Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
It's not so much the race thing believe it or not as it is Rubio doesn't have the money people behind him, and definitely killed any possibility of it happening after Tuesday. Nobody in their right mind really wanted Romney, but he got all the money sewn up before anyone else could get their hands on them. If Perry had done his legwork between 2009-11 it might've been a different race, blithering idiot or not.
You have the Perry part right, I don't know what happened but it certainly went the wrong way. Rubio may not have the money behind him and yes, that could really be a deal breaker, but I sill think it is a wait and see game. We will surely have a better idea after the 2014 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
I'm just wondering if the Democrats will have "new blood" by 2016 (like Obama in 2008).

After all, Biden will be 74 in 2016 and Hillary will be 69. With Hillary's medical problems (blood clots), she is not supposed to fly in airplanes for long periods of time. I worry about her health.

I do admire both of them, but I'm just wondering if the Democrats need to go younger, just as the Republicans need to do.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Biden is an idiot and Hillary, even though far more competent than Biden looks like she has aged 20 years since Obama has been elected, maybe she has underlying health issues that haven't been made public.

The Democrats will probably choose niether of these 2 and we will probably see someone else nominated.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
He'll never get the nomination, he's not of the same race that makes up the Grand "OLD" Party. The Tea Party quacks would never accept him, they want a White Christian male as their nominee, a White republican woman wouldn't stand a chance either. Hispanic people are not stupid, they know Rubio will follow the agenda of the republicans since that's what he is & their policies would most likely hurt them. This illusion that Hispanics will support him simply because he's Hispanic is lunacy, they'd no more support him than Black people would support Herman Cain.
Two problems with Rubio, on the run up to the primaries he will shift to the middle as he has with immigration. In order to win the nomination and survive the primary he much go hard right, this would kill him in the general as it did Romney.
The second problem, he is Cuban, don't ask me why but generally speaking Cubans are not that popular in the Hispanic community.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
I'm just wondering if the Democrats will have "new blood" by 2016 (like Obama in 2008).

After all, Biden will be 74 in 2016 and Hillary will be 69. With Hillary's medical problems (blood clots), she is not supposed to fly in airplanes for long periods of time. I worry about her health.

I do admire both of them, but I'm just wondering if the Democrats need to go younger, just as the Republicans need to do.
That is a question the Democrats don't seem to be able to answer. They are more worried about keeping the new faces of the GOP under cover or attacking them at every turn..I am looking forward to new candidates on both sides. The Democrats talk about the Republicans running the same old, well it appears this time it might be the other way around.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 PM

677 posts, read 933,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
it is amazing when people come on here and just make blanket statements based on nothing..(I base it on the sentiment of the majority) If you are so sure of this, how about explaining why and where you are getting your information? (From the re-election of Pres Obama & the nutjob rightwingers you most likely support) It seems to me, 2008 the party was gone, what happened in 2010?(We'll correct that error in 2014) How come the party has 31 governors out of 50 states? Can you explain that? (Another bad judgment on behalf of the American people, now buyers remorse has set in & they'll make a correction in the next election).

According to you I should be a political analyst or a fortune teller, well guess what, no I don't have to be neither do the voters who make their decisions, all we have to be is observers & from where I sit it'll be a slam dunk, just as I predicted Obamas' re-election now how's that for prophesizing?

While you are explaining that, how about checking to see if the Teapart was behind him when he was elected to the senate or who they supported for Governor in NM?
The inbred misfits of the Tea party are a dying breed as well & will be "Gone with the Wind". As far as who they supported for any political position......."Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!"

Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
The inbred misfits of the Tea party are a dying breed as well & will be "Gone with the Wind". As far as who they supported for any political position......."Frankly my dear I don't give a damn!"
My aren't you clever, "Gone with the Wind" seems to be your theme... I am sure you do not really care, but if you don't I have to wonder why you are bothing reading or responding on this subject..You must have interest. That being said, I do imagine you could care less who supports whom on the right side, you are not likely to vote right of center anyway.

You know maybe Hollywood could make a sequel to "Gone with the Wind" and connect it with The read Republican party and ask Clark Gable to come back to life and star it. He really never started in a fantasyc production.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
The waterboy could barely beat Palin. Since he will lose his Senate seat he will be free to spend all his time on that effort.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The waterboy could barely beat Palin. Since he will lose his Senate seat he will be free to spend all his time on that effort.
He will be running for Pres at the same time as his seat is up, so I don't see how you can say he will lose his seat and can spend time on running for Pres. I don't know about Florida, but some states do not allow a candidate to run for both. Do you have any idea the law in florida?

Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
My personal hope is that Florida comes to our senses and doesn't re elect the water boy.

I am confident the Gov will fall in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections