Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 AM

37,822 posts, read 41,139,484 times

Advertisements

I heard this on two of the TV talk shows yesterday although I can't remember which ones. One of the guests on one of them said it was bad strategy for the Hillary campaign to make it look like she couldn't handle the guys ganging up on her during the debate which I assume was the response her campaign took after Tuesday's debate was over.

So what do you think? If she is emphasizing she's a woman as part of her strategy to attract the female vote, is it smart or not smart of her campaign to make it look like she's being picked on because she's a woman? Do you think that strategy will be assessed differently by male and female primary voters? How would that play during the general election?

Okay, that's the good strategy or not good strategy question. The next question is: In your opinion, were the other Democratic candidates (and based on her response, the moderators) picking on her because she's a woman or because she's the front-runner?

Lastly, did you feel sorry for her during the debate and would that have been your reaction if she was a man? Or, did you think it was about time the other candidates went after her as the front-runner implying that maybe they held back in the past because she is a woman?

When you respond can you please identify yourself as male or female, Democrat or Republican or Independent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,698,242 times
It is just another ploy wants to be President, but cant pick on her because she is a girl, weak, personally I dont think they are even picking on her, they are doing what candidates do to each other . No I didnt feel sorry for her, her policies suck. I am a female, republican.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM

791 posts, read 2,226,833 times
Male, no party affiliation, libertarian leaning.

If she can't stand the heat she should get out.... well, you know the rest. Not like we're gonna get any cookies anyway.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:14 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,268,114 times
First of all, Hillary is far from a "girl" if anything she is much closer to an old woman. 60 years old certainly qualifies as older. What is this with her suddenly playing coy. Her feminists roots are deep, I would think she would be totally oposed to now trying to play the gender card.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM

68,372 posts, read 54,603,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
First of all, Hillary is far from a "girl" if anything she is much closer to an old woman. 60 years old certainly qualifies as older. What is this with her suddenly playing coy. Her feminists roots are deep, I would think she would be totally oposed to now trying to play the gender card.

She's a P*O*L*I*T*I*C*A*N like all the others, ALL cards are on the table including the Jokers.

Does anyone seriously believe that isn't the case with any candidate of either party at the national level?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,615,205 times
She claimed the moderator was playing "gotcha" when asked a yes or no question! The others probably did target her because she was the frontrunner. If she's whining about that and claiming she was picked on then I really don't want her in office. Ahmadinejad is much meaner than John Edwards.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 AM

791 posts, read 2,226,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
She's a P*O*L*I*T*I*C*A*N like all the others, ALL cards are on the table including the Jokers.

Does anyone seriously believe that isn't the case with any candidate of either party at the national level?
If Giuliani plays the 'girl' card I'll vote for him.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM

68,372 posts, read 54,603,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
If Giuliani plays the 'girl' card I'll vote for him.

You've obviously missed the pix of him in an evening gown
I guess he's got at least one vote sewn up.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,867,182 times
I don't care that she is a woman. I think it would be cool if a woman was elected pres.

However, to act like a feminist then cry about how mean the boys are is beyond pathetic.

Oh, how I WISH for her to be the dem nom. Piece of cake for a real debate.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:53 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,340,887 times
Mark the calendars...we have seen the peak of the Hillary Campaign...the bubble has burst.
There will be no giant come-back...all of her substance, which was minute has leaked out onto the floor...
What was so sad...It was HER turn...to be President...Bill got his turn...WAAAAH!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections