Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,121,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
A lot of people followed him Last time.
No, he said he was out of politics if he lost this election. He certainly would have been a better leader then what we got now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,711,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
But that means *anyone* opposing would win. That's not good.

Both Republicans & Democrats, the majority of them, have voted for things that are unconstitutional. That's something most voters don't seem to think about. I wonder why that is?

I wish people would stop to realize that both Democrats & Republicans get big money from the special interest groups, and this is very costly to the majority in $$, freedoms lost, & lives lost. If voters say they want to vote for somebody who can win, are they willing to lose all of the above?

I was one of the 1 million or so who voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson, a really great guy who always sided with the majority, in a way that didn't harm the minority. Kind & caring, no hate, abnormally honest, smart & hard-working. He's a wealthy self-made man who made his money with a construction company that offered the best service for the lowest price, & he pledged he would offer the same as president. He published his list of issues positions about everything, very clearly in detail, & explained why those were his positions (total transparency).

He didn't isolate himself from those with a lower income. He would talk to protesters & homeless people, he wanted to know what everybody thought about all of the issues. As Republicans named one group after another that they hated, Gary said he'd take those votes. As a popular 2 term governor of NM, he inherited a deficit, cut taxes, left state with a billion dollar surplus.

Gary left the Republican Party after they decided to keep him out of most debates-they knew he offered what most want & did not decide to go along with special interests. So Republicans played on fears as usual & said we hate drug users, we hate gays, we hate racial minorities, we hate protesters (anti-war, etc-don't allow 1st amendment), we hate most other countries, at least the non-Christian ones, we hate poor & middle class (but Romney said he was in favor of the "middle class" that made at least $200,000 a year). And he praised big oil on TV debate, does he care about if we can afford gas?

Republicans give hate speeches, but at least that way you know where they stand. Democrats try to be rather vague & misleading, & too many voters try to read between the lines to see something that really isn't there. Though they won't threaten to eliminate help for the poor.

Libertarians believe all people should have equal rights. Do you think most agree? Best wishes, all.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Romney is done and has had his turn, the establishment is going to trot out Rubio.
I also hear George P. Bush & Rand Paul as possibilities. I don't like either big party as they favor special interest groups that often want to harm the majority if that makes more $$. Best wishes.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I don't trust the rich.....Lots of them pay no taxes...........I know it's true but the media never reports the whole story.

My best guess is Romney paid taxes on money he kept in US, but not on money he kept in Bermuda, Cayman Islands or Switzerland. Can anyone confirm?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,258,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
No, he said he was out of politics if he lost this election. He certainly would have been a better leader then what we got now.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:52 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,258,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah yes - that was the problem. He just wasn't conservative enough...
That was the problem. obamacare is a copy of romneycare in Mass, and it's a mess, although better than the unConstitutional obamacare. There was other things he did as governor that is NOT conservative. Now if the looney left thinks Romney was too conservative, then they are way out in fantasy land !!!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,055,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If you think his faith is what kept him out of the Oval Office, you're beyond help.

What was it then.

A candidate witha proven record of sucess after sucess. Gets tings done, makes the world a better place. What was not to like EXCEPT what many a rub describes as a cult.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:56 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
A lot of people followed him Last time.
My guess and it is just my opinion which isn't always worth much, he won't even think about it. He got beat, he has tried before, got nowhere, he will be almost 70 and I think he and Anne will probably be very happy to sit back and watch the CA sunsets off the pacific ocean. A lot of people followed him last time because the pickens were all that great!!!

Oh and buy the way, your comment about the rich paying no taxes, who do you think pay taxes, certainly not the poor. Who pays for all those on welfare, who pays for medicaid? Do you think the poor pay for those things? Do you realize if the average millionaire pays only 10% of his income in taxes yearly, he probably pays as much as many of us in 10 years or even more. Why would you think such a thing?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM

66 posts, read 178,784 times
I wish he would. The country still needs him

Old 04-26-2013, 02:20 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
No, the anti-Mormon Bigotry is to strong in the USA. It is a sad fact, but it is true. Romney is an outstanding Executive, and we are a much poorer nation for not electing him, especially in light of who we did put in office.
WHY?

WHY is there any reason to believe this so-called 'outstanding Executive' would put the country's interests ahead of his own and the special interests that buy him? He's already demonstrated his church is more important to him than his country by running off to France on an LDS mission after supporting both the Vietnam War and the draft that supplied cannon fodder for it.

Let him join the clergy, he's made his priorities abundantly clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections