Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times

Advertisements

Rudy fades to only 3% of the Michigan Primary vote last night. I don't think all the retired NY'ers in FL are gonna save him.

Michigan Republican Party Primary | Campaign 2008 | washingtonpost.com

Robertson's endorsement WAS the kiss of death, even fundies can't stand Wacky Pat. Some idiot campaign advisor probably thought Pat's endorsement would win Rudy the evangelical vote. Hah! What were they thinking - or smoking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default News, Pat Robertson Supports Rudy Guiliani

Robertson's pat on the back hasn't really done much for poor old Rudy. He's going over like a pregnant pole-vaulter.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Robertson's pat on the back hasn't really done much for poor old Rudy. He's going over like a pregnant pole-vaulter.
It may have felt like a pat on the back.... but that sharp knife went in so easy that Rudy didn't even notice - the rube.

Of course, what I've always wondered is if Pat is in cahoots with the other fundie talking heads. I mean, it didn't make sense for any fundie to endorse a thrice-married wife-cheating abortion-favoring candidate. My conspiracy theory is that the fundies all know Pat's wacky personna, so they let Pat 'endorse' Rudy, so that Rudy dies in the polls, which is what the fundies want, i.e., no one running in the GOP who endorses abortion. So, by an all-round agreement of the main fundie talking heads, Pat wastes his worthless endorsement on the one GOP candidate that none of them want to see run for office. If true, it seems to have worked.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:07 PM

SC primary results are in, Rudy is in SIXTH place with just 2% of the vote. I see no way that FL can save him, nor will it. Rudy's out.

South Carolina Republican Party Primary | Campaign 2008 | washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections