Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The constitution, strictly speaking, only says that a person can only be ELECTED to office for two terms. It does not say anything about ascending to the position for a third term.
you are right, but I still think it would be challenged plus, if I remember my government right and I could be wrong, isn't there something about both candidates being from the same state, not to mention, if the fairy tale did take place, we would have Obama for another 8 years unless we had Michelle for 4 and she was re-elected because he could not run again.. Of course this is all just make believe and I really don't think many people regardless of which side they are on would want Obama or anyone else as Pres for 16 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Michelle Obama 2016?

Seriously?

I think she's a capable and classy woman, but I can't see her as president.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Seriously?

I think she's a capable and classy woman, but I can't see her as president.
I don't see the classy part, I know a lot of people do, but for the life of me, I don't see it. As I have said, she has done some good things, appears to be a great mother and a decent 1st lady, but I think she lacks class...Oh well, just my opinion and others will disagree I am sure.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
I would love it if she ran in 2016, if for no other reason than to see conservative Republican's heads explode. I think she would have a good chance to win. The problem is that she seems to have no real desire to run for political office. We could have 8 more years of Obama Presidency...maybe, if we could get rid of the Republican protect the rich congress she could do some real good things.

At this point, Warren is the front runner.

Might as well. Her husband has destroyed the nation, such that there will probably just be small, isolated tribal factions over which the president then will have any authority.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Might as well. Her husband has destroyed the nation, such that there will probably just be small, isolated tribal factions over which the president then will have any authority.

There's that optimistic right wing outlook on the future.

Isn't Mel a republican?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
I would love it if she ran in 2016, if for no other reason than to see conservative Republican's heads explode. I think she would have a good chance to win. The problem is that she seems to have no real desire to run for political office. We could have 8 more years of Obama Presidency...maybe, if we could get rid of the Republican protect the rich congress she could do some real good things.

Thanks for the laugh

Old 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Does Michelle have any experience?

At least Hillary was Senator from New York and Secretary of State. Michelle would probably win though just because she is an Obama and the celebrity that comes with that.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
You guys do know that this was a thread created in jest to solicit the expected responses, right?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:

It would probably be the U.S. exploding, not republican heads.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
For all we know, given the great invisible powers behind the throne, this could Michelle's 5th year as President-ress! I've always pegged Obama as a pushover, and how much of the pushovering will we ever know about!!!

Nancy Reagan, another President-ress, and Hillary, well! At least they were blatant about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections