Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think Bill Clinton's Wife may be too old to run by then she is no Reagan and does not look like someone who could run a show through 2020
Seeing as she both teared up and lost her temper in the Benghazi hearings, she doesn't come across as all that Presidential.

Plus, she's pear shaped and wears Mr. Magoo glasses.

Besides, how is the Obama electorate going back to an aging white candidate after the One?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
It will be Hillary in 2016. UGH. I just hope the Republicans can find someone decent to run against her.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Biden Claus.... has a nice ring to it,
Im sure the parasites who voted for Obama Claus will vote for Biden Claus if obamama tells them too.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So Lincoln who ended slavery, or Teddy Roosevelt who created our national parks system, or Eisenhower who warned of the dangers of the ''military/industrial complex'', all weren't Republican ''lib-ruls''?

Actually your attitude is a perfect example of what's gone wrong with the GOP these days... which has become literally obsessed with ideology, ''labels'', and party purity... rather than being a party of ideas, leadership, vision and even just common sense!
We are talking now, the country is a different place now and one issue doesn't make a person liberal, moderate or conservative. Creating the park system could hardly be called a liberal. Do you think, we Republicans think everything dealing with the federal government is liberal if it is part of the tax system. If you do, you are not very intuned to how many of us feel. As for Eisenhower, again, he certainly was not a liberal, but no, he wasn't an over the top conservative. I don't think I am nearly as obsessed with labels or with anything as many on the left are. I am really very moderate when it comes to most issues..I see both sides, I have never seen any indication you see anyway but your own...My opinion only, we all have them.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are talking now, the country is a different place now and one issue doesn't make a person liberal, moderate or conservative. Creating the park system could hardly be called a liberal. Do you think, we Republicans think everything dealing with the federal government is liberal if it is part of the tax system. If you do, you are not very intuned to how many of us feel. As for Eisenhower, again, he certainly was not a liberal, but no, he wasn't an over the top conservative. I don't think I am nearly as obsessed with labels or with anything as many on the left are. I am really very moderate when it comes to most issues..I see both sides, I have never seen any indication you see anyway but your own...My opinion only, we all have them.
Oh puleeze... assuming you can even find a non-doctrinaire conservative here, you can't hardly have a discussion before they start 'equivocating' whether they're a ''constitutional conservative'', a ''serious'' conservative, a ''social conservative'', or a ''fiscal'', ''libertarian'', ''Free Market'', or ''states rights'' one... let alone whether they're even a Republican!!! And all your semantic tap-dancing is exactly the same kinda ideological nonsense.

Or maybe you never heard of "Rockefeller Republicans" either... probably not so surprising ever since the FOX addicts and RWNJ's have purged even most of the moderates (aka, sane ones)!
Rockefeller Republican (often termed "moderate Republican") refers to a faction of the United States Republican Party who hold moderate to liberal views on some issues similar to those of Nelson Rockefeller.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Oh puleeze... assuming you can even find a non-doctrinaire conservative here, you can't hardly have a discussion before they start 'equivocating' whether they're a ''constitutional conservative'', a ''serious'' conservative, a ''social conservative'', or a ''fiscal'', ''libertarian'', ''Free Market'', or ''states rights'' one... let alone whether they're even a Republican!!! And all your semantic tap-dancing is exactly the same kinda ideological nonsense.

Or maybe you never heard of "Rockefeller Republicans" either... probably not so surprising ever since the FOX addicts and RWNJ's have purged even most of the moderates (aka, sane ones)!
Rockefeller Republican (often termed "moderate Republican") refers to a faction of the United States Republican Party who hold moderate to liberal views on some issues similar to those of Nelson Rockefeller.
I realize I am wasting my time even replying to you, but I will just this time: I was a Rockerfeller Republican for years...and where do you get the idea I am a FOX addict??

Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
I realize I am wasting my time even replying to you, but I will just this time: I was a Rockerfeller Republican for years...and where do you get the idea I am a FOX addict??
Could have fooled me considering you were going on and on about how you thought they were losers. With that said I don't know that there are many Rockefeller Republicans left in the Republican party. I would suspect that most are now Democrats.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Probably not - but Biden was very important to Obama in 2012. He forced Obama's hand on marriage equality, connected with blue collar whites in the Midwest for Obama, and jumpstarted Obama's comeback in the VP debates.

Just one example of Joe Biden awesomeness:

Vice President Biden Discusses Grief at TAPS - YouTube

Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...x-totally.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...kabee-say.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...w-hannity.html

etc., etc., etc.....

Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Could have fooled me considering you were going on and on about how you thought they were losers. With that said I don't know that there are many Rockefeller Republicans left in the Republican party. I would suspect that most are now Democrats.
could you give me one place where I even indicated I thought they were losers. I don't happen to think mnay people are losers, certainly I don't think people who do not share my views are losers, unless they are so set in thier ways they can't even open thier eyes or ears. I probably was a little more middle of the road on some issues, especially fiscally many years ago than now: on social issues I am visa versa, more moderate now.. There were many Rockerfeller Rebulicans 30 or 40 years ago, most are either no longer liveing or are seeing politics in a dffferent light. Rockerfeller would roll over if he say the nations dept today or witnessed the entitlement generation, especially saw how many are living on or depending on goverment handouts. I guess you would have had to be alive and adult then to understand how different things are..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections