Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would LIBERALS (not libertarians) vote for Ron Paul?? WHY
Yes, liberals would vote for Ron Paul. 11 52.38%
No, Liberals would die rather then vote for a GOP candidate. 5 23.81%
I don't know / I am not sure. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,860 times

Advertisements

Let me ask you guys... would liberals go Ron Paul in 2008 since Ron Paul is 100% anti-war, while Obama and Hillary would continue with the war until AT LEAST 2013 (according to this one debate they were in, both Hillary and Obama were like "yeah, depending on how ba dthe mess we inherit, we might have to stay at least another 4 years or soo...")???

I am really curious about this since Paul is pro-gun, anti-taxes, and anti-illegals... and these are 3 things liberals hate. But is the liberal hate against the Iraq war enough to drive them to Ron Paul???? Or is that liberals are so anti-war, so pro-gay marriage, and so pro-legalization of drugs that Paul's suit them???

I am extremely curious!! Please vote and tell us why!

Please tell us WHY you think liberals would go Ron Paul on the anti-war issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM

6 posts, read 3,571 times
Personally I want to see Kucinich or Gravel get the democratic nomination but sadly that wont happen. If Obama gets the nomination and it was Obama and Paul I would still vote for Obama based on other issues. If it was Clinton and Paul...I wouldn't vote at all.

I dont think that many dems will vote for Paul just because he's anti-war. His other issues like limited government are just to conservative. He wants to strip the government to nothing basically and leave power up to the states which would cause a problem. If this happened it would feel like we were living in two different countries if you know what I mean.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,112,824 times
If this poll were done by someone not as extremely biased as nirvana-guy, this could be an interesting discussion. Unfortunately, it wasn't, and so we've got another pointlessly loaded poll designed simply for argument.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
I find this interesting.

The front runners on the Democratic side have stated they would not withdraw US forces from Iraq before the end of their first term....

Paul has stated it should take less than a year.

The war is supposedly THE issue of this election and yet people would STILL vote for a candidate who would not do as they wanted.

Kind of odd to me.

I am not opposed to the war and actually think once it started the best course was to finish it,however I will be voting for Ron Paul.

On another note,what issues does Obama favor that are more important?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,437 times
I think people are attracted to him for alot of reasons. Antiwar people like his end the war now position. Potheads like him on his stance on weed. I like him for his staying out of MY business.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Is Best View Post
Personally I want to see Kucinich or Gravel get the democratic nomination but sadly that wont happen. If Obama gets the nomination and it was Obama and Paul I would still vote for Obama based on other issues. If it was Clinton and Paul...I wouldn't vote at all.

I'm sorry, but that's just a cop out. I don't understand why you wouldn't, "vote at all?"

Even Hillary would appoint cabinet positions, advisors, judges, etc. 10X more sympathetic and in-line with whatever values Kucinich and Gravel espouse than leaving the white house to the chance of Republican leadership.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:08 PM

Do you think Paul would be disasterous as President and if so for what reasons?

Smaller government,lower taxes,more personal responsibility,sounds all good to me.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you think Paul would be disasterous as President and if so for what reasons?

Smaller government,lower taxes,more personal responsibility,sounds all good to me.
Politicians' promises and talk always sound good.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Politicians' promises and talk always sound good.
That is true...except Paul has continuously and constantly voted the same way in his political career.

Unlike most politicians who seem to sway back and forth as the winds of change and perceived public opinion blows.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 AM

620 posts, read 2,056,747 times
I'm an admitted liberal but I'm thinking I'll probably vote for Paul. The war is a big reason.

I think anymore I associate republicans with protecting corporate interest more than democrats and that's what really irks me. Maybe that's not fair I don't claim to be an expert. I like Paul because I think he wants to give the government back to the people. His plan to abolish the income tax, the IRS, and the federal reserve and get our brave military out of all the fascistic occupations they are in around world seems more in line with what I know to be "right."

I like Kucinich too..if I had to pick one candidate to have as a room mate, it'd be him. But I know America is not ready for Kucinich. I do think if enough people learn about Ron Paul, he could have a chance. His message is simple and powerful and related to the original spirit of our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections