Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Never know. Obama has dictator like tendencies and isn't real fond of the constitution.
Mike Lee is a Senator from Utah and a Ron Paul follower,Paul Broun is a current congressman from Georgia and is running for Senate next year.

Napolitano is a well known name and knows the constitution like the back of his hand. If Obama can get elected hell my dog can get elected...there are already small campaigns to get both Napolitano and Ventura to run.
Though I doubt he would ever run and if he did, he wouldn't get very far, I agree with you. He isn't a Judge Judy by anymeans. I am guessing, anyone who thinks of him as no more than a TV judge doesn't know anything about him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM

157 posts, read 102,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You conservatives have got to bring yourselves back to reality, what are these tendencies that President Obama has, list them.

and really, your dog, i understand you dont like Democrats, but come on.

by that logic, president Obama should have never been reelected.

anyways

Cuomo has a real chance, he polls 3rd behind Biden and Hillary(im not counting Warren). He has actually been a centrist governor, he has even supported Republicans

up until the 13th of March, he has a positive rating among republicans in his state.

Deval Patrick is the one that will surprise people. I think Democrats will remember that DNC speech and give him a shot. Mike Beebe and Brain Schweitzer will both throw their hats in the ring.

If Hillary doesnt run, I honestly think it is a wide open field. A real primary with no true front runner.
Good choices I forgot about. Cuomo I think just destroyed his chances with his little anti 2nd amendment run. Obama was never governor and never signed a bill into law destroying the 2nd amendment as governor.Patrick is a real shot...have to wait and see I suppose. I figure if Clinton runs the nomination is hers hands down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
for Republicans

I am hoping Jon Huntsman runs.
Obama's lap dog! Mine as well just have a democrat in office if he wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think your list of R and Ds are pretty much right, but Ron Paul? Do you have any idea how old he will be in 2016? He is totally out of politics now and I hope he is enjoying retirement. He deserves it. Jesse Ventura, would be good for a laugh if nothing else.
I would hope he would run but I HIGHLY doubt it...miss him already. Jesse Ventura is awesome,the man doesn't pander to outside influences and that's exactly what we need in office for president. I hope he runs I really do.He would have my full support.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:42 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Never know. Obama has dictator like tendencies and isn't real fond of the constitution.
Please. After that statement you made, I am assuming you wouldn't know what a potato was even if it hit you in the penis.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Good choices I forgot about. Cuomo I think just destroyed his chances with his little anti 2nd amendment run. Obama was never governor and never signed a bill into law destroying the 2nd amendment as governor.Patrick is a real shot...have to wait and see I suppose. I figure if Clinton runs the nomination is hers hands down.

I would hope he would run but I HIGHLY doubt it...miss him already. Jesse Ventura is awesome,the man doesn't pander to outside influences and that's exactly what we need in office for president. I hope he runs I really do.He would have my full support.
Ron P is not going to run for anything and you really wouldn't want him to would you? He would be over 80 years old at the time of the election. As for Jesse, he is a total nut case..Does he have a few good ideas? probably, but that doesn't make him a candidate people will support...

As for missing Paul, he really didn't accomplish anything to speak of, how can you miss him?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM

How is Ventura a nut case? Paul accomplished a lot actually maybe not in passing laws we didn't need but he influenced the next generation of voters.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
dictator like tendency's of Obama i'll just point to this link

#StandWithRand Rand Paul Filibuster Highlights - YouTube
also i'm not a Conservative I am a Classical liberal.
So your definition of a dictator like tendency is something the Obama administration never said they would do, but rather something that Republicans wrote into the NDAA and Patriot act. that makes perfect sense.

Let me expand this before anyone tries to correct me. when Rand Paul ranted he touched on a couple of subjects; The NDAA clauses, the Patriot act, and both in the middle east and at home.

The Obama administration has already answered his concerns about drone strikes at home. The rest of what he asked for/talked about was written by his own party.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:

I just dont see it. Democrats now have the numbers on their side and it isnt even close. im not just talking about popular vote, im talking about electorally.

if you add up the states that have voted for a democrat for the last 6 elections,that is a 240 electoral college block.

Virginia, Nevada, North Carolina,Iowa and Colorado

the other swing states are Florida, and Ohio

A Democrat needs to only win a combination of 4 of those.

Andrew Cuomo also may not have the coal problem that Barack Obama had, giving him an even larger electoral college lead. Remember West Virginia has a Democratic governor 2 Democrat senators and a Democratic super majority in its legislature. it is a "blue" state.

Brain Schweiter in my opinion would win in a landslide. He is seen as pro gun rights, but he also appeals to liberals as he is for single payer healthcare. he is also Pro Public education while also being very fiscally responsible.

I dont see how republicans could run a successful campaign against a Democrat that has done all that in his own state while not creating any deficits AND creating a surplus.

This man could win 40+ states in my opinion.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
How is Ventura a nut case? Paul accomplished a lot actually maybe not in passing laws we didn't need but he influenced the next generation of voters.
Well I don't know if he really has influenced the next generation as much as a handful of you might think, but yes, he has opened some eyes. As for influencing, he can do that without being in politics and if he was really interested you wouldn't say you miss him already. He would be there, still trying to influence you and the others. I really don't think I have to tell you why Jesse is a nutcase, if you don't know, I don't think anything I say would make much difference. I will however give you a couple of examples: his appearence, his claimin to have been a Navy Seal, his comments about 9/11 and how do you feel about the TSA situation?

Last edited by nmnita; 03-28-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM

He was a navy seal actually,what's wrong with his appearance? He looks like an every day American instead of a politician. He is on the same level as normal Americans. He was right about 9/11.I agree with him on the TSA situation as well...the man is a maverick.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
He was a navy seal actually,what's wrong with his appearance? He looks like an every day American instead of a politician. He is on the same level as normal Americans. He was right about 9/11.I agree with him on the TSA situation as well...the man is a maverick.
check a little more closely, he wasn't a Navy Seal: looks wise,same, do you really think he would be a good rep for our country? You go ahead and think he is right about 9/11, so you really think he 9/11 was our fault> I can't believe you really feel that way. Is he a Maverick? yes, he is and that is ok in some cases but not for our President. Why do I get the idea, you are very young and very idealistic, but not very realistic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections