Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 7,669 times

Advertisements

Until a week ago I thought Ron Paul was a nut but for some reason I decided to look up his name on you tube and to be very honest I was very disturbed at what I have learned.

Either this guy is insane or we are in some very serious trouble. The more I read and watched and the more I learned about our government the more distressed I became. I have been watching the dollar fall and the stocks markets sink while energy prices soar and here is this old guy from Texas who is in a postion to know telling us exactly what is happening.

Many of us have often wished for out politicans to be honest, well here is someone. Take the time and learn about the Federal Reserve and about the nature of our foreign policy. Look past the sound bites and find out wHat this hummble guy is trying to say and I promise you, your going to be very surprised, it runs much deeper then it appears.

I no longer think this guy is insane, in fact he is a God send to us, yes I know that is a strong statement, please listen to what he is saying.

Take the time and explore you tube on Ron Paul. Even if you don't like the guy many of the videos are entertaining. I'll leave you with one of my favorites videos below.

I am not connected to Ron Paul or his campaign in any way and I am only writing this to ask other Americans to please at least take alittle time and hear what he is trying to tell us.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Our Power, Our Responsibility (re:treg)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,706,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmoo View Post
Until a week ago I thought Ron Paul was a nut but for some reason I decided to look up his name on you tube and to be very honest I was very disturbed at what I have learned.

Either this guy is insane or we are in some very serious trouble. The more I read and watched and the more I learned about our government the more distressed I became. I have been watching the dollar fall and the stocks markets sink while energy prices soar and here is this old guy from Texas who is in a postion to know telling us exactly what is happening.

Many of us have often wished for out politicans to be honest, well here is someone. Take the time and learn about the Federal Reserve and about the nature of our foreign policy. Look past the sound bites and find out wHat this hummble guy is trying to say and I promise you, your going to be very surprised, it runs much deeper then it appears.

I no longer think this guy is insane, in fact he is a God send to us, yes I know that is a strong statement, please listen to what he is saying.

Take the time and explore you tube on Ron Paul. Even if you don't like the guy many of the videos are entertaining. I'll leave you with one of my favorites videos below.

I am not connected to Ron Paul or his campaign in any way and I am only writing this to ask other Americans to please at least take alittle time and hear what he is trying to tell us.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Our Power, Our Responsibility (re:treg)
Check out Huckabee also....a breath of fresh air.......

Mike Huckabee for President

Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,737,926 times
I was sort of in the same boat as you. I was like I am not going to vote, in fact, I have NEVER registered to vote and I am in my 30's. I looked at the most "publicized" candidates and I thought, "Great, the same corrupted politicians".. Hilliary, Guilani, Edwards, etc. etc. The one thing Republicans and Democrats share is that they can and have been "bought" in the past by big businesses and these candidates were no different. I didn't know about the lesser known candidates until someone brought up Ron Paul. So I researched more about this candidate, not really expecting anything new... I was VERY surprised... Here is a guy that is NOT corrupted and is fighting FOR America and NOT very large corporations. In short, I am registering to vote for the very first time because, finally a candidate that is not corrupt and is here to fight for your rights and mine!

Last edited by evilnewbie; 11-11-2007 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 12:26 PM

238 posts, read 1,141,154 times
He was on Face the Nation today and the Host Bob Schieffer treated him like he was some type of nut. He acted like he really did not want to talk to Dr Paul but someone higher up forced him to.

I suspect Ron Paul will run as an Independent against Hillary and who ever wins the Republican primaries.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,309,993 times
well I'm for him to,but I wouldn't call him a god sent to us,maybe just a prayer answered .

The whole point of America is that the everyday citizen is the backbone and the true reason for America,not a politician that acts like a god,nanny,aristocrat,saviour or king.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:49 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
He was on Face the Nation today and the Host Bob Schieffer treated him like he was some type of nut. He acted like he really did not want to talk to Dr Paul but someone higher up forced him to.

I suspect Ron Paul will run as an Independent against Hillary and who ever wins the Republican primaries.

That would probably clinch it for Hillary, I doubt he would run as a 3rd party again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections