Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 05:15 AM

8,922 posts, read 5,670,672 times

Advertisements

Well, considering the Republicans don't believe in science, it fits right in to their "stupid" partys agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 05:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,591,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I assume your doctor only has a high school degree because you don't want a degreed idiot for your medical care.
Some things require special instruction. And some things don't. Leadership and good business sense are things you can learn on the streets. Apples and oranges. People have already done more with common sense than some with a degree and saddled with tons of student loan debt.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:20 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,591,640 times
I repeat.... We have a Havard grad right now, helping and siding with Iran in getting a nuclear bomb. How's that for a college education ?

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, considering the Republicans don't believe in science, it fits right in to their "stupid" partys agenda.
What kind of logic is that supposed to be. So a person doesn't have a college education, now the party doesn't believe in science and the agenda is stupid. I don't see one serious statement to your posting...

I do know, like so many have pointed out: being a college grad doesn't mean a person is qualified for much of anything truthfully when it comes to knowing how to succeed; not having an education doesn't mean a person can not or will not succeed. I think this is evident when we look at who is in the White House right now.

Now can you tell us about the Republican party agenda and how you so smartly determined they do not believe in science?

Old 03-22-2015, 11:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,924,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Have they, or those who did graduate become the governor of a US state, and someone whom many consider presidential material? I wouldn't vote for the man with a gun to my head, and I don't support his political policies, but find this line of reasoning incorrect. 60% of Americans do not have a college degree, many of these people are extremely successful, and are the ones telling those with degrees what to do.

I have a graduate degree. I worked hard for my educational achievements, but earning the degrees were easy compared to the hard work, and real life achievement of creating a successful business. I would never be so shortsighted as to put having a degree above actual real world success. It's important to realize that in the past, leaving college for work, and then continuing up the ladder based on the quality of one's work, and skills was common.
I too have a graduate degree and realize the hard work of real life achievements. However, dropping out during the last semester of one's senior year of college is a waste. Walker was already working for the Red Cross so why not get the degree? Again, because Walker wasn't on track to graduate regardless. Walker wasted time and his parents' money dithering for four years of college. Not the behavior pattern I want of someone governing a state, or worse yet, our country.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
He ran and won 3 elections and has been a very successful Governor of the 20th most populated State in the Country. I would say given the circumstances he is the furthest thing from a quitter.
Walker knows how to campaign (most narcissists do). However, Walker has not been a successful Governor by any means.

Look up: Unemployment rates up in all Wisconsin counties, major cities | FOX6Now.com

The State of Politics: Walker

John Doe prosecutor moves to send former Scott Walker aide to jail

Walker Budget Would Raise Taxes, Fees By $48M According To Nonpartisan Analysis | Wisconsin Public Radio

Old 03-22-2015, 11:54 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,432,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I too have a graduate degree and realize the hard work of real life achievements. However, dropping out during the last semester of one's senior year of college is a waste. Walker was already working for the Red Cross so why not get the degree? Again, because Walker wasn't on track to graduate regardless. Walker wasted time and his parents' money dithering for four years of college. Not the behavior pattern I want of someone governing a state, or worse yet, our country.
Again, Pres. Obama did his share of "dithering," as you put it, as a young man, spending the last two years of high school "in a daze." And went to a pricey private school, so he wasted his folks' money too. Evidently this continued at least for a while into undergrad years, since he has always blocked the release of his college transcripts.

Is that the "behavior pattern" you want of someone governing "worse yet, our country?" Did Obama not get your vote on these grounds? Or is this entire issue a phony baloney big red herring?

Old 03-22-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Again, Pres. Obama did his share of "dithering," as you put it, as a young man, spending the last two years of high school "in a daze." And went to a pricey private school, so he wasted his folks' money too. Evidently this continued at least for a while into undergrad years, since he has always blocked the release of his college transcripts.

Is that the "behavior pattern" you want of someone governing "worse yet, our country?" Did Obama not get your vote on these grounds? Or is this entire issue a phony baloney big red herring?

Obama has a college degree, both undergrad and graduate. Obama has also won more significant elections than Walker.

When we are allowed to see Walker's college transcripts for the four years he dithered there without earning any degree, get back to me.

Last edited by jojajn; 03-22-2015 at 12:14 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 12:20 PM

16,858 posts, read 8,821,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Nonetheless, I don't think there's any question as to which president passed the most significant legislation: Barack Obama. Pretty good for an amateur.

The difference is that the opposition party Reagan contended with, the Democratic Party, was sane. Clinton was "pragmatic," but it didn't much matter -- the GOP is batsh!+ crazy, so naturally it tried to remove him from office (after accusing him of rape, murder, etc.). No sense in trying to reason with a dementia patient -- you just have to wait for him to die. And so it goes, tick-tock ...
I believed your view is tainted with bias. For starters Obama used up all his good will and political capital by pushing through the AHA on a strictly partisan vote. Remember he passed that most significant legislation because he had a completely (D) controlled Congress. Anyone, even a midget can dunk a basketball if the ladder they are on is high enough. Rest assured he would not have passed the AHA as written without significant changes and compromise, if at all with an opposition party in control.
Hence my point, that both Reagan & Clinton were effective enough leaders to compromise and get the country moving forward.

Interesting how you view the (D's) in the 1980's as "sane", yet the (R's) from the 90's as crazy.
Lets start with Reagan. He was pretty conservative, and Tip O'Neal was pretty liberal, yet they forged a path together. They also put politics aside to some degree on got on with the business of governing by compromise, not rigid ideology.
The same is true of Clinton who was pretty liberal, and Newt Gingrich was pretty conservative. Clinton was pragmatic enough to compromise.

Unlike your partisan view it was more the (D's) than Reagan, and more Clinton than the (R's), history says otherwise. Obama has been a failure compared with past presidents on that score. The two most recent examples of presidential leadership still make him look inept comparatively.

`

Old 03-22-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I believed your view is tainted with bias. For starters Obama used up all his good will and political capital by pushing through the AHA on a strictly partisan vote. Remember he passed that most significant legislation because he had a completely (D) controlled Congress. Anyone, even a midget can dunk a basketball if the ladder they are on is high enough. Rest assured he would not have passed the AHA as written without significant changes and compromise, if at all with an opposition party in control.
Hence my point, that both Reagan & Clinton were effective enough leaders to compromise and get the country moving forward.

Interesting how you view the (D's) in the 1980's as "sane", yet the (R's) from the 90's as crazy.
Lets start with Reagan. He was pretty conservative, and Tip O'Neal was pretty liberal, yet they forged a path together. They also put politics aside to some degree on got on with the business of governing by compromise, not rigid ideology.
The same is true of Clinton who was pretty liberal, and Newt Gingrich was pretty conservative. Clinton was pragmatic enough to compromise.

Unlike your partisan view it was more the (D's) than Reagan, and more Clinton than the (R's), history says otherwise. Obama has been a failure compared with past presidents on that score. The two most recent examples of presidential leadership still make him look inept comparatively.

`

The thing is: Walker has a completely controlled WI congress just as Obama did! That was how Walker dunked the union busting basketball on the unwary WI citizens. Walker does not compromise at any point ever like the effective leaders that Reagan & Clinton did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections