Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times

Advertisements

The GOP doesn't need a candidate who can get the black votes. They need to become a party that can represent the ideals of black and minority moderates and conservatives. Black voters now see black republican candidates as smoke screens or the old bait and switch.

What conservatives used to see as issues on the far left like; abortion, pot, gays and womens rights are now the mainstream. The same way Barack Obama addressed racism in the Democratic party ,The GOP needs to find a candidate who can show they are in the mainstream and that may not neccessarily be a black person or a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The GOP doesn't need a candidate who can get the black votes. They need to become a party that can represent the ideals of black and minority moderates and conservatives. Black voters now see black republican candidates as smoke screens or the old bait and switch.

What conservatives used to see as issues on the far left like; abortion, pot, gays and womens rights are now the mainstream. The same way Barack Obama addressed racism in the Democratic party ,The GOP needs to find a candidate who can show they are in the mainstream and that may not neccessarily be a black person or a woman.
very interesting and objective post..

Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The only black you hate is C. T? What about some of the comments made by libs here about Allen West and Herman Cain? I can probably think of others if I racked my old almost used up brain....We all know or it appears, 90% of blacks have a huge problem and dislike, if not hatred toward conservative blacks. In fact it appears they have some concerns even with conservative Hispanics. I wish it wasn't that way, I guess I am in a stage of my life where I can't figure this out; I can't figure out how any one group can really dislike another group so strongly? I know this goes for all sides and all groups. But I do think the black feelings toward black conservatives is the most obvious.
Allen West is an idiot and Herman Cain is a joke. Maybe blacks have a problem with conservatives in general? The idea of conservatism is great... plenty of blacks are conservative. My mom was a republican and ran for counsel in PA. However, the way conservatives talk about blacks won't win them over...

A lot of black conservatives use the same talking points as white conservatives and the tone isn't inviting AT ALL. You get more flies with honey... uplift, inspire, etc.. and then have the difficult conversations about how to change communities and lives.

Telling blacks they are foolish and doing it wrong won't win votes...

Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Allen West is an idiot and Herman Cain is a joke. Maybe blacks have a problem with conservatives in general? The idea of conservatism is great... plenty of blacks are conservative. My mom was a republican and ran for counsel in PA. However, the way conservatives talk about blacks won't win them over...

A lot of black conservatives use the same talking points as white conservatives and the tone isn't inviting AT ALL. You get more flies with honey... uplift, inspire, etc.. and then have the difficult conversations about how to change communities and lives.

Telling blacks they are foolish and doing it wrong won't win votes...
Opinion sir, opinion: you might think they are jokes and idiots, but others would disagree with you. What makes you say someone is a joke or idiot? Is it because they do not share your views or the views of some minorities? Does this mean they are idiots? I certainly do not think so, whether I agree with them or not.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Republicans could win the black vote on Public education alone. Look at Chicago, black Democrats ready to throw Rahm out of office now.

Schools are just like churches in many communities. The are the life blood for many areas and a safe zone for some of the children. Democrats havent done enough or arent handling it the right way.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Opinion sir, opinion: you might think they are jokes and idiots, but others would disagree with you. What makes you say someone is a joke or idiot? Is it because they do not share your views or the views of some minorities? Does this mean they are idiots? I certainly do not think so, whether I agree with them or not.
I think you have me on ignore, but i will try to respond.

Herman Cain, when asked why Mitt Romney got 0% of the black vote in a recent poll said " well,some black people actually have jobs".

He and Allen West have both made the "plantation/brainwashed" argument about black people who do not vote Republican as well.

So in short, Allen West and Herman Cain has degraded black people and done exactly what you accused in bold.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
The only black you hate is C. T? What about some of the comments made by libs here about Allen West and Herman Cain? I can probably think of others if I racked my old almost used up brain....We all know or it appears, 90% of blacks have a huge problem and dislike, if not hatred toward conservative blacks. In fact it appears they have some concerns even with conservative Hispanics. I wish it wasn't that way, I guess I am in a stage of my life where I can't figure this out; I can't figure out how any one group can really dislike another group so strongly? I know this goes for all sides and all groups. But I do think the black feelings toward black conservatives is the most obvious.
Have you seen the rhetoric and the crazy crap that West and Cain have spewed?? When you say absolutely bats*** things you are going to **** off a bunch of people. West and Cain aren't well liked for the same reasons white conservatives like Bachmann and Louie Gomhert aren't liked. THEY SAY ALL SORTS OF INSANE CRAP

Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Which means she would've won the election right, if all the other voting stayed the same?
She would never have been able to get Randi past the paparazzi. Fail.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
No.. most people agree with me. Those idiots will say whatever Rush and Hannity tell them too.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
No.. most people agree with me. Those idiots will say whatever Rush and Hannity tell them too.
and by most, who are deciding is "most?" That is a ridiculous statement: most. You have no idea anymore than I do.. Who thinks this or that way totally depends on who you are asking or talking to at any given time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections