Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 AM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Compared to liar and cheater Sanford, she is a saint. Unbelievable that the people of SC would elect this loser but then again Republicans tend to do that on a regular basis.
Last I checked Sanford didn't kill anyone like Ted Kennedy.

Unrelated to the above, what does this say about the polling? Wasn't she ahead in just about every poll not too long ago. He didn't win by just a little, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,033,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
First of all, it's not Maddows, it's Maddow.

Look at all of the conservatives who hate Obama and start several threads a week against him.

Funny, isn't it, that the Reps in SC elected a goober that, as Governor, disappeared to boink his girlfriend in South America...then rant about how the democrats lack morals.

How utterly ironic.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:24 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,533,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Believe me, as a Republican I am not jumping up and down. I don't like what he did, or how he did it, but I don't think she had much to offer either. If you are going to run for office, you better have some ideas on how to solve problems, not just run cause you think it might be fun or think it is going to be an easy entrance into national politics. She obviously was a very bad candidate. Regardless of the district being Republican, a good candidate could have pulled a victory I think.
You got it. She offered nothing but not being Sanford. She refused to debate, did very few interviews etc. Most people in the district are disgusted with him, but at least they knew where he stood on issues which is why they voted for him.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,203,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
I watched as Maddows and other libs touted that the win in Jesse Jackson Jr. old seat, a liberal area of a liberal area as some win against the NRA. Now you can see them grind their teeth as Sanford wins in what they thought would be a pick up in SC.

They just don't get that outside of NYC, the east coast and west coast there are a lot of people who are religious, like guns and don't believe in gay equality. IMO [personal] I don't give a rip if two men want to marry. But if those two same men want to create a law taking my guns away I say, lets fight you on your ground of gay marriage and keep you busy on something I really don't care about.

I think the libs may be surprised at the mid terms. I don't know that any side will run away with it, but if the house stays firmly in the hands of the Conservatives, they will not pass anything if they keep attacking guns and Republicans. This is exactly what the filibuster is for. It gives the party out of power a hand up.

Libs need to relearn the lesson of 94 all over again. Don't attack guns. Its just that simple. Republicans need to learn to stop trying to outlaw abortion, preach it from the roof tops but when you force others to abide by your religious beliefs you will get push back. Same goes for Dems, stop telling the rest of us what guns are good and what ones are bad.
Repugs were sure surprised in 2012.
Quote:
While he lost South Carolina by more than 200,000 votes in Tuesday’s election, there was some good news for President Barack Obama: The incumbent Democratic president took 21 of South Carolina’s 46 counties, up from 20 counties four years ago.

Read more here: Obama, Romney close in Midlands | Election | The State
What are you trying to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Funny, sin't it, that the Reps in SC elected a goober that, as Governor, disappeared to boink his girlfriend in South America...then rant about how the democrats lack moraqls.

How utterly ironic.
Reminds me of Newt, what's his name. LOL.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Friends will let friends get away with murder......

Just say'n

Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM

382 posts, read 585,061 times
Quote:
Funny, sin't it, that the Reps in SC elected a goober that, as Governor, disappeared to boink his girlfriend in South America...then rant about how the democrats lack moraqls.

How utterly ironic.
What it does show is that they like him as bad as he is more than a liberal. Its is a sign your not going to take the house. So get used to grid lock baby. LMAO

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,533,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Big difference in that she was trying to get out of an abusive marriage as opposed to him just going into the home of his X & making himself comfortable. What a creep.
She wasn't jailed for trying to get out of a bad marriage.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,601,131 times
Quote:
I think it's freaking hilarious. The RWers get their panties in a wad over the immoral democrats, then elect this tool into Congress.

Congrats GOP!
It's really quite the opposite. Brain dead libs defend sleezeballs like Clinton, then rant about Sanford.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,033,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
What it does show is that they like him as bad as he is more than a liberal. Its is a sign your not going to take the house. So get used to grid lock baby. LMAO

I'm not running for the House.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 AM

29,167 posts, read 22,137,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
"Everybody loves a cheater, he's a cheater, everybody loves him". By the way, where's that girl he was banging?
She left her husband and Argentina and moved in with him in S. Carolina. Supposedly they are now engaged.

As I recall, Sanford was having a lot of political trouble as Governor before his affair overshadowed all his other, more mundane, problems. I wonder if all that other stuff has drifted into the past, or if it was ignored this time?

Sanford wasn't the first and won't be the last politician to be caught with his pants down who went on to re-election. Maybe the voters decided losing the Governorship was enough penance for his misdeeds and gave him another chance. I don't think he's a crook, but I believe he's very self-centered and narcissistic, which may not affect his performance as a Representative as much as being the Governor. Giving him a 2-year term may be a pretty short leash for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections