Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That would be one way to keep illegals out of the country. His comments though, probably over the top wasn't want ruined him, the media attack on his private life did him in...or maybe you want to forget that part...
Actually his words were very over the top, to the point that some graduating students at Johns Hopkins University don't want him to speak at the schools' commencement exercise. As an alumnus of the school, I feel rather disappointed that Dr. Carson has ruined his reputation with his absurd and ridiculous public statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 06:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Actually his words were very over the top, to the point that some graduating students at Johns Hopkins University don't want him to speak at the schools' commencement exercise. As an alumnus of the school, I feel rather disappointed that Dr. Carson has ruined his reputation with his absurd and ridiculous public statements.
the word for those who do not want him to speak in case you haven't been following the story and I am guessing you haven't been to any extent is: liberal. BTW John Hopkins is a very liberal school and it is a liberal group that have said they do not want him to speak, not those who make the decisions.: think:

Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
the word for those who do not want him to speak in case you haven't been following the story and I am guessing you haven't been to any extent is: liberal. BTW John Hopkins is a very liberal school and it is a liberal group that have said they do not want him to speak, not those who make the decisions.: think:
Yes, yes, we know. It's always the liberals fault when a Conservative says or does something stupid. There is absolutely no personal accountability for Conservatives in your world.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 04-07-2013 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Carson would be taken more serious than that 9-9-9 guy. I don't agree with Carson politically, but I respect his accomplishments in the medical field. It would actually be great to see the Republicans run a viable candidate for a change. The last two were just not viable at all, which is why they both lost. Viable Black presidential candidates should be common in every election at this point.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The only people I see talking and using race is the dems
surveys say this is the #1 generic answer by the right when discussing race.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
That would be one way to keep illegals out of the country. His comments though, probably over the top wasn't want ruined him, the media attack on his private life did him in...or maybe you want to forget that part...

There is no private life when you run for public office...

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Carson would be taken more serious than that 9-9-9 guy. I don't agree with Carson politically, but I respect his accomplishments in the medical field. It would actually be great to see the Republicans run a viable candidate for a change. The last two were just not viable at all, which is why they both lost. Viable Black presidential candidates should be common in every election at this point.
I happen to agree with most of what he seems to stand for and I don't only give him credit for being a brilliant doctor, but for what he accomplished as a human being, and how he was able to prove, you can come from poverty or the inner city and be successful if you work hard and want success. That being said, you don't start out your political career running for President...

Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
It's not about being liberal or not, but about making illogical statements that are not supported by science. Really, comparing homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality? As a medical physician, Dr. Carson would/should know better. It seems that he's the one who seems to be trying to play to a political constituency, not the school. Which is why it is so disappointing to hear him say that. I have the utmost respect and admiration for his contributions to medical science and serving the community. However, expertise in one field doesn't preclude a person from saying stupid things in another.

JHU isn't necessarily a liberal school per se, we have plenty of people of all political persuasions. And if conservatism's tenets necessarily includes using homophobia for political purposes, then something is really wrong there.

Last edited by silverkris; 04-08-2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Im not a Cain fan but I have no problem with that suggestion.
Quote:
To voters like you who want a Holocaust of Mexicans, Cain seemed perfectly sane but to decent humans, brutally murdering children with an electric fence didn't sound so good.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Over the top could refer to Ahmadinejad who was invited to speak at Columbia in 2007
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Invited to Speak at Columbia University | Fox News

Over the top could refer to Bill Ayers teaching for years at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Either colleges want to present a variety of ideas, ideals, perspectives and philosophies to engage students and force them to think outside the box, or they don't.

They don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections