Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 01:41 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Nobody post any dollar numbers. Not interested in generosity, just the act.

Just want to know under what conditions would you give money to a Presidential candidate. For example, is it because you don't want the other guy to win? Because you like a candidate's experience or position on a particular issue? Is it because your Union, spouse, boss, organization or some other entity suggests it? Have you ever given money to more than one candidate in the same race? If you do give money are you more likely to give it to the political party or a particular candidate? When are you more likely contribute money (primary/general election)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Under that little check mark on my tax form.. Would you like to donate $3 to a presidential campaign..

It does absolutely nothing.. Doesnt even donate money because under federal law, candidates are entitled to matching funds regardless to people checking that mark or not. Almost a mute question if you ask me.

Until then.. I've donated time to one campaign, donated to my own campaign once.. other then that.. I find very few nowadays worth while.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I would require the following:
1. Never held office before
2. Campaign actually reflect the needs of the voters
3. Hard line against illegal immigration
4. hardline against employers of Illegals
5. Hardline against any country that commits or supports terrorists. To include our own, and Israel.
6. Must be against Nation building
7. Us troops may only be under US command. ie no more UN BS missions.
8. For guarding and securing the borders
9. End NAFTA
10. Revisit all trade agreements any that are unfair towards the US will be canceled.
11. For immeadiate prosecution of any corrupt politician no matter what level of office they hold.
Hmmm #11 disqualifies any current or fore seeable future politicians.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:30 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
I did donate. To whom and why? Fred Thompson, because he means what he says and says what I believe in more than any of the other electable candidates. He's the closest thing to a true conservative that I feel is electable. He's tough on terror, illegals and wants smaller government, more done at the state level as the constitution intended. He's not wordy or overly funny ha ha. He walks softly but carries a big stick. A no nonsense kind of guy which we need.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I did donate. To whom and why? Fred Thompson, because he means what he says and says what I believe in more than any of the other electable candidates. He's the closest thing to a true conservative that I feel is electable. He's tough on terror, illegals and wants smaller government, more done at the state level as the constitution intended. He's not wordy or overly funny ha ha. He walks softly but carries a big stick. A no nonsense kind of guy which we need.
Yeah I kind of like Fred ore than the others also, but I doubt he will be elected. He isn't part of the DC clique.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Donated earlier today to Mr. Paul. Because he needs all the money he can get.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:15 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Donated earlier today to Mr. Paul. Because he needs all the money he can get.
I've donated quite a bit to RP's campaign, and it was all to pi$$ Glitch off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections