Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:12 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Shows how behind the times you are. 50 MILLION Americans have 401K accounts - that's a LOT of "1%er". If you don't have one then maybe you should get a better education so you can get a better job that offers a 401K - or barring that, get yourself a personal IRA account (which functions more or less the same way) - and, by the way, capital gains taxes have NOTHING to do with 401Ks (they are taxed as regular income when you eventually withdraw money from them).

And YES - the deficit IS falling. The 2009 deficit was $1.4 TRILLION. Last year it had been reduced to a bit over $1 trillion (cut by almost 1/3 from it's 2009 peak) and THIS YEAR (which - for the Federal budget ends in September - just a few months away) it's looking like the deficit will be down UNDER $700 billion - meaning it's been CUT IN HALF in the last 4 years.

"CBO drops 2013 deficit estimate to $642 billion

WASHINGTON — A continued decline in the federal budget deficit this year is resulting in a better than expected fiscal forecast for 2013 from the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.

The CBO projects a $642 billion budget deficit for fiscal year 2013, down more than $200 billion from its February estimate and the smallest annual shortfall since 2008. It is the lowest level of deficit spending to date under President Obama, who faced $1 trillion or more in annual deficits during his first term.

According to CBO, about half of the increase in revenues over the next two years are from new tax rules, such as higher rates and expiration of certain deductions. Revenueis also up due to "factors related mainly to the strengthening economy" including increases in "some components of taxable income" such as wages and capital gains..."

CBO drops 2013 deficit estimate to $642 billion

This site doesn't yet reflect the new CBO estimate but still shows the general downward trend of the deficit over the last 4 years:

US Federal Budget Deficit 2008_2018 - Charts Analysis

So YEAH, despite what you may have heard from rightwing talking heads, the deficit IS falling - and falling FAST.

The U-3 Unemployment rate went UP this month. The U-6 unemployment rate (often called the "real unemployment rate" because it counts those who have "given up looking") went DOWN this month - indicating that a chunk of previously discouraged unemployed have once again started looking for work)

U-3 (official) UE Rate history:
Portal Seven | Unemployment Rate - US

U-6 ("real") UE Rate history:
Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate

Ken
jesus christ you're slow. to the point of embarrassing yourself. you seem to have missed the ""'s in my statement, which were meant to simulate sarcasm. instead you hurl a bunch of personal insults meant to help you deal with the fact that I have neutered you in this thread.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
jesus christ you're slow. to the point of embarrassing yourself. you seem to have missed the ""'s in my statement, which were meant to simulate sarcasm. instead you hurl a bunch of personal insults meant to help you deal with the fact that I have neutered you in this thread.
in other words you're just getting "snappy" because you don't like me pointing out the fact that the "real" UE rate and the Deficit are falling.

Got it.

Better get used to it. BOTH are dropping and BOTH are CONTINUING to drop.
Bad news for the "doom and gloom" crowd. Good news for the country.

Ken

Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If Michelle Bachmann was President, we would have a balanced budget, a growing economy again which it still isn't, (sorry Obama fans, growing at less than 3 3/4 percent isn't growing because it is losing ground to the needs of the country, your dirtbag in the Whitehouse loses that one!) , we wouldn't have these scandals on a current President and his cronies, we would have a practical, working approach to the Nations problems, and we wouldn't have other Nations looking down their noses at the person in the Whitehouse like they do now. Don't believe me? Look up some of the online foreign news media quotes of their government officials.
Why isn't Bachmann running for re-election? I believe there is a scandal with her campaign funds...

Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
facts and data are insults?

Old 06-11-2013, 07:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
facts and data are insults?
Apparently so.
Silly me. I thought they were evidence.

It seems that being faced with reality is an insult to such folks.
Guess I'm going to have to keep "insulting" them then.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections