Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

Advertisements

Great idea!

How about Paul Ryan/Rand Paul? They could come up with clever bumper stickers/buttons/placards like:

Paul & Paul

Ryan & Rand

They'd certainly get about 40% of the vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I cant believe the GOP are now thinking the American voter is so shallow and gullible as to vote for a candidate solely for his age rather than the ideals he represents.
I doubt their rationale will go far in 2016, perhaps within a party all things being equal a younger candidate may bring more charisma to the game but i doubt the general public will vote for a candidate purely on age..But if thats where the GOP is at in thinking it can win i'm sure theres plenty of young American equivalents to Justin Bieber...
You are totally missing the point and it isn't just the GOP, that is thinking; young, but not because of age, but because of new ideas. You have totally missed the point, has one person said they would vote for any candidate solely on age? Of course not. They may vote against a candidate because he/she appears to be too old, but not no one votes for someone just because that person is young. I am always amazed with people who live in other countries trying to tell us what we are thinking.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Nobody can do well with young voters unless they support same sex marriage and a woman's right to choose. If they don't get those two basic issues right, they can give up trying to attract the young vote because its not happening.
Yeah? I'd run on how much they like living with mommy and/or daddy.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I cant believe the GOP are now thinking the American voter is so shallow and gullible as to vote for a candidate solely for his age rather than the ideals he represents....
They voted for some zero executive experienced black guy based on the color of his skin.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are totally missing the point and it isn't just the GOP, that is thinking; young, but not because of age, but because of new ideas. You have totally missed the point, has one person said they would vote for any candidate solely on age? Of course not. They may vote against a candidate because he/she appears to be too old, but not no one votes for someone just because that person is young. I am always amazed with people who live in other countries trying to tell us what we are thinking.
Just giving my take of the topic title..
What if the GOP had a young ticket in 2016,,

As for "people who live in other countries trying to tell us what we are thinking" wanna talk about the monarchy?.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So, if the candidate is not a libertarian, no matter how you might feel about the person, you will not vote for him or her. I think there are more Republicans that lean toward libertarians than you might think. YOu will never find a candidate that agrees with you 100%, or most likely you won't. For me, it boils down to who do I seem to share views with the most, who comes the closest to my ideal candidate. That is who I vote for, regardless of the party.
And THIS is why Washington will continue to offer Status Quo Scumbags that will continue to bleed the working class dry, while systematically wiping out any chance they had of ever achieving financial stability.

All the Republicrat politicians have to do is point to the other Party and lay the blame: "It's all their fault we have (take your pick)...endless high unemployment...low wages and ever-decreasing benefits...60+ hour workweeks with the least vacation time (by far) of any industrialized nation...ever-higher cost of living...taxes reducing your wealth in every transaction/period of time/activity/entity...dollar devaluation that constantly reduces the value of your wages/savings/investments...Corporate welfare/stimulus/bailouts...$17+ trillion in debt at the federal level alone...INTEREST on the Federal debt (i.e. "fiscal stupidity tax")...over-generous pay/benefits for government workers that dwarf those of the average taxpayer...incredibly expensive pensions for government workers that are grossly under-funded and will require the tax burden to continue to grow...etc., etc.

Even for those born with some intelligence, it takes decades of election cycles before you realize that both Parties follow exactly the same Middle-Class-destroying policies (despite their claims to the contrary), and that NOTHING GETS ANY BETTER for the working class even when their self-proclaimed hero is in full control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency (Obama's first two years).

Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They voted for some zero executive experienced black guy based on the color of his skin.
you just pwned this broad. chick was slaughtered. the move back home with daddy type embarrassment. thank you lauraC for intellectually destroying this nimrod.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Newer socks dipped in sewage stink just as bad as the old ones.

A newer version of a crappy car brand is still crappy.
Rep to you!

Why is it so difficult for some to understand that it's the sucky policies that is making the GOP go extinct?
Right after the last election, they were going to reinvent their brand to appeal to the people that voted for Obama. Yeah, they're doing a real good job of appealing to the masses on...

women's issues
immigration
race relations
the economy
climate change
education
gay rights

Old 07-26-2013, 05:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
And THIS is why Washington will continue to offer Status Quo Scumbags that will continue to bleed the working class dry, while systematically wiping out any chance they had of ever achieving financial stability.

All the Republicrat politicians have to do is point to the other Party and lay the blame: "It's all their fault we have (take your pick)...endless high unemployment...low wages and ever-decreasing benefits...60+ hour workweeks with the least vacation time (by far) of any industrialized nation...ever-higher cost of living...taxes reducing your wealth in every transaction/period of time/activity/entity...dollar devaluation that constantly reduces the value of your wages/savings/investments...Corporate welfare/stimulus/bailouts...$17+ trillion in debt at the federal level alone...INTEREST on the Federal debt (i.e. "fiscal stupidity tax")...over-generous pay/benefits for government workers that dwarf those of the average taxpayer...incredibly expensive pensions for government workers that are grossly under-funded and will require the tax burden to continue to grow...etc., etc.

Even for those born with some intelligence, it takes decades of election cycles before you realize that both Parties follow exactly the same Middle-Class-destroying policies (despite their claims to the contrary), and that NOTHING GETS ANY BETTER for the working class even when their self-proclaimed hero is in full control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency (Obama's first two years).
No! Obama Did Not Control Congress His First Two Years! | CJOnline.com

Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I agree, the GOP idiots for a time were parading around Herman Cain of all people as the leader of their presidential race. What a bunch of loons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections