Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:26 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I would say Hillary is qualified but not Michelle Obama.

If Hillary runs she will be our next President. People for the most part are still satisfied with Obama even though his popularity has taken a hit recently, especially the under 30 crowd. I imagine in 2016 America will be ready to be through with Obama but not ready to elect a Republican. A Democrat WILL win in 2016.
I am not sure you are right about this one. Sometimes I think she might be unbeatable, then I look at her age, her looks (not aging well) and the scandals, not to mention her melt downs in 2008 and I am not sure she would even get the nomination. She was a shoe in in 2007; look what happened? I think the American people are ready for an all new slate, regardless of what side they are on. I know you keep stressing the under 30 crowd, but remember, unless the candidate is exciting they do not always bother to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 07:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,577,999 times
They'll win, a majority of the populace is dependent upon some form of welfare.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,547,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not sure you are right about this one. Sometimes I think she might be unbeatable, then I look at her age, her looks (not aging well) and the scandals, not to mention her melt downs in 2008 and I am not sure she would even get the nomination. She was a shoe in in 2007; look what happened? I think the American people are ready for an all new slate, regardless of what side they are on. I know you keep stressing the under 30 crowd, but remember, unless the candidate is exciting they do not always bother to vote.
damn... and now I'm agreeing with you. I'm not a Hillary fan AT ALL...

she was a lock in 2008 but as soon as she had to do a little work and answer a few tough questions she cracked under the pressure.

Her team was unprepared for a long primary and didn't even know the rules in certain states.

I think the country is tired of the Clinton's and the Bush's... however, the GOP needs to get it together and find some new energy because right now I think whoever makes it out of the Dem primary will walk to the White House.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,028,018 times
I just puked in my mouth at the thought of such an atrocity.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 AM

29,921 posts, read 18,480,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, one thing about it, that would make my choice VERY easy: ANY other ticket!
Libertarian, Constitution, Anarchist, whatever, ANYBODY but those two!
However, Condoleeza Rice/Hillary might have potential.

Hey, great!

We would have the best of both worlds- corruption and incompetence. It sounds like a repeat of Obama's two terms.

By the end of his second term, the damage that Obama has inflicted on the US may be irreparable, therefore who runs in 2016 may be a moot issue.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,455,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
By the end of his second term, the damage that Obama has inflicted on the US may be irreparable, therefore who runs in 2016 may be a moot issue.
Many people have said, and continue to say, that about the national disaster we were left with by George W. Bush. But slowly and surely the nation is regaining strength under the leadership of President Obama. But further damage may come at the hands of the American Taliban, those of the 'we hate America' group which have been elected to the Congress. If Hillary Clinton wants the office of President ... the nation will gladly/willingly elect her. There's really no doubt about that in my mind. Mrs. Obama has done a good job thus far as First Lady. An attractive, competent woman, a good mother, and an African-American ... a combination I know sends shivers up the spine of the Crackers. She doesn't have the political ambition her husband has, though. And it's back to Chicago for her and the family ... after this term.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,348,252 times
w/chicago jesus still having 3+ years left, theres not much more damage he could do to this country.
heck, hillary and her pet wookie couldnt do much more damage, other that selling the national parks to china.

"W" left us in 100 times better shape than buh'wacky the window licker in chief will.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Shouldn't it be Clinton/Obama...what's with first names?
To not get confused with the husbands.

Hillary Clinton is incompetent and a liar. She had her shot at managing the State Department and didn't cut the mustard. Why promote her?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 PM

132 posts, read 181,222 times
Wow, what a pair. Not just one, but two unqualified egomaniacs without any record of accomplishment, but both with a great sense of entitlement.
I just goes to show the stupidity and shallowness of the typical low information voter that they think the excrable Hillary has really ever accomplished anything in her so-called career, other than bite her tongue ( in public), and ride the coattails of her satyr-like husband.
But many people believe that it's "her time", and she is so accomplished! What idiotic nonsense!
As for Michelle Obama, she has less to trumpet, actual achievement-wise, than even her self-important, preeening empty suit of a husband.
But, of course, the lapdog media would fawn all over these two . No wonder this country is in decline.
Then again, if they win, at least the VP won't be as dumb ( I think) as clueless Joe Biden. More dangerous, perhaps.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:54 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,148,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I would say Hillary is qualified but not Michelle Obama.

If Hillary runs she will be our next President. People for the most part are still satisfied with Obama even though his popularity has taken a hit recently, especially the under 30 crowd. I imagine in 2016 America will be ready to be through with Obama but not ready to elect a Republican. A Democrat WILL win in 2016.

Hillary is not qualified. Her first and only executive experience got a US ambassador killed. Being married to Bill does not qualify one for the job of president. I don't think Bill Gates wife could run Microsoft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections