Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,292,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Don't you just love when people are "forced" to pay money to the government and when they are allowed to get it back the left rants against it. If I had a choice I wouldn't be force to pay SS either and would save and invest on my own. But since I am forced lefties better damn well believe I have every intention of taking it back.
I am damn well laughing at you. Damn well believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,297,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The voters in VA's 7th district would disagree. Oh wait, they already did.
Funny you say that, he only won the Republican Primary for the district, and unless Virginia changed their rules since I moved away, primaries are open elections therefore anyone in the district could vote for a person regardless of political position, but they can only vote in one primary election.

It would be easy for Democrats to vote for the guy that should be easy to beat in the general election. Or maybe the extreme right wingers showed up to vote out Cantor, either way, Cantor is gone and I am happy for that.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,292,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But...it is the governments job to steal her money to make others happy????
Who said anything about taxes being used to make people happy? And being taxed isn't theft. Says right there in your constitution, doesn't it? Something about the government having the right to levy taxes. In what state's criminal code is being taxed categorized as theft?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:53 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,780,434 times
who gives a crap. the public school extorts millions to push their weirdo agenda. if I read correctly, at least this guy gets the money from a bank grant. I also don't really think having a program/society/class equates to "pushing an idea." people choose to do those things. fratboys don't push "rape." however, if you join one.............................

Last edited by lionsgators; 06-11-2014 at 02:03 PM..

Old 06-11-2014, 01:55 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,789,134 times
Ayn Rand writes Mary Sue characters to convince rich people that they did it all by themselves and therefore everyone should worship them.

I honestly think her novels were mostly about her personal journey to find a rich boyfriend.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:56 PM

14,143 posts, read 5,717,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny you say that, he only won the Republican Primary for the district, and unless Virginia changed their rules since I moved away, primaries are open elections therefore anyone in the district could vote for a person regardless of political position, but they can only vote in one primary election.

It would be easy for Democrats to vote for the guy that should be easy to beat in the general election. Or maybe the extreme right wingers showed up to vote out Cantor, either way, Cantor is gone and I am happy for that.
Okie doke. Keep thinking Brat will lose because the nefarious Dem primary voters have some grand strategy....for a district that has been unbroken Republican since 1970. I don't know, a district that is 44 years rock solid Republican, who turned out to give a 12% margin of victory to the person they think should be the Republican candidate.....

Cantor's campaign believed he was ahead by 34 points, so the "conspiracy" to get Brat the win would involve a lot of Democrat operatives, given the 65k that did vote, and the 46 point swing from what Cantor was expecting.

And have you read the saga about Trammell and Dickinson, with Dickinson saying in May he was the Dem candidate, and the Dems saying no, he didn't do the right paperwork, Trammell announcing his campaign on Twitter yesterday, and Dickinson now running as an Independent write in, along with Libertarian James Carr. Yeah, really organized effort on behalf of the DNCC to sabotage Cantor...NOT. Brat ran a good primary campaign, and voters in VA-7 have been growing sick of Cantor for years. They picked their new guy, and he'll win that election handily.

But you keep believing in the DNCC. By all means...

Old 06-11-2014, 02:01 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,807,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes he did. You never watched the interview. All because someone said.

All I know is that if you take the long run graph over 200 years of the wage rate it cannot differ from your nations productivity. You can't make up wage rates. You have to raise productivity then the wage rate follows. You cannot artificially make up wage rates they have to relate to productivity.
Productivity has increased and wages have stagnated or decreased.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:10 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This guy probably wont even get elected in the congressional election, but if he does, he won't remain in congress for long. He's too extreme for his district.

Dave Brat Runs A $500,000 Program To Push Ayn Rand's Ideas At College
WOW, we read this on an ultra liberal blog that thrives on negative posting about Republicans and we are supposed to go into cardiac arrest or are we supposed to let everyone we know in his district he is bad news? Why Are you worrying? If he is too extreme for his district he will lose right, and if he isn't another conservative will get elected.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:47 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,923,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Productivity has increased and wages have stagnated or decreased.
Wages have increased in those industries where productivity has increased.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:51 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Sounds great, can't get more wingnut than a Rand fanatic.

Just ask him what to do with the disabled, poor, and orphans and watch him twitch. No government programs, taxes are evil, and even giving to the poor privately is considered immoral in Objectivism.
has anyone ever said all taxes are evil or we should let people starve? Of course not. Have you visited many other countries and seen how they handle poverty? I am guessing you have not. Maybe, before you judge you should do some research...and do you believe every thing you read? If you do, you need to wise up a little?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections