Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 01:51 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times

Advertisements

Christie said 1 good thing about Obama and has been torn apart by the right.

Rubio is the main republican pushing this immigration bill and you have the tea party lining up primary opponents for him now.

2 of the most logical choices for the right, yet the right hates them now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Destroy? What are you suggesting? A bulldozer? Maybe dipped in acid?

Old 06-30-2013, 02:11 PM

744 posts, read 1,091,433 times
Teabaggers were quietly grumbling about Marco Rubio years before this immigration bill debate. And it started right about the time he was being talked about as a possible VP contender:

Birthers Now Claim Sen. Marco Rubio Isn’t a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ | TheBlaze.com

Even without the immigration bill debate, teabaggers and birthers would be whining about Marco Rubio, because they claim he isn't a US citizen.

Teabaggers = mental defects.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

Rubio is the main republican pushing this immigration bill and you have the tea party lining up primary opponents for him now.

If he doesn't live by the values of the party that elected him
He should get voted out. Imagine what would happen of a democrat voted not to kill unborn children, not raise taxes, no give amnesty to 11 million law breakers, voted increasing entitlement programs or God forbid decreasing the deficet. I think they would be gone on short order yes?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

first of all; why in the heck do you care, you are a die in the wool Democrat or appear to be and secondly where are you getting your ideas? Yes, Christie upset a few insiders, but that was then, today is today and tomorrow is in our future. Let me add, Christie is not a right winger on most issues and he doesn't pretend to be one. What opponents are the Tea Party lining up and what makes you think all right wingers are connected with the Tea Party? I might support whoever they are lining up, if I or any of us had an idea who that might be? You know, I think you might be better off sticking to Democrat politics unless you can back up your claims? Of course, according to the left, the Tea Party is dead, so why do you even care?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:00 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all; why in the heck do you care, you are a die in the wool Democrat or appear to be and secondly where are you getting your ideas? Yes, Christie upset a few insiders, but that was then, today is today and tomorrow is in our future. Let me add, Christie is not a right winger on most issues and he doesn't pretend to be one. What opponents are the Tea Party lining up and what makes you think all right wingers are connected with the Tea Party? I might support whoever they are lining up, if I or any of us had an idea who that might be? You know, I think you might be better off sticking to Democrat politics unless you can back up your claims? Of course, according to the left, the Tea Party is dead, so why do you even care?
im center. voted independent gov, dem president, republican house, independent senator.

the poster right above you proves my point.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
im center. voted independent gov, dem president, republican house, independent senator.

The poster right above the one you replied to asked why they would or should be expected to vote for someone that doesn't align with their views.

Is this really such an odd concept? I realize that many vote party first, but that seems to me to be the questionable practice.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:

Would this be like what was done to Hillary Clinton when she was running against Obama?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Would this be like what was done to Hillary Clinton when she was running against Obama?
Or Joe Lieberman?

Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

Look closely at the poster right above me: he doesn't prove a thing. He is one of the most liberal posters on these boards. I know you pay close enough attention to know that. Again, I will ask you, who is the Tea Party supporting and pushing? You decided to spin instead of giving an answer. You may have voted for a govn who was running as a Democrat, but I am guessing he/she was a lib. Everything you have posted seems to spell, liberal, maybe I am wrong, maybe you are middle of the road, but you sure couldn't prove it by your postings. That would be like my saying, I am really pretty liberal even though I do vote Democrat sometimes and certainly have voted for independent candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections