Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,083,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Might explain why my city still has a reasonable cost of living for the average individual.
Yes, and I hope that you can keep it that way in your city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 PM

384 posts, read 1,129,012 times
Self-deportation tactics is what I want to see in a candidate. Why waste our tax-payer dollars shipping these guys back to their country of origin when we can fine businesses thousands of dollars and force them to fire their illegal workers? After firing these workers, they will have no jobs and be forced to move back to their homeland. Simple as pie.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:29 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,500,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
People often don't know how extremely serious the situation is, lucky to be in area where gov. systems not overwhelmed and broken, where people still have basic needs met. My father came from ND. A trip to L.A. and other big cities is is telling. So many citizens are living a hell. Illegals overcrowded CA so much that they and citizens have fled to other states where they continue to increase. White population is growing by a minus, but Hispanic population is growing by 60+%...this is the key to doomsday they say. Illegal immigration has ruined health care for the poor in a big way and now the middle class, and has put poor on streets where families have largest growing homeless rate of 60% rise last year, social security has been stressed due to both illegals and baby boomers, SSI. Education has been overwhelmed. Welfare the same, illegals not eligible but they live off their kids welfare and have plenty of kids. Hundreds of hospitals have had to close due to illegals. A domino effect on destroying citizen's lives. Rental prices have gone up and up since '84 due purely to illegal migration. People might make half of what a cheap rental costs now. Wages have been depressed for lower wage earners and now illegals often make more than citizens in jobs. The more people that come the more government systems are broken. While some people are upset about not hearing English spoken in public, seeing only non speaking Hispanics in public and not their own kind, hearing/seeing Spanish signs music in stores...feeling they are living south of the border, that all pales in comparison to when the above problems hit you personally and all the fears of the worst criminal behaviors are here as well.
You have got to post this on the immigration forum, Faith. You sum up much of what needs to be said to the pro-illegals that don't understand the problem with open borders. Without action this scenario will be country wide before long.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,817,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, first let me state that where I live, we do not yet have problems with illegal aliens. There are a few mexican around, but I have no knowledge of their illegal status, and since the numbers I can count on one hand, I'm not as concerned as most.

That being said, if you were running for president, what would your proposal be on dealing with the illegal aliens.

1) I dont see throwing them all out viable, since our lower wage economy relies on them, and the numb
20million somewhere but dont quote the figure)
2) Allowing them all to stay, dont see that viable either, especially since I think other areas are hurting because of the numbers.

Is there a happy medium in there somewhere? If you were running for president, how would your public statements be any different then your private thoughts? (Seriously we all know its different so dont deny it). Is this problem regional, and would you base a "compromise" based upon regions? (as I started out, we dont have a problem here)

Please dont respond with blanket statements like "throw them out" without really thinking about how you could carry out such a plan, considering that throwing them out in Texas, is obviously easier then say.. North Dakota..
Friends of mine in Orlando report the numbers of aliens has diminished greatly in Central Florida because one of the big magent for illegals is gone (construction jobs). So they are self-deporting. Also the fact that the illegals CANNOT get driver's licenses is helping too!

No, you do not have to deport all 20 million. Mind you a good chunck of these are children and elderly who come for free education and free healthcare.

Not only that, you can deport them and they can come back under the EXISTING guest worker programs H-2A, H-2B, and H-1A. These are for agriculture (A category) and non-skilled workers (B category), which are hotel workers, housekeepers, etc.

So we HAVE a system, but it is cheaper for companies to hire the illegals and better for the illegals so they don't pay taxes and send the money to their countries tax free.

DEPORT ILLEGALS! LET THE MARKET ADJUST! LET US WORKERS GET PAID MORE AND GET EBENFITS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections