Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 11:03 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times

Advertisements

I've noticed since 2009 that the GOP has been rudderless. The man who guided them for 8 years, the spiritual and ideological champion that the Republican Party drew both strength and inspiration from, George Walker Bush, is now silent and there has been no one to fill the leadership vacuum that Pres. Bush once completely filled.

John McCain was called a "RINO" while the real shining star groomed to replace Pres. Bush, Sarah Palin, was, unfortunately, asked to occasionally answer questions on world affairs. Mitt Romney was exposed as being transparently phony, and his second in command, Paul Ryan, showed he was in over his head in a leadership position.

Conservatives,who can replace George Walker Bush as the leader of the Republican Party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure there's a community organizer out there with no experience who can be propped up by the media somewhere.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:42 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure there's a community organizer out there with no experience who can be propped up by the media somewhere.
It's been 5 years and they still can't find him/her? For this party's sake I hope they emerge soon, because George Walker Bush is prohibited from running for a third term.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've noticed since 2009 that the GOP has been rudderless. The man who guided them for 8 years, the spiritual and ideological champion that the Republican Party drew both strength and inspiration from, George Walker Bush, is now silent and there has been no one to fill the leadership vacuum that Pres. Bush once completely filled.

John McCain was called a "RINO" while the real shining star groomed to replace Pres. Bush, Sarah Palin, was, unfortunately, asked to occasionally answer questions on world affairs. Mitt Romney was exposed as being transparently phony, and his second in command, Paul Ryan, showed he was in over his head in a leadership position.

Conservatives,who can replace George Walker Bush as the leader of the Republican Party?
Well since Bush basically just followed orders given by Karl Rove (or Turd Blossom as Dubya fondly called him) and Dick Cheney, I would say the GOP leader will be whoever Karl Rove picks to be his next hand puppet.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:49 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,618 times
Don't worry Karl Rove is still around. He will find another weak candidate to stuff down our throats.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Well since Bush basically just followed orders given by Karl Rove (or Turd Blossom as Dubya fondly called him) and Dick Cheney, I would say the GOP leader will be whoever Karl Rove picks to be his next hand puppet.
You're giving too much credit to Rove. Rove is an adviser and a tactician, nothing more, though a very accomplished one. Remember, Bush hired Rove, not the other way around. While Dubya isn't an intellectual thinker, he's not as dumb as people make him out to be. He does have pretty sharp political instincts to an extent. I'd give him credit for not alienating Latinos like his counterparts in California (and other places) have done (he did get 40+% of the Hispanic vote in 2004, which has steadily gone down since), and advising other GOP politicians against Hispanic-bashing (which fell on deaf ears). He also felt, privately, that Palin was way over her head in 2008.

As for Cheney - the gentlemen's agreement between he and Dubya was that Cheney would cover more of the foreign policy bit and Bush had more emphasis on domestic policy. Which does make some sense given Cheney's prior experience in Bush the Elders' administration as Defense Secretary. Even so, their "camps" did have some tension between them, particularly more towards the end of GWB's second term...and Cheney was getting sidelined a bit towards the end.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:58 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,194,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
a community organizer
I always giggle myself into incoherency whenever I read a hater's post saying this.

"a community organizer"...

I mean...can anyone think of a BETTER way to start off in politics than getting diverse citizens in a community to agree on whatever and do something about it together AND doing it on a volunteer basis?

Of course, one particular "community organizer" then became a state senator - usually not mentioned because...you know...the haters can't embellish the resume beyond "community organizer" otherwise reality starts setting in and that's a no-no for haters.

That same "community organizer" then went on to become a US Senator - also unmentioned, same reason.

And, strangely, now that same "community organizer" has a full term of Presidency under his belt and is working on a second one, too!

"a community organizer".

Insignificant experience.

[but watch for those others just starting out now organizing communities - they may surprise us in 10-15 years, huh!]

Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Don't worry Karl Rove is still around. He will find another weak candidate to stuff down our throats.
......and then throw a hissy fit when that candidate loses.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
It's hilarious for the left to be worrying about the GOP when the Democratic Party doesn't have a leader themselves.

The person who they fancy to be their leader has a dismal just over 40% approval rating.

This thread is all about deflecting attention away from that inconvenient fact.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:09 PM

99,517 posts, read 4,489,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
......and then throw a hissy fit when that candidate loses.
LOL...I can't wait to see another meltdown when he argues with Fox News' decision desk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections