Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,213,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Can he win a third term?

Wasn't there a president who had 4 terms (Roosevelt?)

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?
Presidents can only have 2 terms because of Roosevelt. He's the reason that clause was created, though to be fair the US really did need him in office all 4 terms he happened to win.

Obama will be out of the Oval Office in January of 2017. No need to worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,132,182 times
look at it this way. for those that would like to see the 22nd Amendment repealed. in 2016 Obama runs for another term because the 22nd Amendment was repealed, but instead of winning he loses. would anyone on the democrat side really want a republican in the white house for 4-5 possible terms?

I would not want that either.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,148,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course there is nothing wrong with asking an honest legitimate question. Asking if Obama could somehow change the law, issue an executive order or run for life.... are not legitimate questions.....
I think you're being a little harsh on the OP. I admit to asking if him/her was embarrassed to ask the question as it was posed without knowledge of our Constitutional Amendments, but I see nothing wrong or conspiratorial in asking if Obama could somehow try and make an end-run around our Constitution. Obama is the most arrogant and disrespectful of our Constitution when it comes to running this country of any President EVER!

Now I will specifically refer you to an event which may be rolled into a new stimulus package in the near future which includes a waiver for sanctions against UNESCO. This is BAD news and a violation of Federal Law.

Is Obama Plotting to Waive Sanctions on the Palestinian Authority and UNESCO?

Obama is a puppet of the NWO. Look at the big picture.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM

9,881 posts, read 9,478,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I think you're being a little harsh on the OP. I admit to asking if him/her was embarrassed to ask the question as it was posed without knowledge of our Constitutional Amendments, but I see nothing wrong or conspiratorial in asking if Obama could somehow try and make an end-run around our Constitution. Obama is the most arrogant and disrespectful of our Constitution when it comes to running this country of any President EVER!

Now I will specifically refer you to an event which may be rolled into a new stimulus package in the near future which includes a waiver for sanctions against UNESCO. This is BAD news and a violation of Federal Law.

Is Obama Plotting to Waive Sanctions on the Palestinian Authority and UNESCO?

Obama is a puppet of the NWO. Look at the big picture.
Exactly! And by the way I am fine with asking questions. I dont have an ego or reputation to uphold, so I am honest and put forth an honest (in my opionion) question. Thank you for understanding, and you hit the nail on the head, because Obama is the most arrogant and disrespectful of our Constitution, I would dare to guess that he might try something even if he didn't get away with it, but would have the gall to think he could possibly do it.

In the meantime, reality is - he is in the White House right now unless he gets impeached which COULD be a reality sooner than repealing any amendments, but in any event, 4 more years (puke); we have many things that are pretty hard to deal with RIGHT NOW.

For example, now some people who have closed their eyes and ears and voted for him are now finding out their check is smaller, and these are middle class, they did not think obama would get them too with raising taxes.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,869,908 times
Quote:
I FREAKED OUT when I saw that on the news yesterday.. I thought AHA I was right in the possibility of some dumbo wanting it.

I do think with Obama and his attitudes that lean toward dictatorship if he could, and the "its my way or the highway" attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself tried to get away with repealing the 22nd amendment himself.. He probably would be stopped, but I would not be surprised if he tried to do it with some Executive Order, even just for fun just to feed his huge ego just to see what he could try to get away with.

Therefore, to anyone who referred to me as a conspiracy nut, you may apologize to me, I will forgive you.
Under normal circumstances there is no way this could be done.
I believe it requires a 2/3 majority vote by congress to repeal an amendment.

Only scenario I could imagine is martial law or something else as drastic to justify an unprecedented expansion of presidential powers.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,033,103 times
Quote:
Can he win a third term?

Wasn't there a president who had 4 terms (Roosevelt?)

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?

No. Study your Constitution, and stop the madness.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,412,221 times
Quote:
I am questioning if it is possible.
And you've been told several times that it isn't, yet you continue to raise the question.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 AM

9,881 posts, read 9,478,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
And you've been told several times that it isn't, yet you continue to raise the question.
And some people here are still dissing me for my OP question!

The Executive Order thing used in the wrong hands, could make someone a tyrant.

for example, just recently, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't obama decide by Executive Order to want to raise Congress salaries (this happened at the beginning of the new year this year).

And now he wants to use that executive order to deal with guns laws?

so thats two already..

Michelle Malkin was on tv today talking about a lot of obama using Executive Orders for a lot of things, but i'd have to research that to see exactly what she means.

By the way, I am still going to continue asking questions, voiciing my opinion, etc. and I appreciate those who wish to answer them whether or not anyone judges them in any way with colorful adjectives of which I will not repeat .... If you do not like my questions, you may choose to ignore me, but I am not going to stop.. I will never choose to be rude though. Thank you!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,412,221 times
Quote:
And some people here are still dissing me for my OP question!
... because it's already been answered multiple times, and always in the negative, but you continue to cling to your fantasy that Obama could somehow override the Constitution, the will of Congress, and the legislatures of 38 states and seek a third term.

Last edited by pch1013; 01-10-2013 at 12:43 PM..

Old 01-10-2013, 12:30 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,793,797 times
Unless for some reason there is an overturn in the legislative ruling that a president can only have two terms, then no he cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections