Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
There is no need for any type of bill. All he would need to do is declare an emergency and he could stay in office. I forget the executive order and I am too lazy to research it. I do know it was created by Dubya right before he left office.
I'm pretty sure the executive order was around long before G.W. Bush was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Hi everyone! Every so often, we get someone in office who thinks they are so high and mighty that they think they can move mountains. Like obama with his executive orders. (like the one now where the House agreed to increase the debt ceiling BUT the Senate HAS to pass the budget, so far the Senate has not passed the budget, and Obama says with his executive order we have to pass his budget developed in a half hour).

Based on the many things that Obama has snuck in like the raises for Congress (which i beleive they did not appove but obama still tried to pull this fast one on us) and for his constant dodging of questions (like Benghazi), I do not trust him. ONE BIT. Based on his actions, not just a random thought floating around in space.

So we shall see. yes I know there are amendments to the constitution that keep him from doing it - so far - however, with his track record, i am not too sure about what he will do next.

No I am not naive as one poster above said, but I do not trust this person based on just watching and listening. Oh yes, those of you who just watch NBC news which is really the extension of the Democrats, if you watch intelligent news like Fox News Network you might get a fair and balanced news program.

Do any of you watch Fox news or just the mainstream media which do not report the news that is important. they do like to promote the love fest that you all have for obama.

If worse comes to worst, in 4 years I will write another aha i told you so blurb here but i hope i wont have to. and i hope you all are right. I guess Im more of a person who is sending you a warning of what this despicable obama is capable of TRYING.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Please tell me you're aware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I am providing a link - some of you laughed when i brought this topic up before - but looky here -

Democrat plan lets Obama run for 3rd term

... that all kinds of nutso bills are introduced into committees every year and die an early death there.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
I am providing a link - some of you laughed when i brought this topic up before - but looky here -

This is not something that hasn't be tried or though of in the past. Heck, there was a group in the 80s that attempted the same thing while Reagan was still in office. Introducing a bill, isn't the same as geting it thought. I don't think many laughed at you, we were simply saying, it isn't going to happen. An amendment generally takes years to get approved by 2/3rds of the states.

Nita

Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

let me know if anyone ever repeals the 22nd Amendment, until then it wont happen.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
There is no need for any type of bill. All he would need to do is declare an emergency and he could stay in office. I forget the executive order and I am too lazy to research it. I do know it was created by Dubya right before he left office.
OH REALLY??? hmmm! The doubters and low-information voters and obama lovers are not going to believe you. though I do agree with you, AND you have been one of the only ones here who have perceived the thinking behind what I am wary of with Obama. Thank you!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
OH REALLY??? hmmm! The doubters and low-information voters and obama lovers are not going to believe you. though I do agree with you, AND you have been one of the only ones here who have perceived the thinking behind what I am wary of with Obama. Thank you!
Again: I'll bet you $10,000 that Obama will leave office no later than January 20, 2017.

Care to put your money where your (ever so paranoid and misinformed, talk about "low-information") mouth is?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Again: I'll bet you $10,000 that Obama will leave office no later than January 20, 2017.

Care to put your money where your (ever so paranoid and misinformed, talk about "low-information") mouth is?
haha! thats nice.. but I dont have $10,000 to make any kind of bet with anyone.

I hope you are right.. Why would i want to bet against something I want?! This is the bet I would want to lose

But I dont have the money so i guess you will have to think what you want.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
If you want Obama's 2nd term to be his last, and everyone here has said it will be, why do you worry about it? That seems to be a huge waste of paranoid energy to me.

Really, MeO. It's time to take off the tinfoil hat.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If you want Obama's 2nd term to be his last, and everyone here has said it will be, why do you worry about it? That seems to be a huge waste of paranoid energy to me.

Really, MeO. It's time to take off the tinfoil hat.
Sorry, in this weather I am wearing my knitted hat.

The reason i keep on putting this info out to you is that I hear a news report and so i share it with you. Thats all. I do not want it to happen, and I also want to share the threat that obama seems to be creating all the time - not only with this but with other stuff.

Like - even NBC who is in the pocket of Obama and kisses his butt by not reporting things unfavorbably about obama - they even came up with an important news article - about the unmanned drones that obama AGAIN decides that HE (The White House) will determine who these unmanned drones will kill - apparently the people they want killed are terrorists, but they are american citizens. obama believes he has the right to be judge jury and executioner. Now, if they are terrorists, then fine, but,, this could lead to other stuff, i.e. the rules about who to kill with the drone are kind of wishy washy, what if he extends that to innocent people who also get killed who happen to be in the way of the drone, or what if he is wrong and targets the wrong person, but mostly, it is against the American law to kill a person without a trial, and other things. So again, this is another thing obama is acting like a tyrant king and deciding what he decides to do, rather than go thru Congress which he is supposed to. (there are 3 branches of government that are supposed to generally work together, but he is acting like "he" is the sole boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections