Republican with the guts to admit he is sane, believes in math, science, environmental issues, etc.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Chris Christie. The lone sane major Republican with the guts to admit he is sane, believes in math, science, environmental issues, etc.
Those are the characteristics that disqualify him from getting the GOP nod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections