Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Split hairs much?
How so? First he says no American should ever be killed by a drone on American soil without a trial, and then he says, well, if a guy is coming out of a liquor store with a gun and $50, he doesn't care if he's killed by a drone or a cop. Rand's own words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
How so? First he says no American should ever be killed by a drone on American soil without a trial, and then he says, well, if a guy is coming out of a liquor store with a gun and $50, he doesn't care if he's killed by a drone or a cop. Rand's own words.
that guy you are responding to is obviously trolling.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
To a segment who may be over sensitive, yes I can see where it might be.
So your argument is simply that since you are a republican, you cant see how it could be condescending, got it.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So your argument is simply that since you are a republican, you cant see how it could be condescending, got it.
It isn't condescending, it is your overly sensitive perception.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
I am not going to even go there, you know exactly what he meant and how he meant it.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
To a segment who may be over sensitive, yes I can see where it might be.
Quote:
It isn't condescending, it is your overly sensitive perception.
just as you have your opinion, I have mine, rolling your eyes doesnt make your opinion fact.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 PM

910 posts, read 1,318,593 times
Quote:
Wow, I was thinking the same thing, he already had one strike against him going into this thing, maybe two being republican and white. He went in front of a group of black students, who already had a democratic/Obama mind set and I honestly think these students had no intention of listening what he had to say, just waited until he was done so they could pick him apart.
See, this gets back to the condescension issue. Assuming that just because it's a white Republican going to speak at Howard that there's already automatically "strikes" against him, whatever that means. The actual students interviewed afterward thanked him for coming, thought it was a nice gesture, and a couple even said his visit led them to reconsider their position on Republicans. Surely if they had no intention of listening to him, why bother wasting the time and money inviting him to speak?

Quote:
Yeah, it's funny that his mind immediately goes to guy robbing a liquor store for a small amount of cash. Oh well, so long as the drones don't interrupt Rand's hot tub time. That he cannot abide by. Hot tub time is sacred in the Paul household.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Because when someone comes out of a liquor school with a gun after robbing it the threat is imminent. That same person days later walking around his neighbor poses no threat.
I had to explain that to you???

Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I don't think RAND knows what he supports. First we have this from his fillibuster rant on drones:

"I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our Constitution is important, that your rights to trial by jury are precious, that no American should be killed by a drone on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."

Followed by this on Fox yesterday:

"I've never argued against any technology being used when you have an imminent threat, an active crime going on," Paul said. "If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash. I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him."

Now an "imminent threat" is a thief robbing a liquor store of $50? And in that case, he's all for using drones to kill Americans on American soil without benefit of a trial?

Sometimes a politican gets bashed because he deserves it.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your perceptions.
The problem is people like you listening to telling others what Rand really, really means instead of listening to the words of that individual.
Yes a thief robbing a store at gunpoint is an imminent threat.
Get a clue.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
? did you listen to his speech. He started off as if he was going to give a speech about himself and he quickly changed that to a speech about the Republican Party.
Yes I did but I dont have blinders on like you. It is common for a speaker to mention something about themselves at the beggining of a speech. That's something else you don't know.

Quote:
He claimed a majority of African Americans voted for Republicans up until the 1960's which isnt even true( atleast on a presidential level). 1936 was the First time the majority of African Americans voted for a Democrat for president and they have not voted for a republican sense.
That's not what he said. you didnt listen to the speech, just what someone told you. His point was to show the disconnect, why it happened, and what the repubs can do to get the vote back.

Quote:
Senator Paul then proceeded to talk about education and "School choice" knowing full well that vouchers do not pay for transportation. He also voted down funding for Transportation meaning that prices for public transportation for children in the inner city will either stay the say or go up. How does he expect the children of failing school to get to these better schools ?
Why does 1 person get to go to a good school and someone else doesn't? Because you say so? So 1 person gets bussed to a better school and that place is now taken so another looses out.
It's fun for you big government types to hand pick the winners and losers isn't it? So instead of fixing the cause of the problem, which is a lower quality school, your answer is to ship the kids elsewhere??

Keep treating he symptoms instead of the cause right? Is it any wonder the big government policies you back stink?

Quote:
After that he was asked about killing the D.C. funding bill.

he replied, " I didnt kill it, i just added what I thought were good amendments. Democrats had the majority, they could have simply voted it down" As you know, you dont vote on amendments to an individual bill, you vote on the bill as a whole. So by voting it down, they would be voting down the entire bill.
Because once again you don't understand yet comment. Let me make it simple. A bill may pass that says a tax of 10 percent will be levied. Amendments to lower it to 8 make it better in the eyes of the one making the amendment.
Rand explained it perfectly yet you don't get it?

Quote:
Then when asked about voting rights, Senator Paul responded in sentiments , " we hoped", " we wanted", "im trying", instead of in actuality( reality) which was that voter ID laws passed in many states actually disenfranchised many legal voters. He even divulged further and went back to talking about Jim Crow laws( 1910 -1960) and saying that " you shouldnt compare driver's licences to reading test"
Again he was correct. Anyone can get an id rather simply. Maybe you and your friends are helpless and can't think for yourself on how to obtain an id but most people are not. It's insulting to minorities to think they don't have the means to get an ID to vote.

Quote:
Again, even if you dont want to say they are the same thing, they had a similar effect, where thousands of legal citizens of this nation were not allowed to vote. So while he may claim that these bills were good intentioned, they ended up hurting law abiding citizens.
You didn't say anything. You made up a bunch of gibberish.
Some democrats said that voter fraud is okay so like a lemming you repeat it. Run a business and make sure you don't ask for any forms of id when others dont pay in cash. or run a liqour store and don't bother asking for an ID people.

Quote:
even when asked about the Republican party of Lincoln vs today's Republican party, he went back to Jim Crow. his entire argument against the Democratic party seems to to start in 1860 and end in 1960( again, i thought this was suppose to be a speech about him, not his party, or a hate speech on Democrats based on 100+ years ago).
You hit the nail on the head. You once again assumed incorrectly. You were wrong, yet like too many people you don't blame yourself for your mistake, you blame others.

I also love the part where he said " we have had a lot of votes lately, im not sure i know the full details of this". To his credit, he did vote no on the bill but he did not filibuster it (the question asked was "why didnt you fillibuster it ".

as for that " yes, No, no, yes, no", interesting, Bush is a war criminal, but not Obama according to Rand Paul.

Quote:
His EPA question response was a joke. Not the response itself, because that may have been one of his brighter points, but knowing that he has advocated for the removal of the EPA's regulatory power means the response was a lie. Unless he plans on creating some new agency, because an EPA with no regulatory power is just a bunch of people with titles.

That about does it.
Because he knows the one size fits all, bloated EPA isn't efficient and cannot be as effective as the local authorities can. We've seen that demonstrated time and time again. But why be for something that works when you can count on big government to raise you from cradle to grave, right? pfffftttt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections