Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I was so angry after the last Republican presidential primary season that I shut off Fox News for close to a year and now I pretty much only watch Cavuto and sometimes The Five (but they were in the tank, too). I think the media picks the candidate who lives in the NY - DC corridor because it's good for their personal careers to have an in with them. They're nobody unless they know somebody. Those guys I mentioned were so verklempt at the slate of candidates not being someone they schmooze with that they went trolling for another candidate that they do schmooze with. C'mon these guys were throwing names around like Bloomberg, Pataki, Christie and George Allen in addition to their friends currently in office in DC and then when there wasn't another candidate to be had they jumped on the Romney bandwagon and pushed him on the rest of us. But only a few hours before they came out for Romney they were soliciting every Tom, Dick and Harry in the NY - DC corridor to run.
I remember how upset your you were and I can't stand Kristol as I said. Krauthammer isn't that bad I don't think. At least he doesn't sit there with that stupid grin on his face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Let me guess..... you think Reagan was good for the Reps

As good as the 80's were with all the happy music and tv and fun and good economy. Reagan overall had some flaws. Huge amounts of spending, war on drugs and deregulation were overall bad for thecountry and have contributed to the horrible state of America today in some ways

Reagan was okay, but not great...... certainly better than Obama or Bush though
yes, yes, and yes!!

yes, he was good for the Reps. the most important thing he did and there were several: he made us proud of our country again. That to me is worth gold.

yes, he had flaws. Every President has, just like we all do; we are human. A lot of what he did, he later regretted, but at least he could admit it.

yes, I think he was great, but that doesn't mean perfect. !!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 02:32 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, yes, and yes!!

yes, he was good for the Reps. the most important thing he did and there were several: he made us proud of our country again. That to me is worth gold.

yes, he had flaws. Every President has, just like we all do; we are human. A lot of what he did, he later regretted, but at least he could admit it.

yes, I think he was great, but that doesn't mean perfect. !!!!
Fair enough.... he did rally the country for sure..... at least half the country did not hate the other half and vice versa like today thanks to the divisive state media we have these days

Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Liz Warren and Morris Dees. It would be like Wyatt Earp cleaning up Dodge.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Any Libertarian.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM

122 posts, read 108,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I would love it if one of those Marxists were the Democrat Party's nominee.
Lol..the american people are dumb enough to vote for one of them for president I bet though.

Quote:
At this stage of the game I really don't have a favorite. I know who I wouldn't want to run, but I don't think we have to worry about that...People like Jesse Ventura, who would not run anyway, would be the biggest embarrassment our country has ever faced. Gary Johnson was a good governor: we lived in the state when he was the governor. He was also very popular, but I think his time has passed. He could not even survive past the first couple of debates last year. He doesn't have the personality that most of our recent Presidents have had and he won't excite anyone.
I am watching Rand Paul pretty closely: as well as Rubio and Susana Martinez of New Mexico, but I don't think she has any interest or sure isn't indicating she does. I do like Christie in many ways, but have some reservations about him. I would have been pushing for J. Bush but I am not excited about the thought of a third Bush. I want new blood, that goes for both sides.
He wasn't allowed in the debates thanks to the immoral way of doing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was hoping Rand Paul would be more like his father, but he is hopelessely partisan and that disqualifies him for me. I'll probably vote for an independent or liberarian candidale.
Yep same here...I am on the RP forums and I am one of 50 or so that hate Rand...I would never vote for him but if he did win it would be without my vote but his presidency I would hope would be better than any in recent memory.
Quote:
And most of us are leaning toward Rand Paul because he isn't his dad, he knows everyone has to give as well as take. So, for you, he isn't like his dad, for many of us that is a good thing, not a bad thing.
So you want someone that throws their principles to the side when it does you good but keeps them close to their chest when it doesn't...well that's Rand for ya.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
And most of us are leaning toward Rand Paul because he isn't his dad, he knows everyone has to give as well as take. So, for you, he isn't like his dad, for many of us that is a good thing, not a bad thing.
I guess you like partisanship then. I liked his father because he was NOT a partisan hack, but talked about issues, which he understood. Partisan hacks spend their time trying to attack and smear political opponents, and I have seen enough of that already.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
So who? Me personally. Jesse Ventura,Andrew Napolitano and Gary Johnson.I would only leave the country if Hillary or Michelle Obama were elected in ANY capacity...Mexico here I come...so what about you?
You may as well leave now as no matter who wins not much is going to change.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:52 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I still hope we have an atheist president, someone with Jeffersonian ideals, Lincoln Charisma and Coolidge's Level-headedness.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
Lol..the american people are dumb enough to vote for one of them for president I bet though.

He wasn't allowed in the debates thanks to the immoral way of doing things.

Yep same here...I am on the RP forums and I am one of 50 or so that hate Rand...I would never vote for him but if he did win it would be without my vote but his presidency I would hope would be better than any in recent memory.

So you want someone that throws their principles to the side when it does you good but keeps them close to their chest when it doesn't...well that's Rand for ya.
wow, how little you know about politics:; who wasn't allowed in the debates? Paul was and so were those who were part of the Republican party. In fact, that is probably what hurt the party the most> There were too many candidates. You can hate anyone you want, but I would say hate is a negative and very damaging trait. I don't know if I hate anyone. I may hate someone's views, but it would be awfully hard to actually hate a human.

As for throwing principles to the wind; have you ever heard and do you understand the word; compromise? or better, know which fights are worth fighting. A good politician has to know which fights to fight.

So you are on the RP forum and you are one of several who do not like Rand. Do you really think, those of us on these forums or similar ones really make much of a difference as to how people will vote? if you do, you probably need to come back to the real world...We are political junkies, most people are not.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections