Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Well, it's true his incompetence never killed an ambassador and 3 others.
No, Perry simply murdered Cameron Todd Willingham, an innocent man whose three daughters died in a tragic house fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 02:37 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
The Hispanic population is growing to fast in Texas to keep it from turning blue. Perry is probably readying himself for a senate or a presidential run. He can't win the white house after forgetting his own plan on stage at a presidential debate.

But republicans are looking for another loser in 2016, because no one is likely to beat Hillary from the right. So they'll put up another straw man like mittens to lose.

They are focused on the house, senate, and state elections at this point. I don't see a republican winning the white house anytime soon

Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Hispanic population is growing to fast in Texas to keep it from turning blue. Perry is probably readying himself for a senate or a presidential run. He can't win the white house after forgetting his own plan on stage at a presidential debate.

But republicans are looking for another loser in 2016, because no one is likely to beat Hillary from the right. So they'll put up another straw man like mittens to lose.

They are focused on the house, senate, and state elections at this point. I don't see a republican winning the white house anytime soon
I dunno, most 2nd-3rd-plus generation Hispanics I know here vote Republican, not Democrat. You can't assume Hispanics are going to always vote for Democrats.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

Nugent/Palin for 2016!!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
Good to leave on the top. The state is doing well and time to move on. I wish more political leaders would bow out, like Jeb Bush, Spitzer, Weiner, Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstien, Jerry Brown,

Old 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Dan Patrick will be the next Gov. of Texas..
Dan Patrick won't run for Governor in 2014 - he has already announced that he will challenge David Dewhurst for the Lt Governor spot. If Dewhurst decides to go for another term, it will be a bloody election. Some say Dewhurst will go for Governor, but I doubt it - he is seriously damaged by the Cruz campaign/election and the recent chaos in the Texas Senate.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
I don't think he will run...maybe retire...god if he runs, he won't make it to the primary...

I think he did a good job in Texas but he is kind of dingy

Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
what about going for the senate?

is the senate a more presitigious job then being a governor?
It might be more prestigious, it is certainly longer term. I think Rick Perry used to think about running for the Senate, but Kay Bailey Hutchison never would announce a retirement so that he could run for the job (those two did not get along well) - When she challenged Perry for Governor that put a stop to his (possible) Senate ambitions. Now that Cruz has been elected, Perry is unlikely to challenge him unless there is some sort of serious meltdown.

John Cornyn and Ted Cruz both have high favorability in Texas - I don't expect any challenges to their jobs.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I think its funny that liberals and conservatives want politicians for life... I guess I am the only one who wants one-term politicians...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:

you do realize Perry is pro Amnesty or should we say, he believe children here illegally should be allowed instate tuition. and what makes everyone so sure Hillary is going to run and is unbeatable. Just looking at her popularity she looks unbeatable but when it comes to her heath, her letting Obama best her, etc. she might be a heck of a lot more beatable than forever libs would like to think. Let's face it, right now, she is the only thing going for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections