Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I just found it interesting how much they started talking about him out of the blue for about 4-5 weeks, then suddenly they start reporting that his polling numbers are going up a point, and then BAM! He gets almost as much time as Rudy and Romney at the debate. Then he jumps a few more points in the polls. Looks very peculiar to me.
He might do ok in Iowa...New Hampshire...not so much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 04:13 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Why wouldn't Fred pick Ron Paul as his running mate? They'd make quite the team.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:22 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Perhaps because the OP's topic isn't reality. According to the FEC's web site:
  • Mitt Romany's net receipts are $62,829,068;
  • Rudy Giuliani's net receipts are $45,846,956;
  • John McCain's net receipts are $30,413,730;
  • Fred Thompson's net receipts are $12,828,110; and
  • Ron Paul's net receipts are $8,268,451.
Which only goes to prove that the media doesn't deal with reality and you can't believe what they report, you have to go to the source.
Lol, it might change things if you pay attention to the fact that your posted numbers are through the end of September. Which means these totals show NOTHING of the current 10+million Ron Paul has raised already in the 4th quarter.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Lol, it might change things if you pay attention to the fact that your posted numbers are through the end of September. Which means these totals show NOTHING of the current 10+million Ron Paul has raised already in the 4th quarter.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the 4th quarter isn't over until the end of this month. Even if your fantasy is true and Ron Paul raised an additional $10 million (ROFL!) in just the 4th quarter he still hasn't "blown away" McCain or surpassed Romney or Giulani, not even close and he never will.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Well the point of this piece which not surprisingly apparently escapes some people is that nearly all of Ron Paul's donations are from small contributors. Unlike other candidates like Giuliani who actively campaign in foreign nations and loves lobbyist, and others like Romney who loaned themselves upwards of 15 million or more.

Unlike polls which can give a result by the very manner of which they ask the questions, small donations by thousands of voters would be a more accurate indicator of voter intent as people are putting their money where their mouth is. A lesson many folks could stand well to learn.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-08-2007 at 11:13 AM..

Old 12-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but the 4th quarter isn't over until the end of this month. Even if your fantasy is true and Ron Paul raised an additional $10 million (ROFL!) in just the 4th quarter he still hasn't "blown away" McCain or surpassed Romney or Giulani, not even close and he never will.
No bubble to burst here. You posted a total of contributions through the 3rd quarter to try to disprove the OP that focused on the 4th quarter. Kind of a disconnect in logic, so I tried to point out that small tidbit.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
No bubble to burst here. You posted a total of contributions through the 3rd quarter to try to disprove the OP that focused on the 4th quarter. Kind of a disconnect in logic, so I tried to point out that small tidbit.
You are mistaken, I posted the actual facts about the net receipts of the candidates to completely disprove the OP's fantasy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Blown away some time ago were Hunter, Tancredo, McCain, and Huckabee. Now in two months surpassing Thompson, Romney, and Giuliani, but this isn't the half of it, as the next grass roots money bomb is likely to put his quarterly intake at pushing the 15 million mark. All in folded little small donations by a great many supporters.
Ron Paul doesn't even have half the net receipts of McCain, or a fifth of Giuliani's total contributions. Even if the OP fantasy were to come true and Paul were to raise an amazing $15 million in one quarter (there is no substantiation this is even remotely true) while the other candidates were not able to raise a single penny, Ron Paul STILL would not exceed the net receipts of McCain, Giuliani, or Romney. So the OP assertion is entirely fictitious.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:29 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
You are mistaken, I posted the actual facts about the net receipts of the candidates to completely disprove the OP's fantasy:

Glitch, what is my fantasy? Please for the damn love of God, tell me what is my fantasy for the record and for everyone here to see, tell us, otherwise you are merely flaming and a flaming is something you seem to be excelling at.

Ron Paul doesn't even have half the net receipts of McCain, or a fifth of Giuliani's total contributions. Even if the OP fantasy were to come true and Paul were to raise an amazing $15 million in one quarter (there is no substantiation this is even remotely true) while the other candidates were not able to raise a single penny, Ron Paul STILL would not exceed the net receipts of McCain, Giuliani, or Romney. So the OP assertion is entirely fictitious.
Once again Glitch, what is my assertion since you are not reading it when I post it for the board. Please stop flaming and answer one simple question for the record... .WHAT IS MY ASSERTION?

Christ all mighty, try accuracy for once, just once.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You posted the net reciepts through the 3rd quarter. The post was about not only the 4th quarter, but the average donation size which point to how many people have donated. But thats okay if you prefer to change the subject to totals through 9/30/07. Nobody has disputed that those totals are correct btw.

Quote:
Sorry, I missed where there was an assertion that the 4th quarter would make RP the highest fundraising republican for 2007. Could you kindly point that out?

Old 12-08-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Once again Glitch, what is my assertion since you are not reading it when I post it for the board. Please stop flaming and answer one simple question for the record... .WHAT IS MY ASSERTION?

Christ all mighty, try accuracy for once, just once.
How many times must I repost your bogus claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper
Blown away some time ago were Hunter, Tancredo, McCain, and Huckabee. Now in two months surpassing Thompson, Romney, and Giuliani...

Your above statement is flat out wrong, as I have amply demonstrated.

Last edited by Glitch; 12-08-2007 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: uote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections