Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,205,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
You & the media call them gaffes, I call it Joe just keeping it real. I love Joe Biden, always have, I love his ability to be able to relate to the common folks & him being so down to earth. While I respect Hillary truth is I'm just not comfortable having a woman president, I know my kind (I'm gonna leave it at that), so I'd vote for Biden since I'm clearly in the tank for him.
I love Joe, too! Always have.

I do disagree with you about Hillary and being a woman and all that, but I would have absolutely no reservations voting for Biden for POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,697,930 times
Joe is a the real meal deal. I would vote for him, so long as his he stays healthy. He will be an old fart, but whenever I see the guy he seems dynamic as hell, and he is one of the last surviving pro-working class Irish Catholic Democrats. Fighting the good fight the old fashioned way, by kicking ass (I am still grinning about the ass whooping he served Palin AND Ryan in the debates).

I suspect that age will be an issue for many voters though.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,403,180 times
'While I like Joe a lot as well, that's a very good point, and only presenting geezer candidates could be the Dem's major weakness. Or as Biden himself has put it,

"Despite my having taken a vow of silence on '16 -- it is way way way way way too earlier for this stuff -- here's a general take... Candidates like to define elections as the past versus the future, and they are the future. But I always thought Ronald Reagan's age was a HELP, because it linked him to a BETTER past -- no one was happy about the present in 1980 -- and Reagan's buoyancy and optimism also made him a 'future' guy." … The question for '16 could be: if folks are happy with how things are, Clinton or Biden may have a good 'experience' argument. If folks are unhappy, their age(s) underscore the 'past' problem."

And we all know damn well the GOP ain't gonna be playing to the ''happy'' part...

http://abcnews- age-factor-bevy-older-democrats-2016

Old 02-18-2013, 04:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,205,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Joe is a the real meal deal. I would vote for him, so long as his he stays healthy. He will be an old fart, but whenever I see the guy he seems dynamic as hell, and he is one of the last surviving pro-working class Irish Catholic Democrats. Fighting the good fight the old fashioned way, by kicking ass (I am still grinning about the ass whooping he served Palin AND Ryan in the debates).

I wonder, too, if his past health issue could come up (brain aneurism). He may be perfectly healthy now but I could see Rove using it to try to swift boat him.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

yes, his age will certainly be a serious issue. Up to 70 with the life expectancy of today shouldn't be a big issue, but mid 70s, that is a different story. I think there are other problems with his winning the nomination and getting elected as well, but age is the number one concern a lot of people would have.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,697,930 times
I'll agree that he is a geezer and probably not the best choice, but you know what? He has been a hell of a VP, especially after Mister Mephistopholes Cheney.

Joe's saved Mr. O's bacon several times, and he still comes across as a guy who is loyal, does not try to upstage the President, but has carved out his own niche as an amiable, whip smart and good hearted man of the people. Not a bad way to end a career if this is his last hurrah.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 AM

10,263 posts, read 12,453,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Regardless of the mockery towards Ryan, Joe drove his points home & while you think he was "acting" like a a** your boy Ryan was looking like one, clearly he was no contender for Joe, totally out of his league.

Biden gives a model of nonverbal communication in this debate

Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 PM

910 posts, read 1,313,825 times
No, it's BIEBER 2016!!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
No, it's BIEBER 2016!!!!
I think he would be a great person to sit down and discuss things with, probably even have over for dinner, but as President, I just can't undestand anyone thinking Biden would get the nomination and go on to win..I guess, in a few years we will have a better idea. right now, I don't see it.

Nita

Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
His time has come and gone. It's been proven that only an idiot would vote for an idiot.
This is 2013, why are you talking about 2004?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections