U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 PM

38 posts, read 56,065 times

Advertisements

So, our population is now 3-million plus (I don't know if they even counted all the illegals mexico has dumped on us)...

...and Hillary Clinton, in her presumptuousness, actually believes SHE should now be president?

...and IF she wins the White House, the recent succession of Occupants would actually read:

BUSH, CLINTON, BUSH, CLINTON.

How bizarre is that?

Is this country on drugs, or what?

That doesn't even sound like a democracy.

Out of 3-million plus, that's the best we can do?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM

605 posts, read 858,727 times
I hope you realize America has a bit more than 3 million people

Old 12-30-2007, 09:04 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,163,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
I hope you realize America has a bit more than 3 million people
I was going to respond, but the number threw me for a loop. I didn't know if I was screwed up on what he was talking about or if he was screwed up.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,268,556 times
Tioga, you can relax now. Hillary knew that when the population was only 3 million, she needed to wait. As she wasn't born yet, women weren't allowed to vote, and Jefferson was still banging his slaves, it was an easy choice for her to make.

But now that its 3 million plus 298 million, well, you're right. She's got some nerve, thinkin she can become preznit.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:03 AM

13,402 posts, read 18,202,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Tioga, you can relax now. Hillary knew that when the population was only 3 million, she needed to wait. As she wasn't born yet, women weren't allowed to vote, and Jefferson was still banging his slaves, it was an easy choice for her to make.

But now that its 3 million plus 298 million, well, you're right. She's got some nerve, thinkin she can become preznit.
Haha that made me giggle.

But to the OP- look at all the candidates. Really, is this the BEST we can do? The ones worth any time (McCain, Paul, Biden, Richardson.. IMO) get no air time. Obama and Edwards get screen time because they're cute (and as a heterosexual female, I find Biden to be MUCH more attractive), Hillary because she's Hillary, Romney because he happened to be the Republican governor of the most liberal state in the country (back when he was a liberal too...), and Huckabee gets air time because him and Chuck Norris are buds. Really, is this how our elections are going to be? I don't remember an election in my lifetime, however short that may be, where I could look at the candidates on BOTH sides and think "hmm.. who should I chose? They're all so great!" It's depressing.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,372,650 times
If that were to happen it sure would be bizarre?

We will be in deep poo real quick if it does happen like that.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM

539 posts, read 1,776,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tioga7 View Post
So, our population is now 3-million plus (I don't know if they even counted all the illegals mexico has dumped on us)...

...and Hillary Clinton, in her presumptuousness, actually believes SHE should now be president?

...and IF she wins the White House, the recent succession of Occupants would actually read:

BUSH, CLINTON, BUSH, CLINTON.

How bizarre is that?

Is this country on drugs, or what?

That doesn't even sound like a democracy.

Out of 3-million plus, that's the best we can do?

Exactly. We've already had 20 years of Bush/Clinton (the first Bush was elected in 1988). Do you really want another 4 years of this mess? Hilary is a typical politician; she is bought and paid for by PACs and special interest groups already at this early stage of the game. Obama, on the other hand, is a much more grassroots-driven candidate - he has by far the highest percentage of contributors to his campaign who are classified as "small donors" - those who contribute $200 or less to the campaign. If Hilary gets elected, she will be the typical puppet that politicans are because of campaign financing.

With that being said, I'm asking, no begging people to not vote for Hilary. I already have made up my mind on Obama, but truth be told I don't care if you vote for Edwards, just don't pick Hilary! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping she won't do well on the primaries and will end up not getting the nomination this summer. However I understand that she has just as good a chance as anyone of earning the nomination. With that being said, if she does get the nomination, VOTE REPUBLICAN! I'm an independent with a liberal bias but I must say that if Hilary is the Democratic candidate, I will vote Republican just to make sure she doesn't win! I don't really like Giulani and I think Romney's OK but either of those guys would be better than yet another Clinton in the White House.

_

Old 01-01-2008, 08:48 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,723,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
Exactly. We've already had 20 years of Bush/Clinton (the first Bush was elected in 1988). Do you really want another 4 years of this mess?

_
No. Not on your life. But I'm afraid we're going to get it anyway whether we want it or not.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM

13,869 posts, read 24,762,444 times
Well, if Hillary is successful and becomes President for 8 years, it will be a total of 28 years of Bush /Clinton. By the way, Jeb Bush will be 62 in 8 years.

Hmmmm

Old 01-01-2008, 09:36 PM

7,139 posts, read 13,629,837 times
Think ole Jeb will have grown some leadership and wisdom by then? Wonder why pops couldn't hand it down to the kids?? Is there a wisdom gene missing from them, I wonder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections