Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times

Advertisements

Chris Christie drops bomb on GOP leaders - CNN.com

Politically, will this hurt or boost him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

Boost.

Big time.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

It is probably going to end any chance he had of winning the nomination in 2016, but I am not sure he really cares. He is obviously a very passionate man, cares about his state and doesn't give a darn what others think. This might be ok in some situations but not when you seek higher office. If I lived in Jersey or NY I would be pissed as well, but not living there, it is easy to be objective. The entire bill sucks..Eventually the those affected by Sandy will get help, but not from a bill filled with pork...

Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is probably going to end any chance he had of winning the nomination in 2016, but I am not sure he really cares. He is obviously a very passionate man, cares about his state and doesn't give a darn what others think. This might be ok in some situations but not when you seek higher office. If I lived in Jersey or NY I would be pissed as well, but not living there, it is easy to be objective. The entire bill sucks..Eventually the those affected by Sandy will get help, but not from a bill filled with pork...
So, what do you get in ArKANsas? Floods? Tornadoes?

Well, don't worry....eventually you will get help...in a few months...in the dead of winter...

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2013 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
What the Republican leadership did here is absolutely disgusting and sickening. Christie was dead on, as was my Congressman Peter King, who is someone who I generally can't stand, have always voted against and even campaigned against. They went off on the GOP leadership and were dead on.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:42 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,042 times
Good for him. I appreciate anyone who puts their politics aside and is willing to be honest, and thats on both sides.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
What the Republican leadership did here is absolutely disgusting and sickening. Christie was dead on, as was my Congressman Peter King, who is someone who I generally can't stand, have always voted against and even campaigned against. They went off on the GOP leadership and were dead on.
They were wrong. Get the whole story. In 2 days, 9 billion will be released for pressing needs. Christ, we didn't spend but 7 billion on ALL of hurricane andrew's needs. 60 billion withoutbanynscrutiny is equal to 10 percent of the entire discretionary spending in the current budget outside of the military. The state of new jerseys entire budget equals 30 billion....for the entire annual budget.

Sorry, this is one land grab, one piece of graft, one feedbag that's going to be scrutinized. New jork and new ursey are oing to have to shellack their own for all the improvements they are looking for tucked away in this mess. Next time, carry better insurance or move inland. 60 billion without a question. As if.

Sounds like a democrat enclave to me. No wonder the president spent so much time there. Amongst friends. Wonder if he would have done the same for mega tornado country if it had happened to them or, if people in the northeast would be squawking as much. How's the looting coming along?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
no, what is ridiculous is all the pork in that bill-money to the smithsonian, to alaska, to the kennedy space center, etc.

as always, the government never lets a crisis go to waste before they find a way to loot-but pandering is what they all do best, isn't it?

you can bet the people won't see much of that money, because we had back-to-back hurricanes in florida and virtually got nothing. (on a side note, i guess the county got something because they are trying to claw it back right now, years later. )

christie is just another political phoney, who probably destroyed what little base he did have-because i know a couple of democratic teachers in NJ and they hate him-and now he has no republican base either.

maybe he will get a big pile of cash to comfort himself.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So, being without a roof over your head, being cold with no power or water renders someone's opinion "subjective"? Shame on you.

To me, Christie has demonstrated he is a true leader. I dare say his "bomb" has endeared him to a lot of independents, myself included. The GOP could use more than a few real leaders, but the party will discard any moderates and nominate the winner of the race to the bottom of the kookiness barrel. Imagine, "lets kick to the curb" someone who dares to do the right thing. Way to go GOP.

What the GOP has done to the victims of superstorm Sandy is right down indecent, but very Rovian in character.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
no, what is ridiculous is all the pork in that bill-money to the smithsonian, to alaska, to the kennedy space center, etc.

as always, the government never lets a crisis go to waste before they find a way to loot-but pandering is what they all do best, isn't it?

you can bet the people won't see much of that money, because we had back-to-back hurricanes in florida and virtually got nothing. (on a side note, i guess the county got something because they are trying to claw it back right now, years later. )

christie is just another political phoney, who probably destroyed what little base he did have-because i know a couple of democratic teachers in NJ and they hate him-and now he has no republican base either.

maybe he will get a big pile of cash to comfort himself.
You forgot NASCAR, dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections