Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:09 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times

Advertisements

I frankly thought he would have stepped up and said he was running before now.

I hope he does win, I think he has a better chance of winning then the other candidates AND he has experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
He will Re-Invent himself for the 300th time and become the 'Centrist Candidate'.

1. I am not on Al Gore's payroll yet.

2. JFK's people were bootleggers with Al Capone in Canada...and JFK still owes us for
paying one of his gambling debts in 1963. I have never claimed to be a relative.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
He won't run - though if he did, I suspect he would win.

As it is, I expect a Clinton/Obama ticket that will win next November. I think this will happen in spite the obvious energizing of the Republican base that the "evil" Clinton name on the ballot will inspire.

The fact is, it would take a miracle for the Republicans to win next November. Between the unpopularity of the President and the Iraq War and the fracturing of the Republican party that's currently underway, even the threat of having Hillary as the next President is probably not enough to stave of the coming disaster for conservatives. Making things even worse for the Republicans, the Religious Right is pretty disgusted and disheartened with the party. Finally, I suspect any gains the Republicans have made in the rapidly-growing Hispanic vote are likely to be wiped out because the anti-immigration debate tends to come across as racist (even when it isn't). All and all, it's hard for me to imagine a more dismal outlook for the GOP.

Politics tend to sway back and forth, with the all-critical Independants swinging first one way then the other as they become disillusioned with the status quo. For the last decade or so the Independants (such as myself) have been mostly leaning to the right. Now however that has clearly changed and the momentum has shifted to the left and I would expect Democratic gains in both the House and the Senate as well as a Democratic President in 2008.

Tough times for the Republicans for the next decade or so (maybe even longer).

Ken

Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 AM

If I were Al Gore,
I would go to my environmental think-tank group and tell them we need a friendly, domestic energy policy. Like Clean Coal Gasification..turning coal into gasoline on a great scale to get us away from foreign oil sources once and for all. We are in a cost spiral with China needing and getting all of the overseas oil reserves. This new policy and costing would be done under Homeland Security.
Another part of it would be to get away from using our food stock grains for alcohol prodution and make alcohol out of other plant materials...wood (tree tops) and grass, which would put idle farm grassland back into production. This seond idea would make our food grains available to the starving nations again and be a leverage tool to let the UN work with us (and a US President) for a change.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Not only will Al Gore run for president...he will WIN the presidency...see my posts on "WHY AL GORE CAN BE PRESIDENT' for every logical argument about it.

the bottom line is this:

1. Bill Clinton and his wife betrayed Al Gore in the previous election. He will run to satisfy his revenge...two fold...prevent Mrs. Clinton from being elected and win the race as all the other candidates will self destruct in the next year.
2. He feels its his destiny to be President...nothing will keep him from it.

see those other posts. He will skip some of the Primaries...
So you really think Gore will jump in before Jan 2??

Hey, I like Gore better than Hillary and the African American version of Jimmy Carter (a/k/a Obama). At least we know Gore will stop this illegal bullcrap because he truly cares about US workers. I also think Gore is against Nafta, which is another huge plus for him.

But can he actually win??? Nah.... he'd have a MUCH better chance than Hillary and the AA version of Jimmy Carter... but to actually win... nahh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
al gore might win. certainly not hillary and oboma, just another demo clown show. its not hard to beat the republicans bush has seen to it.
Oh I think Hillary will allow the GOP to score anothe rvcictory in 2008. She is a scheming snake and people know that. Obama... HAH!! I'd love him to run as the anti-American guy. That would allow a landslide victory (I am talking way over 60% vote for the GOP). Again, other than Obama's unlimited media support, he is a complete moron. That is why he won't answer some real hard questions. He just gets these BS questions and gives 30 sec answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
I don't think Al Gore will run. I believe he could win if he ran, however. He seems to have found a life outside of politics and plenty to keep him busy.

He probably resents the Clintons somewhat. Gore has always been more progressive than Bill Clinton, though, but I don't think he's so petty to demand revenge. Clinton didn't damage Gore's chances so much as Ralph Nader did. Ralph Nader is a very evil, degenerate man. If he can't see clear differences between the Republicans and Democrats, well, he's just blind. The fact he still has fans is sickening, but you know that's all water on the bridge- nobody is going to be supporting Ralph again.
"Resents the Clintons". Try HATE the Clintons. Specially Hillary. Dick Morrin, who was around these people for almost 10 years said it many times.

I think if Gore gets elected, he'd ship Hillary down to Guantanamo. I wouldn't mind that at all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
He won't run - though if he did, I suspect he would win.

As it is, I expect a Clinton/Obama ticket that will win next November. I think this will happen in spite the obvious energizing of the Republican base that the "evil" Clinton name on the ballot will inspire.

The fact is, it would take a miracle for the Republicans to win next November. Between the unpopularity of the President and the Iraq War and the fracturing of the Republican party that's currently underway, even the threat of having Hillary as the next President is probably not enough to stave of the coming disaster for conservatives. Making things even worse for the Republicans, the Religious Right is pretty disgusted and disheartened with the party. Finally, I suspect any gains the Republicans have made in the rapidly-growing Hispanic vote are likely to be wiped out because the anti-immigration debate tends to come across as racist (even when it isn't). All and all, it's hard for me to imagine a more dismal outlook for the GOP.

Politics tend to sway back and forth, with the all-critical Independants swinging first one way then the other as they become disillusioned with the status quo. For the last decade or so the Independants (such as myself) have been mostly leaning to the right. Now however that has clearly changed and the momentum has shifted to the left and I would expect Democratic gains in both the House and the Senate as well as a Democratic President in 2008.

Tough times for the Republicans for the next decade or so (maybe even longer).

Ken
You are THAT optimistic to think Hillary would pick Obama for VP? I doubt it. I also doubt that Hillaty will actually win the general election. She will gte hammered on many issues... not to mention the many more scandals that will come out in the meantime.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
You are THAT optimistic to think Hillary would pick Obama for VP? I doubt it. I also doubt that Hillaty will actually win the general election. She will gte hammered on many issues... not to mention the many more scandals that will come out in the meantime.
Yeah, actually I am. I certainly think she will pick someone younger and a Clinton/Obama team would generate a lot of excitement in the Democratic base. I think they would then focus on a massive "get out the vote drive" directed towards blacks and women. if they can lock up the majority of these two blocks, it would almost certainly give them a win.

I used to think that Hillary's negatives - specifically the main one - that more than any other Democratic candidate, SHE will energize the Republicans, would make her a poor choice as the Democratic nominee. However, with the religious right pretty disillusioned with performance of the Republicans over the last 7 years, the "Green" Evangelical movement starting to gain traction, and the lack of a real religious-right champion for them this time around, I'm guessing that you'll see a lot smaller turnout from that block (with the Evangelical "Greens" probably even voting Democratic).

Likewise there is other fracturing going on in the GOP. The Neocons are at odds with the traditional Conservatives and if you look at really hard-core rightwing boards such as Hannity.com you'll see that LOTS of those folks are disgusted with the financial irresponsibility of the GOP-led Congress of the last few yeas - and are making serious noises about sitting out the election this time around in order to teach the GOP a lesson. They are also VERY unhappy with their list of choices for President. Those are very bad signs, because those folks are TRUE believers. If they are unhappy with the party, it REALLY spells trouble.

I also suspect, that the GOP - which had been gaining ground among the large and growing Hispanic population, will lose much of that because of their strong stand on illegal Immigration.

All in all, I just can't see how next year can be a good one for the GOP.

... but then again, what do I know?

Ken

Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Extremely doubtful. Although this would be the Republicans only opportunity to try to derail the Hillary express, it appears.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Our gasoline prices will go likely go unchecked because of China's demand for oil...further weakening a worthless dollar.

Look for the economic indicator of a DEPRESSION to come out of California first, when thousands of individuals face foreclousures and bankruptcy..(My sister lives in Dallas, her 85 mile commute costs her and her husband over $2000 per month...that was last year.) People will be moving like they did in the 30's...but to cheap places to live.

(A regional stampede is occuring now OUT of D.C., Maryland and Virginia to, of all places, WEST VIRGINIA to beat down the cost of living. Over 200,000 escapees into the Eastern Panhandle of WV in the past 15 years. We are talking about a 100 mile commute to inner D.C.)

Our most abundant fuel resources, in the USA are coal, garbage and corn. If even one of the candidates had a common sense plan to use these resources wisely and get us away from the Saudi oil blackmail...he would be swept into office...

Instead we hear of Mrs. Clinton getting a free lunch in a greasey spoon in Iowa and not leaving a tip...so what else is new...she must have a poverty complex from living in Arkansas.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i would not think that hillary would pick obama to run with. she would gain nothing by doing that.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:57 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,832 times
It would help to relieve the 'boomer' anchor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections