Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM

1,984 posts, read 3,890,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Considering how braindead the current president is, any jokes about future president's IQ's fall flat. Even Fred Thompson looks bright standing next to W.
Ahhhhh lighten up! It's a joke!
BUT since you brought it up, it's amazing that you like to knock W. as being so stupid when good old Kerry went to the same university, had some of the same teachers and got WORSE marks than Bush! It isn't that he's stupid, he's a terrible speach maker. Kerry on the other hand, much like both Clintons is a polished speaker. In other words, no matter how much they spread the BS, it sounds great! and liberals just love being taken by them all! THERE's the REAL joke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Considering how braindead the current president is, any jokes about future president's IQ's fall flat. Even Fred Thompson looks bright standing next to W.
Sorry but topic of the forum is Hillary.. please stay on topic.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Pghquest:

I am surprised that nobody has commented on your pic's!
A picture is worth 1,000 words..

Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
BUT since you brought it up, it's amazing that you like to knock W. as being so stupid when good old Kerry went to the same university, had some of the same teachers and got WORSE marks than Bush! It isn't that he's stupid, he's a terrible speach maker. Kerry on the other hand, much like both Clintons is a polished speaker. In other words, no matter how much they spread the BS, it sounds great! and liberals just love being taken by them all! THERE's the REAL joke!
Bravo!

Old 10-26-2007, 02:33 PM

791 posts, read 2,228,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLiberal View Post
Really. All you Hillary supporters please tell me why you would vote for her. Please be specific! What exactly are her qualifications? Was it because she was married to a president?
Because she 'stood by her man'. And with a smile on her face at that. There's nothing 'merikans like more than family values.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 PM

2,776 posts, read 4,009,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
BUT since you brought it up, it's amazing that you like to knock W. as being so stupid when good old Kerry went to the same university, had some of the same teachers and got WORSE marks than Bush! It isn't that he's stupid, he's a terrible speach maker.
A big correction - Bush doesn't make speeches - he doesn't make anything. All he literally has to do is read words as they appear in the teleprompter - words which are even custom-tailored to be written phonetically since he is such a lousy reader. People knock George because of the obvious. Even the junior employees of the company I work for... heck even the high school kids I debated over 15 years ago could present better than him - and without a script (much less an ivy league or prep. school education )!

Most people see the ability to present and debate well as a form of demonstrable intelligence (perhaps you do not, each to their own I say). Even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he needed practice to get better... one would think that by his 7th year in office (and 30th+ year in politics) that he could read and articulate better than he does today. He just has to stand there and read aloud... I sit and read to my kids every night... LOL, it's not hard to become good at it! (and I throw in sound effects and character-specific accents too!)

That was a major digression though - back to the OP's question - I have yet to see anyone else write a list of reasons why Hillary is so well supported right now. Inarguably she certainly articulates her thoughts better than Bush and several of her running mates (dem or rep) - you need to give that one to her for sure. While others have all stumbled repeatedly with foot-in-the-mouth syndrome, she seems to be much less afflicted with that problem.

Now if someone wants to talk about her accomplishments vs her running mates (dem or rep), then that is definitely worth doing. I don't think any of the presidential candidates have a long list today (I suspect just 1 or 2 bullets at most)... but going back to Clinton and George W, can you state that either of them had long lists themselves (not much comes to my mind)?

I have this feeling that pre-president most of the candidates don't talk too much about a long list of accomplishments because quite frankly, there's very little that as a Senator or Governor or even NY city mayor, that one can claim to have been "all their doing" and which is also groundbreaking and tremendously impactful... instead I think it is fairly obvious that other than voting record on the major issues most important to you, and the respect garnered from having been in Congress or in some sort of political theatre without major scandel to ruin your name there isn't much else to go on except gut feeling - as a citizen you must question yourself... how do you feel about the current candidates?

Personally when I hear Bush talk I believe I'm listening to someone who is so accustomed to presenting himself as a common-joe that he finds it hard to get out of that mode when he needs to articulate well. Also so accustomed to being surrounded by people who tell him what to say or do regarding particular issues that he doesn't know or remember why he should be stating something. Lastly someone so hard hit reputation-wise by the Iraq war that he's just as anxious to leave the White House as most Democrats are to see him leave.

When I hear Hillary talk, I hear someone who has a tremendous grasp of why she should or should not say certain things - and the mental acuity to prevent herself from speaking out of step in public. I also believe that she is running for office not just to gain power or ego, but because she really thinks she can do a better job than any of the other candidates running. Seriously folks... she has all the money she could ever need (more than we'll ever see published via inheritance and no doubt at least one numbered foreign account set up via her husband and the previous political activities they've been involved in the last 30 years), she has all the political influence she could ever want, her daughter is set for life with or without politics, and she is reaching the final decades of her life... those of you who think there's some sort of major power or ego-grabbing thing going on I question if you're just wasting your mental energy or being unjustifiably paranoid.

I don't like that she seems to be in the pocket of multinational corporate interests, nor do I like that she is so darned scripted and careful about what she says... I also don't agree with her stances regarding immigration, h1-b's/outsourcing, and I question her husband's record regarding China and wonder if we've seen preview of similar activities with India which might hurt the US middle class. But that wasn't the point of this thread... I was trying to point out positives.

Lastly, regarding those photos posted earlier in the thread. Your point is well taken. But... regarding Waco... that had nothing to do with Clinton nor with terrorists... the same for the OK City bombing... those two events were via home grown nut cases in the US. Regarding the Aspirin Factory incident... LOL it's funny but I don't even recollect that event... but upon reading about it, it wasn't an act of terrorism against the US... it was a proactive single incident in which the US attacked a suspected terrorist factory... hardly a great disturbance of peace and major loss of life that the Iraq War has presented the US with (the owner of the factory was reimbursed years later for the damage caused - which to me assumes that the US govt took responsibility for a mistake - major oops sending a cruise missile through your window - sorry about that - LOL). Regarding the first WTC attack... well we didn't know that was a preview of things to come BUT... under Clinton's leadership the participants and mastermind were caught and convicted... yeap - and indeed in the grand scheme of things the event didn't take a lot of lives did it? So what are you left with... Kosovo (which was a screwed up NATO situation) and Sudan and the USS Cole... three terrible situations, but ones which hardly compare to actual wars such as the 1st and 2nd Iraq wars the Bush's initiated (Ok I admit that is subjective - but it's not like during Clinton's presidency we were losing thousands of American lives (or even hundreds) to declared questionably motivated wars without clear outcome goals - that was my initial point).

Last edited by belovenow; 10-26-2007 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM

31 posts, read 79,481 times
Did HILLARY Break the Law? See for your self!

Today On This Week, She admitted getting and reading classified documents.
While in the White House as Bill’s Wife

Truth is;
She did not attend any daily briefings, had no security clearance.
If as she states on “This week” she was briefed or read classified information while Bill’s wife, without a security clearance, she broke the law
http://www.abcnews.go.com/thisweek
Is this why they wont release her white house records…. Statute of limitations hasn’t run out?

Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,923,370 times
Its the name game, People think the name will make the person. The same thing with George Bush, People vote for the past and think it will be ok but it never is. Hillary has the name Clinton. Did she do anything for NY? Should she be running for the presidency due to her name? Look at Bush, dad had the same war but its not dad at the wheel this time. Just as it won't be Bill.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-30-2007 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: you're right, but I took care of it

Old 12-30-2007, 02:20 PM

384 posts, read 289,136 times
Bill did a great job for 8 years and Im pretty sure Hillery picked up a lot of experience in the WH just listening to heads of state.
Besides she a female, its time to see what a women can do in the WH,I mean come on who the hell can be worst the G.Bush.
The guys in D.C. have screwed up this country long enough,time to see what a women can do.

Last edited by daveyjones; 12-30-2007 at 02:55 PM..

Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,923,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones View Post
Bill did a great job for 8 years and Im pretty sure Hillery picked up a lot of experience in the WH just listening to heads of state.
Besides she a female, its time to see what a women can do in the WH,I mean come on who tyhe hell can be worst the G.Bush.
I think a women would be a great president. Just not this one! Let's put Rice in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections