Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM

640 posts, read 461,439 times

Advertisements

Anyone surprised? Personally, I'm not. This is just one more rung down the ladder of ethics that the Clinton's possess. She continues to lose credibility...

Top of the Ticket : Los Angeles Times : Clinton admits planting questions in public forum

And.....

FOXNews.com - Clinton Campaign Confirms Planting Town Hall Question, Says It Won't Happen Again - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Surprised, absolutely not. Disgusted, yes. And people are actually still going to vote for this woman.

And too it proves that she does not believe she can win on her own merit, she needs to put plants in the audience so she can push her own agenda and appear well versed and quick on her feet fielding questions?

She may just do herself in if she keeps these stunts up.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Not surprised.

I'm sure that audiences at ALL of these events have dudes who are planted there, by any or all sides, and who are to ask questions which allow a candidate to expound on their platform, or to ask loaded questions to make the speaker look bad.

Hell, I was a plant who asked a scripted question in a goofy town hall meeting in the Pentagon. The meeting was webcast to the armed forces and we were talking about smart cards and other new technologies. I'm sure it's done everywhere.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:24 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post

But people will still be led like blind sheep and vote for her. It's only when it'll be too late before people will finally see the kind of person she and her no-good husband are.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM

640 posts, read 461,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Not surprised.

I'm sure that audiences at ALL of these events have dudes who are planted there, by any or all sides, and who are to ask questions which allow a candidate to expound on their platform, or to ask loaded questions to make the speaker look bad.

Hell, I was a plant who asked a scripted question in a goofy town hall meeting in the Pentagon. The meeting was webcast to the armed forces and we were talking about smart cards and other new technologies. I'm sure it's done everywhere.
So you're justifying it and saying it's fine?

If the story was about Rudy or Mitt planting a question would you be saying the same thing?

Old 11-10-2007, 01:35 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Obviously even Hillary is embarrassed and realizes she was caught in another questionable act because she is contrite and said it would not happen again. But I am sure there are those followers who will once again give her a pass. . .

Old 11-10-2007, 02:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
This just seems so out of character for the Clintons!

Old 11-10-2007, 02:35 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Surprised, absolutely not. Disgusted, yes. And people are actually still going to vote for this woman.

And too it proves that she does not believe she can win on her own merit, she needs to put plants in the audience so she can push her own agenda and appear well versed and quick on her feet fielding questions?

She may just do herself in if she keeps these stunts up.
Absolutely agree! She cannot win with out cheating!

Old 11-10-2007, 05:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This just seems so out of character for the Clintons!
LOL! Yeah, right! And this is one of their lessen infractions....

Old 11-10-2007, 05:35 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
This is one of the smaller reasons why I hope she doesn't win the nomination. I have to say though, it's more than a little disengenious for any Bush supporters to feign outrage at this, considering he perfected the staged "town halls", the staged "economic conferences", and well, too many staged events with planted questions to list.

I hope liberals don't dismiss this just because it's Clinton doing this, because this is a terrible trend in US politics. But for any conservatives whining about this, get over it. You don't really care about the principle involved here, you just don't like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections