Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

To all that keep saying that he doesn't stand a chance....ah yep keep telling yourselves that...

I am having a renewed faith in college kids if they are promoting RP,I guess the concept of liberty isn't old and tired afterall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Ron Paul is an antidote to the nauseating fakery of someone like Romney or Clinton. I actually felt visceral disgust during one of the Republican debates, during which Mitt Romney tried to interrupt Ron Paul with the smarmy line "What about 9/11?" Fortunately Paul more or less told him to shut up, and kept rolling along with his comments. As soon as I saw that, I imagined Romney in a conference with his pollsters and media advisers, brainstorming ways to "get" Ron Paul should the opportunity arise.

My question is this - given how much today's politicians have lied, manipulated the system, and otherwise botched their mandates to faithfully represent their constituents (as opposed to outside financial and political interests), how can anyone support a 'creature of the system' like the main presidential frontrunners? Why would you want to keep sticking your finger in that electrical socket? Do you think there's going to be gold in there this time, rather than another nasty shock?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:46 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
It was $4.2 million.
Why did someone give me a negative when I reported the correct amount, which was $4.2 million???

I am informing a mod about this. This is ridiculous!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Why did someone give me a negative when I reported the correct amount, which was $4.2 million???

I am informing a mod about this. This is ridiculous!
Lol... that's sad.

Technically it was 4.3 but it's really not that big of a diffrence.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
Lol... that's sad.

Technically it was 4.3 but it's really not that big of a diffrence.
Compared to $3 million?!? Sure $1.3 Million is a huge deal.

Look, I am not even 100% happy with all of Paul's positions, BUT Ron Paul is more than a HERO for standing up against the GOP sellouts (Juan McCain, Rudy) and saying he want the troops at the border, NO AMNESTY EVER, no scamming people out of their money with income taxes, no wiretapping of US citizens (only suspected terrorists and WITH a warrant - with takes less than 5 minutes to get and can be obtained froma federal judges 24/7 - there is always a judge on stand-by for warrants anytime), and that the 2nd is an absolute individual right!

Honestly, if it is between Ron Paul or any of the other GOP sellouts (Rudy, McCain, etc) or any of the Democrats, I am for Ron Paul then!

Last edited by Nirvana-Guy; 11-12-2007 at 10:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections