Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 02:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,757,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I guess they would have called Bill Clinton "Bluto"
Well, we weren't calling Walker Neidermeyer, his fellow students were. But I'm guessing Clinton would be more like Eric Stratton in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 03:09 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,697,571 times
Most of his supporters are creationists, so no they don't.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Only Republicans equate education with "elitist snobs". But thank you for answering my question. After Scott Walker, maybe your next candidate could be a grade schooler. Purity and all that.
no, someone that uneducated we call liberal..

Old 03-24-2015, 12:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
The problem with Scott Walker, besides the education thing and the Republican thing is he's a mouth breather which results in him always looking like a guppy.
Just when we thought Democrats couldnt have standards any lower than Obamas ignorance..

They prove us wrong..

Old 03-24-2015, 12:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
The problem with Scott Walker, besides the education thing and the Republican thing is he's a mouth breather which results in him always looking like a guppy.
OMG, you really think this will make a difference. Statements like that are really far reaching. Gee, I wonder how you feel about Obama's big ears or his skinny body?

Old 03-24-2015, 12:42 PM

78,678 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Only Republicans equate education with "elitist snobs". But thank you for answering my question. After Scott Walker, maybe your next candidate could be a grade schooler. Purity and all that.
I'm actually not a republican but yeah, when you start mocking adults over their formal education level....it's elitism. I know many bright, successful people that did not go to college.

Your comment about a grade schooler is a moronic strawman.

Tell you what, next time you are in a public gathering like a wedding or some other function, loudly state what a moron someone is for not having a college education. Then look around and see how many people are looking at you like you are a tone deaf jerk.

I'm sorry you don't see how offensive you are being because it fits your politics.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I want a president that looks presidential and is educated, IMO.
I would not vote for Walker. Compare him to Jeb... Jeb looks more presidential, IMO.
And I want someone who stands up to what he believes in, can make us all proud to be Americans again, someone who knows what it is like to be middle class and someone who can gain the respect of world leaders since the present administration has pretty much destroyed this.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,398,364 times
Quote:

I bet you have a advanced degree to come up with that kind of insightful and knowledgeable political commentary. PhD at least, and probably post-doc, and from an elite institution.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:26 PM

17 posts, read 20,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
but NEITHER are running for federal office. Obtuse much?

I think a college degree should be required..if its required of lower level employees of the government.
While I don't think it should be required, it is sufficiently odd to me to make Mr. Walker less worthy of support. Then again, over 65% of American voters DO NOT have Bachelor Degrees, so I would not underestimate his Joe Six-pack appeal.

(And for the love of God, do not mention Bill Gates as an example. Bill had a near perfect SAT score, dropped out of Harvard at age 20 after displaying prodigious programming skills, and founded a company at age 21 to become the richest man in the world. That is not the same as Scott Walker bailing out of a crappy school with a 2.5 GPA in humanities.)

Old 03-24-2015, 07:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,080,980 times
Social media; the new high school rumor mill/bullying weapon. It's easy to be a jerk, to get your yucks, without any accountability. No wonder the millenials show up so poorly against their peers in the world.

Centrally-controlled education for over 40 years has wrought this. But, I digress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm actually not a republican but yeah, when you start mocking adults over their formal education level....it's elitism. I know many bright, successful people that did not go to college.

Your comment about a grade schooler is a moronic strawman.

Tell you what, next time you are in a public gathering like a wedding or some other function, loudly state what a moron someone is for not having a college education. Then look around and see how many people are looking at you like you are a tone deaf jerk.

I'm sorry you don't see how offensive you are being because it fits your politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections