Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,667,371 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, Check this out:

Mike Huckabee for President - Issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 12:48 PM

186 posts, read 334,771 times
He needs to come out stronger on this issue. This is most important issue of our times.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,776,370 times
I agree that he is tough on border control but not on the illegal immigrants currently in our country... he wants to subsidize by giving our tax dollars to the children of the illegal immigrants over the children of our citizens... its not all black and white...

Old 12-01-2007, 02:27 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,379,120 times
All I know is I don't think this country could survive another Ex-Governor from Arkansas

Old 12-02-2007, 11:39 AM

640 posts, read 459,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I agree that he is tough on border control but not on the illegal immigrants currently in our country... he wants to subsidize by giving our tax dollars to the children of the illegal immigrants over the children of our citizens... its not all black and white...
You do realize that these scholarships were based on merit, right? The scholarships are driven by test scores ~ not race. If there are children in our public schools who are doing so well, then they deserve scholarships regardless of their race. I mean, how does a 6-year old stop his mom from crossing the Rio Grande? He's here by no fault of his own. He went to school and became a scholar ~ only in America. :-)

Old 12-02-2007, 12:24 PM

You do realize that these scholarships are going towards ILLEGAL children right? You give them one, you take away another from a LEGAL child... money don't grow on trees and I sooner support the legalized children of the U.S. then an illegal one.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:39 PM

But you missed my point ~ how does a 6 year old change the fact that he or she is here illegally? You simply can't. Let them go to school and do well. They deserve the same education as anyone kid in America.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Its not a 6-year but an 18-year old... We are talking about college education. They are already taking advantage of our free education system. If they really want an education, I believe their own country has their own collegiate educational system. If you really want an education and your citizenship is not here, then i suggest you go back to your own country (by the way, its where you really should be) and start your education there. If you really want an education here, well guess what, so do the LEGAL international students who come here and pay international rates. You want an education, nobody is denying you it but you persist to break the laws and reap its benefits. I think not..

Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 PM

LOL!! How do you know that these 18-year olds didn't come to this country when they were 6 or 7-year olds and have been attending school all this time?? You don't. Neither do I. I DO know that they are here now and they are students who have done exceedingly well. They deserve a scholarship to go further in their education. Maybe they will use their education and figure out a way to solve immigration issues for us all one day...

Old 12-02-2007, 01:22 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,503,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
LOL!! How do you know that these 18-year olds didn't come to this country when they were 6 or 7-year olds and have been attending school all this time?? You don't. Neither do I. I DO know that they are here now and they are students who have done exceedingly well. They deserve a scholarship to go further in their education. Maybe they will use their education and figure out a way to solve immigration issues for us all one day...
People in our country illegally don't deserve scholarships or anything else for that matter. Shall we all just start sending our paychecks to foreign countrys because they have deserving people too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections