Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times

Advertisements

Caught some of the Chris Matthew show this am and was surprised when he showed a recent clip of Hillary speaking and he refered to her as being unattractive and nasty.

Then Mattews stated that Obama was the "electable one."

It looks like Obama may be the new darling of the left. Could Oprah's support have something to do with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Maybe she refused to come on his show.

I think Oprah will lend alot of weight and support for Obama to many leftists. I prefer this team to the HillBill machine, if I had to vote that way. Thankfully, I do not.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,947 times
Hillary's Speech Unattractive and Nasty....that's no surprise. Hilliary is just plain nasty.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Caught some of the Chris Matthew show this am and was surprised when he showed a recent clip of Hillary speaking and he refered to her as being unattractive and nasty.

It looks like Obama may be the new darling of the left. Could Oprah's support have something to do with this?
Which speech is Chris Matthew referring? Thanks.......

Old 12-09-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Which speech is Chris Matthew referring? Thanks.......
It was a recent speech where she was dissing Obama. She said do you want someone who has been running for President ever since he was elected into the senate. She also said something to the effect; I didn't realize that running for President was what made one qualified for being President. Typical pitbul Hillary.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Maybe she refused to come on his show.

I think Oprah will lend alot of weight and support for Obama to many leftists. I prefer this team to the HillBill machine, if I had to vote that way. Thankfully, I do not.
lol. Yes I did notice that poor Oprah is back again to being overweight.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I still believe Hillary will win over Obama. Obama seems like a nice candidate, and I'm sure the Republicans wish he were running on their side, but I think Hillary is going to be the Democratic candidate for President.

It's really a shame that the Republicans have absolutely no one running for President this year.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Obama seems like a nice candidate, and I'm sure the Republicans wish he were running on their side. . .
Obama "seems like a nice candidate" What in your mind qualifies as a "nice" candidate?

And, you are"sure that republicans wish he were running on their side." ???

Um, if any republican wants to vote for an inexperienced liberal democrat they are welcome to cross over and vote for him.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:57 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post

A couple of things...

First, Chris Matthews saying something bad about Hillary Clinton is about as surprising as seeing Rudy Guiliani in divorce court.

Matthews has had a vocal dislike of Clinton for years, so these comments don't represent any shift for him, and certainly not for "the left". Matthews doesn't speak for "the left" any more than I speak for you. As a Bush voter at least in 2000, Matthews could only be a liberal if you think O'Reilly is centrist.

Second, Obama has been the darling of the left for four years, it is what has allowed him to be a presidential front runner after only a few years in the US Senate. Oprah's support certainly won't hurt, but I don't think people respond to endorsements quite like the right fears.

Last edited by jdiddy; 12-09-2007 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
I think Obama is genuine and sincere, so he is called "naive". He is just a little mixed up on his politics. And I do think he would be a good addition to the other side, again, when he gets his views straightened out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections