Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Ted right?
Yes, i hate myself 5 45.45%
No, i have other reasons for being a leftist. Ted is just a cabin dwelling Malthusian Hitlerian crank. 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Ted Kaczynski, child prodigy and top of class Harvard graduate, says you are. Who are you to disagree with such colossal intellect?

washingtonpost.com: Unabomber Special Report

The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call “feelings of inferiority” and “oversocialization.” Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.

Leftists tend to hate anything that has an image of being strong, good and successful. They hate America, they hate Western civilization, they hate white males, they hate rationality. The reasons that leftists give for hating the West, etc. clearly do not correspond with their real motives.

Art forms that appeal to modern leftish intellectuals tend to focus on sordidness, defeat and despair, or else they take an orgiastic tone, throwing off rational control as if there were no hope of accomplishing anything through rational calculation and all that was left was to immerse oneself in the sensations of the moment.

Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason, science, objective reality and to insist that everything is culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can be defined.

Notice the masochistic tendency of leftist tactics. Leftists protest by lying down in front of vehicles, they intentionally provoke police or racists to abuse them, etc.

But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power.

The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong enough to rebel against the most basic values of society.

Leftists, especially those of the oversocialized type, usually do not rebel against these principles but justify their hostility to society by claiming (with some degree of truth) that society is not living up to these principles.

No, I'm my biggest fan.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
You do realize you are citing the unabomber as an authority on what is psychologically normal? Did it ever occur to you that this might be problematic...in any way?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Its just kind of odd.

He's some luddite cabin dweller, who praises science, but at the same time rejects technology as heretic.

I dont think he's insane, I just dont think he's quite there yet with his theories.
You think the Unabomber is sane and rational?

That speaks volumes about your mindset.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What about the abuses of the poor. I'm so sick of hearing about the non-working poor when we all know full well they are abusing the system and want more for doing nothing. I have no sympathy for them because I don't think it is fair that working people are forced to support them. By the time we are done giving to them they make around 50K and they play the "I'm poor" ... Oh poor is me....card to the hilt.

Just as bad is that they have no personal pride.

What is wrong with doing something about their abuses?
Many of the poor are mentally ill or have lower IQs. Why do you assume everyone is able to work? What is so unbelievably hard to believe that there will be people in this country that just cannot make it on their own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And yes it is obvious that the left is filled with self hate. It's like the people who try to overcompensate by using bullying tactics to cover up their self doubt.

Liberals act like no one has any common sense or that we need them to tell us what is good for us. They are obviously thinking about other liberals. They want to tell us what we can drink, what the kids can eat and on and on. If Liberals had their way, they would tell us when we are "allowed" to go to the bathroom.
Read your quote above, and you can see why it's likely more than just liberals that think you have no common sense.

As for liberals telling you when to go to the bathroom, your posts are so full of **** I'd be surprised if you ever get off the toilet.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Does someone who would start a thread like this have the ability to discern when it fails miserably?

I'd say no....

Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
waht, this wasnt supposed to go in 'elections'
Do you hate yourself for blowing it?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM

768 posts, read 879,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
You do realize you are citing the unabomber as an authority on what is psychologically normal? Did it ever occur to you that this might be problematic...in any way?
In a world gone mad, the last sane person would be deemed insane.

That is all.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM

768 posts, read 879,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you hate yourself for blowing it?
I'll get over it.

Actually, had it gone in the main bit it probably would have disappeared beneath the endless plethora of Do blacks men date white women/do white men date black women/shall we send the blacks back to africa threads that seem to occupy about 90% of american political discourse. So maybe its better its stayed here.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
I thought leftists externalized their hate by internalizing their inner 'victim' and blaming society at large for their pain.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
This thread is a riot.

I will make sure and dig up my favorite Joe Stalin quote criticizing conservatives....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections