Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The surest way to a loss is for Republicans to let extremist liberals like you pick their nominee. We need an actual small government conservative, not an extremist liberal, on the GOP ticket. Maybe you liberals should nominate Huntsman, instead of the clown car of radicals that you've nominated over the past 4 election cycles.
For sure, no liberal, extremist or centrist, will ever pick a Republican nominee. The same is true in the reverse.
As i said before, I don't think Huntsman will make the grade, except in an extreme scenario. As Democrats, we are more than happy to let you shoot yourselves in the foot again, just as the Republicans once sat back and enjoyed the Democratic disarray.

Don't fool yourself into believing we are driving a clown car, Trace. That's only your personal dislike for liberals showing up. I may not be realistic, but in all probability, neither are you. You already know there's very little you can say that will change my mind and suddenly return me to conservatism, and the same thing is equally true with me... I know you were never liberal, so there's nothing I can say that will change you. Neither one of us are the Apostle Paul on the road to Tarsus.

But there are lots of voters who are not like us. They're the ones we both need to pay attention to, and if need be, to worry about. And they will never participate in this kind of discussion, so neither of us know much about how they think or vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Joe Lieberman begs to differ.
We are talking about the Joe Lieberman who spoke at the RNC in 2012, correct? I rest my case.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Limited government Republicans are not "far right," despite the protests of big government statists like yourself.
The problem with your statement is that most people who label themselves as "small government Republicans" usually use that phrase in the lane of Grover Norquist ,"so small you can drown it in a bath tub".

many republicans seem to be in favor of that, and not care about the functionality of government.

The same southerns running off at the mouth about how big government is and all these regulation are pissed at the Obama Administration because oil rigs arent checked often enough.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m a Dem who`s ok with Christie but there`s video of him actually shaking hands with that colored muslim fella. He`s out.
You liberals always say your OK with whatever liberal Republican is running. Then in the voting booth you pull the lever for the extremist Democrat time and time again. It' time us conservatives stopped letting radical liberals pick our Presidential nominees. Lockstep liberals aren't voting Republican, no matter how moderate. That was proven with both McCain Nd Romney. It's time for an actual small government conservative. Of course your ok with Christie - he's another big government statist. But even if Christie got the GOP nod, you'd still be voting for whatever clown had a D after its name.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 PM

500 posts, read 375,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARPARP View Post
I want Christie to run. He is the only Republican with a chance of beating Hillary that is seriously talked about, and as of right now Hillary is making signs she will run. The only way they can win w/o Christie is if there is some dark horse candidate we were not suspecting.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are unelectable, and Rubio would face an uphill battle. I don't think it is impossible for Rubio to be elected but improbable. I think Christie would at least stand a 50/50 chance against Hillary.

Paul and Cruz will never, ever, ever be president so quit dreaming. Maybe you want them to, maybe you believe they would be the best president in history, but politics is the art of the possible.

And this nation will never elect a third Bush, even though I like Jeb.
Wrong, on so many levels.

Paul and Cruz are definitely NOT unelectable.

Christie has ZERO chance on his own or as the main guy.

And yes, America WOULD (and likely WILL) elect a third Bush. Bush/Paul or Bush/Cruz would be a knockout and the icing on the cake. They might be too conservative for him, though. I would be inclined to think he would pick Christie as a running mate, which, as much as I really don't like Christie, would also be a knockout.

Last edited by Maxwell Edison; 08-03-2013 at 08:36 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Ted Cruz, seems to be more skilled in debating issues than anyone the Democrats throw out there.
Or the Republicans.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ted Cruz, seems to be more skilled in debating issues than anyone the Democrats throw out there.
Or the Republicans.
Cruz wasn't born in the US; he's a Canadian tho his mom was American. Tho George Romney ran in 1968 but he was a Mexican, something about his parents being US citizens MIGHT have allowed him to win.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We are talking about the Joe Lieberman who spoke at the RNC in 2012, correct? I rest my case.
Yeah, that was after the Democrats purged him for not being an extremist whack job like the rest of the party. Your case is terrible, better go find some evidence.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that was after the Democrats purged him for not being an extremist whack job like the rest of the party. Your case is terrible, better go find some evidence.
I actually meant to say 2008, as he supported McCain and was even going to be his running mate. it is your case that is terrible.

He was also never purged.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Cruz wasn't born in the US; he's a Canadian tho his mom was American. Tho George Romney ran in 1968 but he was a Mexican, something about his parents being US citizens MIGHT have allowed him to win.

I thought that too....

Yet, here we are with him as a potential candidate.
Obama set a precedence, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections