Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 AM

122 posts, read 108,143 times

Advertisements

So who? Me personally. Jesse Ventura,Andrew Napolitano and Gary Johnson.I would only leave the country if Hillary or Michelle Obama were elected in ANY capacity...Mexico here I come...so what about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,887 times
Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Jill Stein, Stewart Alexander. Will vote for Hillary if no other viable option. Want to know her stance on Employee Free Choice Act or similar legislation.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Jill Stein, Stewart Alexander. Will vote for Hillary if no other viable option. Want to know her stance on Employee Free Choice Act or similar legislation.
I would love it if one of those Marxists were the Democrat Party's nominee.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,566 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
So who? Me personally. Jesse Ventura,Andrew Napolitano and Gary Johnson.I would only leave the country if Hillary or Michelle Obama were elected in ANY capacity...Mexico here I come...so what about you?
Why would you leave the country ? What exactly is it that Hillary would do that would make you leave ?

also, does Michele Obama even talk about her positions on most issues ?

But to answer your question, i want someone who isnt gong to take crap from congress and is willing to get on TV and refute them every afternoon after the R's have had their morning press conference.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:51 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,350 times
I'll be voting for myself again.

Vote for me as well y'all.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM

1,300 posts, read 961,376 times
I've always liked Hillary and think she will run.
A lesser known guy I like is Mark Warner of Virginia, but he is not well known nationally and hasnt shown any early indication of presidential ambitions.

As a registered democrat I will admit, a Jeb Bush/Condi Rice ticket is damn scary and could certainly win, especially if Hillary is not running.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
At this stage of the game I really don't have a favorite. I know who I wouldn't want to run, but I don't think we have to worry about that...People like Jesse Ventura, who would not run anyway, would be the biggest embarrassment our country has ever faced. Gary Johnson was a good governor: we lived in the state when he was the governor. He was also very popular, but I think his time has passed. He could not even survive past the first couple of debates last year. He doesn't have the personality that most of our recent Presidents have had and he won't excite anyone.

I am watching Rand Paul pretty closely: as well as Rubio and Susana Martinez of New Mexico, but I don't think she has any interest or sure isn't indicating she does. I do like Christie in many ways, but have some reservations about him. I would have been pushing for J. Bush but I am not excited about the thought of a third Bush. I want new blood, that goes for both sides.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:03 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
I like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio in that order. I wouldn't count out Bobby Jindal, who has the executive experience that the others don't.

As for the D side, I would be happiest if they could get Chris Christie to switch parties and run as a D. Otherwise, Joe Biden looks like the frontrunner right now. He is error-prone to begin with, and he would be 74 yrs. old in Nov, 2016. He has tossed out hints that he wants to go for it.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:35 PM

90 posts, read 140,942 times
Us President? It's a puppet position with no real powers. Orders come from others. The last real prez was JFK and he wanted to eradicate the Federal Reserve System and the fiat currency ponzi scheme (whihc btw is till operating and destroying this country from within) Anyway JFK gave orders to start printing sound money (Silver Certificates)....and was in the process of dismantling the FRS.

We all know what happened next. Brain splatter on local TV. A shot heard round the world and a loud and clear message was sent to any new presidents who didn't do as they were told.

The rabbit hole goes deep...for those who choose to go there.

The US government system is broken...and no "president" is going to make it better. Once we all realize that we can then take the appropriate measures..similar to what NZ has done.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I like Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio in that order. I wouldn't count out Bobby Jindal, who has the executive experience that the others don't.

As for the D side, I would be happiest if they could get Chris Christie to switch parties and run as a D. Otherwise, Joe Biden looks like the frontrunner right now. He is error-prone to begin with, and he would be 74 yrs. old in Nov, 2016. He has tossed out hints that he wants to go for it.
Unless Hillary does run and I am not convinced she will, I just don't see anyone on the D side that is ready to take over. Biden, wants it so bad he can taste it, but he has tried 2 or 3 other times, never gotten out of the batters box and yes, his age would be against him, big time.

As for Jindal, I really like him and his ideas but I just don't see him as Presidentual material. One of his problems, he is a crappy speaker. We saw what happened to Perry!!! How about Nicki Haley? As for Ted Cruz, it is way too soon for him I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections