Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 02:57 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Please.

Obama is purported to have a degree (but it can't be verified). If he does, it certainly isn't apparent. There are many people a lot smarter than Obama who do not have degrees. Some never even went to college.
Really? Hmm...Columbia University and Harvard Law School both have verified his degrees.

Oh, wait a minute, this is more of you NOT birthing, right? It's just a coincidence that this is one of the birther's favorite talking points, because as you've been insisting, you're not a birther, right?

Riiiiiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 03:00 PM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Please.

Obama is purported to have a degree (but it can't be verified). If he does, it certainly isn't apparent. There are many people a lot smarter than Obama who do not have degrees. Some never even went to college.

Your links don't prove anything except that you wasted a lot of time.
1. They've started over 2 dozen threads about Walker and lead the recall rally cry around here. It appears to be a variation of Bush Derangement Syndrome.

2. In order to waste time, I'd think it would need have other valuable uses.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,379,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok

With that bring Saudi yes, I see it as a negative
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Wow. Auto-correct really messed this up. This should say "With that being said."
Maybe we have a ways to go before the robots take over all the jobs

Old 03-25-2015, 03:12 PM

17 posts, read 20,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Gates was never known for 'prodigious programming skills.' Allen was the programmer. Gates was an organizer and facilitator.

Much like Walker, Gates recognized opportunity early on and found himself without time for school.
Given that Gates started Harvard in 1973 when computer programming was a bit of an esoteric academic discipline, you are mildly correct - he was more of a prodigious mathematician in a combinatronics field that, by most accounts, is a good intellectual precursor to modern computer programming. Then again, any kid who could write a BASIC tic-tac-toe program at age 13, in 1968, is somewhat prodigious. Or write his high school's COBOL scheduling code at age 15 (and manipulate it to get him near pretty girls). Mildly prodigious. Certainly more so than a Scott Walker who probably watched Larry Bird a lot and ate a fair amount of pizza at the same age, but I digress.......

Quote:
The forays of Gates into politics have not always been successful. He backed a hand gun registration law in 1997 that went down to ignominious defeat....... ad absurdum

Yeah for the love of God, lets not compare Walker's successful political career to that of Bill Gates.
Perhaps I missed something, but I find Bill Gates' "political career" about as relevant as Scott Walker's Computer Programming Career - although as the head of the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, I can assure you that Gates' money has had a far greater impact in tangential political effects than anything Walker has done in either the political or computer programming field. It's an odd wire to cross, but again, you are comparing completely different people with completely different talents and abilities.

Look, I actually like Scott Walker, and he has had a dandy political career starting at a young age. I especially appreciate his stand against public sector unions, a courageous political act for which he will always have my respect. The question at issue was about his lack of a College education - and how his reasons for bolting are a bit different than those of the world's wealthiest man. Scott Walker had mediocre grades at a mediocre school and left before graduating - and that gives me personally some small reason for pause when considering him as a Chief Executive. Huckstering your way through local Wisconsin politics, while impressive, is not quite the same as leaving Harvard and the whole Microsoft thing. And if it helps you sleep, I would not particularly support Bill Gates for President either.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Quote:

Yeah for the love of God, lets not compare Walker's successful political career to that of Bill Gates.

'
I think Republicans should keep comparing Guppy Walker to Bill Gates. It's a genius strategy.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Walker were to be elected president, America would be the only advanced country whose leader lacks a degree.

What The World's Leaders Studied - Business Insider

And Walker would be deliberating with leading countries whose leaders have doctorate degrees. 10 World Leaders With Doctorate Degrees - College Degree SearchCollege Degree Search

This would be embarrassing for our country.

How educated are world leaders? | Visual.ly
Oh please.. Obama told everyone he picked Joe Biden as VP because Biden was familiar with international affairs and he knew pretty much nothing.

I still believe he pretty much still knows nothing, degree and all.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. They've started over 2 dozen threads about Walker and lead the recall rally cry around here. It appears to be a variation of Bush Derangement Syndrome.

2. In order to waste time, I'd think it would need have other valuable uses.
It is an indication as to who the Democrats seem to be worried about on the GOP ticket.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh please.. Obama told everyone he picked Joe Biden as VP because Biden was familiar with international affairs and he knew pretty much nothing.

I still believe he pretty much still knows nothing, degree and all.
That is your opinion to try to justify a college dropout.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden has long been an influential voice on foreign policy issues in Washington. First elected to the Senate in 1972 at age 29, Biden has spent more time in Congress than any candidate. He chaired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and sits on the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security.
Joseph R. Biden Jr. - Council on Foreign Relations

Walker's foreign affairs experience: ignored teachers and firefighters practicing their 1st amendment rights (per Walker's self professed foreign affair experience).

Old 03-26-2015, 05:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It is an indication as to who the Democrats seem to be worried about on the GOP ticket.
Hey, what is Walker's position on amnesty? Any idea?

Old 03-26-2015, 06:11 PM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hey, what is Walker's position on amnesty? Any idea?
He feels that even though you voted for Obama, you should not have to surrender your sense of self worth.
Everyone deserves a chance to learn from their mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections