Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:10 PM

238 posts, read 1,141,849 times

Advertisements

I think the media is in bed with the Presidential Candidates. I am tired of them asking the same questions over and over in every debate. It seems like the questions must be cleared with the candidates. Just once I would like to see a question about topics in the news but not talked about all the time.

Here are some ideas:

Clear Cut Logging
Over Population
Why should we let 80% of our immigrants in from Latin America?
The Cost Of College
Year Around Day Light Savings Time
------------------

What are some unusual topics you would like to see asked the Presidential Candidates to really see what they think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 PM

86 posts, read 146,329 times
It isn't so much that the questions aren't being asked, but it's that they aren't being answered.

Personally I'd like answers on a lot of things. If I ever get the chance to ask the questions, believe me, I will. Then I will call out the shenanigan that is usually their answer. That is the same for almost ALL candidates, not just one side.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 AM

36,631 posts, read 67,207,834 times
its how the media help candidates finetune their glibness.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:07 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,502,044 times
The planted question by CNN, do you prefer diamonds or pearls, was especially helpful.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,761,184 times
The same question because the candidates would hopefully be able to articulate it well and not sound completely like idiots (Bush anyone) from impromptu questions. We have idiots as candidates and its a darn shame...

Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,150,774 times
The use of repetition is classic marketing/propaganda. Being most people have attention spans of milliseconds, one has to often repeat a point or mention of an issue in order for the general population to retain it or the message intended to be invoked by a keyword. For instance, "Islamofascism" is one of the latest uses of repetition used to guide public opinion.

When we listen to the debates from either political party, we have to note that it is only half about the candidates and half about trying to formulate what establishment wants the population to be thinking about. I would suggest that every American read at least one or two books on advertising, marketing and an equal number about politics or historical political events to see the use of such ad and marketing philosophies being used.

Keep in mind that what the American population thinks is a commodity that is bought and sold like any other commodity. This is far from being new and the only real difference is the delivery method of the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections