Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The GOP will help elect Hillary Clinton.
and you have the crystal ball that tells you: 1: she intends on running and 2: she will hold up under pressure when she couldn't 8 years before? For the Republicans to help elect her, she has to win the primaries, but first she has to run...HELLO!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
How exactly is Chris Matthews going to help? People who watch his show are already liberals and inclined to vote for her anyway. I'm not sure why the subject even warrants a thread, I don't want to see a list of every single person who supports Hillary.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Chris Matthews said he will get Hillary Clinton elected in 2016
"If you're watching, Madam Secretary, all three of us have brilliant ideas. All of us have great ideas. And I especially put myself in that group with Joan and David. We know how to do this, we’ll get you in there."

Read more: Chris Matthews Offers To Help Hillary

But lets not forget what he said about Hillary in 2008

On January 9, 2008, the morning after Hillary Clinton's surprise victory in the New Hampshire Democratic presidential primary, Matthews appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe program and said of Hillary Clinton,

"I'll be brutal, the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit.
Lets all help get Christ Matthews off the Air!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Unfortunately I think she will be the front runner for 2016 and effectually take the election.
I think Benghazi has scuttled her chances. Even Matthews is starting to see the light about Benghazi.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
My thoughts exactly: she is the one that is going to sink, whether she takes the wrap for Obama or it is directly her problem, it is going to hurt her. But, then, think of how many scandals she has faced and come out ahead, who knows? She certainly has the ability to recover...

As for Chris, I think he still believes he is working for Tip and believes Tip is alive and doing well.

Nita

Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 AM

769 posts, read 1,007,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My thoughts exactly: she is the one that is going to sink, whether she takes the wrap for Obama or it is directly her problem, it is going to hurt her. But, then, think of how many scandals she has faced and come out ahead, who knows? She certainly has the ability to recover...

As for Chris, I think he still believes he is working for Tip and believes Tip is alive and doing well.

Nita
I'm a Hillary supporter in all honesty, but I'm trying to remain unbiased here.

I think you highlighted some key points with your post above. Although I personally and highly doubt that anything will emerge from Benghazi (but you never know of course), even if something did, do you think it would hurt her? I mean, perhaps initially, but 2016 is a long way aways and people's memories of it will fade and mellow. Even if she were to get the nomination and her opponent were to try to stir things up again at that time, I wonder how interested or engaged the American people would be with it at that point? And again, that's assuming that something really horrible even comes to light in the first place.

For better or for worse, I honestly don't think most Americans really give a cr*p about Benghazi and many don't even know what's currently going on at all (which is scary imho). I think that demographics in the country are changing rapidly and that the GOP has failed to attract minority voters up until this point in time. I think that instead of trying to nail Hillary or Obama to the wall, then they should be trying to make their party appeal to more American voters for both 2016 and especially beyond that. That sounds really partisan perhaps, but it's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections