Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times

Advertisements

Mitch Daniels, this country needs a dose of Indiana style conservatisim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
She doesnt have a history of blood clots, Where did you get that from?

im not talking about what the word independent actually means, im talking about how people use it. I was refering to him meaning moderates, which most people just label independents and us interchangeably.
Where did I get the idea she has had them in the past? it is called reports from the doctors and the media when she had the one in December and research as well: She had her first clot in the mid 1990s and suffers from DVT. DVT sufferers will almost always continue to have blood clot problems.

No, most people who are moderates. which I don't think you show much sign of being, but that isn't here nor there, have a party affiliation.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Mitch Daniels, this country needs a dose of Indiana style conservatisim
I would love to see him run as well, but I think, from some of the comments made by his wife in 2012 it is pretty unlikely. She apparently does not like politics at all. I am also not sure he has the fire in his belly that is needed nor does he have the Wow personality factor that too many base their votes on anymore.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:49 PM

494 posts, read 804,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would love to see him run as well, but I think, from some of the comments made by his wife in 2012 it is pretty unlikely. She apparently does not like politics at all. I am also not sure he has the fire in his belly that is needed nor does he have the Wow personality factor that too many base their votes on anymore.
Considering how many ties he had to the Bush WH i'll pass on Daniels.

My hope is people do some actual research on those who run and that does not include, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, Huffypost and thus opinion laced pieces.

Last thing the GOP needs is another big government/big spending neoconservative like Bush running the show. GOP needs a socially mod BUT FISCALLY Small government minded conservative NOT SOCIAL Conservative. Party does that it wins BIG TIME. Only way to lose it would be sticking another Romney type up there. Hopefully the GOP has wised up but yeah we'll see.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
Considering how many ties he had to the Bush WH i'll pass on Daniels.

My hope is people do some actual research on those who run and that does not include, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, Huffypost and thus opinion laced pieces.

Last thing the GOP needs is another big government/big spending neoconservative like Bush running the show. GOP needs a socially mod BUT FISCALLY Small government minded conservative NOT SOCIAL Conservative. Party does that it wins BIG TIME. Only way to lose it would be sticking another Romney type up there. Hopefully the GOP has wised up but yeah we'll see.
I do like him, I think he would come close to fitting the bill, but I agree with you. I think it is time for the Republicans to get a fiscal conservative, with moderate ideas on social issues. This doesn't mean accepting all social issue changes many would like, but keeping an open mind.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
So who? Me personally. Jesse Ventura,Andrew Napolitano and Gary Johnson.I would only leave the country if Hillary or Michelle Obama were elected in ANY capacity...Mexico here I come...so what about you?
LMAO..yep,some goober is always going to "leave the country if" ;rolleyes:...I notice the population didn't shrink when Obama was elected and dozens of posters were leaving if he did.

I would like to see Kinky Friedman run for POTUS...he couldn't do worse than the last two idiots we have had and he would make State of the Union addresses worth watching...maybe Willie Nelson as VP?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM

172 posts, read 392,110 times
Dr. Ben Carson
David Webb
Dr. Rand Paul
Mitch Daniels

And just for the info....I'm registered Independent.....

Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Alan Grayson
Howard Dean

Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Alan Grayson
Howard Dean
oh holy cow: no, not either of them, the only positive thing would be both could be beaten by almost anyone, but again, I would never want to see one side depend on the other side choosing poorly, just to see our side win...

Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh holy cow: no, not either of them, the only positive thing would be both could be beaten by almost anyone, but again, I would never want to see one side depend on the other side choosing poorly, just to see our side win...
Doubtful. Dean was dominating the 2004 campaign and was all but a shoe-in to destroy W until the party turned on him.

Grayson likely won't get the nom (especially if Hillary runs) but he would make a good VP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections