Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:23 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,815,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
No one is judging anyone, just following the Bible.
And I don't know about Episcopalians, but if they are Bible believing then they are of the same belief.
Traditional Episcopal belief was bible believing. Not evangelical, more RC and/or Orthodox Christian. I was raised in the church.

I left the church the day they elected the homosexual bishop in NH. To date, many churches have left and so have 4 entire Dioceses. They are the ones who do not believe in homosexuality. I now go to a traditional Anglican church or an Orthodox Christian one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 07:30 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And let the 1st person who isn't themself a sinner be the one to label anyone else sinful.
No one is labeling anyone else a sinner. Everyone is a sinner. Just stating that homosexual sex is a sin.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
No one is labeling anyone else a sinner. Everyone is a sinner. Just stating that homosexual sex is a sin.

I have the feeling his '92 cpmments will fade into the background fairly quickly. If he continues polling strongly I believe we'll be seeing Wayne DuMond mentioned frequently and if he wins the nomination, for every Rove there's a Carville, I don't think it'll be pretty.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Some churches used to teach that ALL Sodomy (which, traditionally, meant ALL forms of non-vaginal intercourse) were "sins."

Somewhere along the lines, sodomy has been used to describe only one certain act, and straight people enjoy all sorts of non-vaginal sex.

So is everyone with even a marginally interesting sex life a sinner? If so, why so much attention on one FORM of non-vaginal sex (which all homosexuals don't even partake in), and not spend so much time talking about how people who engage in oral sex are sinners?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Some churches used to teach that ALL Sodomy (which, traditionally, meant ALL forms of non-vaginal intercourse) were "sins."

Somewhere along the lines, sodomy has been used to describe only one certain act, and straight people enjoy all sorts of non-vaginal sex.

So is everyone with even a marginally interesting sex life a sinner? If so, why so much attention on one FORM of non-vaginal sex (which all homosexuals don't even partake in), and not spend so much time talking about how people who engage in oral sex are sinners?
Wow thanks for the graphic sex ed lesson, I think it pretty much has to do with two males or two females,. are you saying that a husband and wife having oral sex are commiting sin? Nevermind dont answer that . I feel like I need a shower!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:00 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Women wearing pearls and gold should also be meted out the punishment of hell.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Back to the original point of the thread.

Would these quarantines be required? Between that and cutting funding, it sounds like people will be placed in the equivalent of a concentration/internment camp. They'll be quarantined with funding cut, and since its a quarantine you have to ask if they can see families or ever leave. So someones rights are taken away because they got sick or they were born different. What about a healthcare worker who gets infected? What about someone who goes over to Africa for foreign aid and gets infected?

Creepy

It would be one thing if optional care was given if you are willing to subject yourself to extra tests or new treatments, but Huckabee sounds a bit to creepy for me.

I wasn't planning on voting Republican or Democrat, but I definitely will not vote for Huckabee and I will try to talk people out of it now.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Wow thanks for the graphic sex ed lesson, I think it pretty much has to do with two males or two females,. are you saying that a husband and wife having oral sex are commiting sin? Nevermind dont answer that . I feel like I need a shower!
Oh, so sitting around discussing homosexual sex is an intellectual exercise, but "god forbid" (no pun intended) we discuss the traditional definition of sodomy, and what "traditional" society felt was "sinful" and "aberrant"? Yes Virginia, heterosexual oral sex was forbidden as abnormal and sinful and degrading in this country for much of its history.

Seriously, all you have to do is read up on the etymology of the word. Pack that on top of what many biblical scholars say about the King James version of the being out of sync and out of context in many parts of its translation from the original versions, etc....

But you probably have already heard all that, and simply don't understand. OR, like many, you have a preconception or aversion to homosexuality, can't come up with reasons beyond the "ick" factor, and thus use the bible as a crutch and shield to defend your point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections