Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 11:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Our Democratic governor Pat Quinn is destroying this state like Blagojevich did. He likes to increase spending on welfare and of course government workers while cutting programs for the disabled and seniors. In this state you only matter if you are on welfare. Illegals get welfare too here and 54% of babies are born on Medicaid. We need a moderate Republican to fix this state and cut welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Our Democratic governor Pat Quinn is destroying this state like Blagojevich did. He likes to increase spending on welfare and of course government workers while cutting programs for the disabled and seniors. In this state you only matter if you are on welfare. Illegals get welfare too here and 54% of babies are born on Medicaid. We need a moderate Republican to fix this state and cut welfare.
Perhaps you should read a newspaper once or twice before you vote. You should also take a class in logic, many if not most of the disabled are on some form of welfare.

Illinois Medicaid Cuts: Gov. Pat Quinn $1.6 Billion In Medicaid Cuts, Cigarette Tax Hike Into Law (VIDEO)

Governor Quinn cuts Illinois Child Care - St. Louis child care | Examiner.com

Illinois's Quinn Doubles Furlough Days for 2,700 State Workers - Bloomberg

Quinn wants public employees to pay more, work longer - Chicago Tribune

Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 AM

I read quite a bit and I would rather pay for disabled and the elderly over illegals and illegitimate births.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
I went to college in Illinois in the early 1990s. Every statewide office was held by a Republican. The state has swung far left and has been totally destroyed by the Democrats. Very sad that Illinois is now the biggest basket case in the union.

I knew things in Illinois were taking a downward turn when Carol Moseley-Braun won a Senate seat.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I went to college in Illinois in the early 1990s. Every statewide office was held by a Republican. The state has swung far left and has been totally destroyed by the Democrats. Very sad that Illinois is now the biggest basket case in the union.

I knew things in Illinois were taking a downward turn when Carol Moseley-Braun won a Senate seat.
I think IL has always swung back and forth. Certainly Chic has never been considered anything but left or most of the time. It is like CA, there are times when the state actually looks pretty normal, pretty much in the middle and then before you can open and close your eyes you get the left side on everything.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

What I always find interesting is that while Chicago and the suburbs (except the collar counties)tend to be left wing Democrat but the rest of the state is Republican. The Republicans are interesting because many of them are very moderate and aren't much different than the Democrats socially. However, unlike the Democrats they don't want to keep raising taxes while the money goes towards things we need to cut, like government workers or welfare. The welfare here is very generous where you can be illegal and get welfare or keep having babies and get increases, and they want to increase it even more. There was a bill (not sure if it passed)where they wanted tax payers to provide things like internet and cable to those on welfare. When I lived in Cook County I always saw stereotypical welfare queens (young single women with several kids and no husband). I have since moved to Will County which is more conservative, more actual families and less taxes because we aren't paying so much for welfare. The schools here are better too.

I once worked for a government agency with union workers and they were overpaid. I was management and yet was making less than subordinates. The unions here are dirty as well.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Good for you for being able to think out of the box. Illinois obviously has layer upon layer of institutional corruption, as we saw with blago. I recall also the story from 2011 about several people from the streets & san dept in Chicago who wrangled themselves $150,000 lifetime pensions by getting some special law slipped thru that happened to apply only to them.

I think IL just needs to get some people in office with integrity & character, without regard to R/D or right/left. There was an R gov. in IL who wound up in the clink, too. It's tough to find such people who are willing to run.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM

Yes Illinois needs to clean up, but especially in Chicago. I worked for a certain transportation agency and the government waste I saw was out of control.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Don't forget the last GOP governor the state had, ended up in prison on bribery charges and also gave numerous convicted murderers on death row clemency.

If you think voting (R) will fix anything, you are very much mistaken.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM

He was bad too but Blago and Quinn expanded the welfare system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections